OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
I have a question on the HEVC capabilities of these builds that I only ask here because it is the only place I can find where people are using the same device and have talked about its specific capabilities.

What would be a high end bitrate that the Pi 2 could handle for 480i content?

I'm trying to convert some of my retail DVD videos to HEVC to save 75% of disk space compared to the original mpeg2 video which is going good so far in tests. I have got the output to around 25% of original size and fair good video results.

I'm not good at encoding and the following command took me two solid days to come up with from Google and I hope it is decent. I just set the CRF for something that gets roughly the right file size and set a max bitrate to stop spikes from overloading the Pi 2. I just want to know if I can up the max rate since I can't find much info on the limits and set that from the one and only mention I found in this thread.

ffmpeg -i makemkv.created.input.mkv -vf "setfield=1, fieldorder=tff" -c:v libx265 -tune fastdecode -c:a copy -cConfused copy -x265-params crf=18:vbv-bufsize=3000:vbv-maxrate=1500:interlace=tff output.mkv

Messages In This Thread
How to install the builds - by kisas - 2015-05-24, 02:10
MVC 3D ISO Blu-ray - by Azimono - 2015-06-06, 14:28
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - by shadow - 2015-06-27, 07:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214