• 2(current)
Release Library Node Editor
you da man !!! confirmed
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
(2015-09-19, 15:25)zosky Wrote: you da man !!! confirmed

thanx for testing, much appreciated :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
GoodAfternoon
i added custom fields to most of my mp3 files using a tag editor such as the one in foobar2000. Would like to know if this addon is able to see these custom fields and if im able to create a custom node for them in kodi?

example
artists
track
album
album artist
(producer) <---------- Added Custom Field
Custom field tag reading is not supported (yet)

It requires support in the database and tag reader parts of Kodi

Check this thread, and maybe request it in there as others have also done

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=235259
Very great add-on, I really like it. Is this working with the Jarvis nightlies?

Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work. I am trying to edit my default video library. I have set a path "is not" specifiying one drive (smb:\\192.168.11.130\disk5), but the movies from this disk still shows up. Do I need to edit each sub.item? Or any other idea what I am doing wrong?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2015-10-31, 10:18)steve1977 Wrote: Very great add-on, I really like it. Is this working with the Jarvis nightlies?

Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work. I am trying to edit my default video library. I have set a path "is not" specifiying one drive (smb:\\192.168.11.130\disk5), but the movies from this disk still shows up. Do I need to edit each sub.item? Or any other idea what I am doing wrong?

can you pastebin the xml file it created?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie for looking into this. Please see below:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="2" type="filter">
<label>369</label>
<icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
<content>movies</content>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
<rule field="path" operator="isnot">
<value>smb:\\192.168.11.130\disk1\MOVIES (3D)</value>
</rule>
<rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">
<value>smb:\\192.168.11.130\disk14</value>
</rule>
<rule field="title" operator="contains">
<value />
</rule>
</node>
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
haven't tested it yet, but try with forward slashes:
smb://server/share/folder/
Thanks. Tried, but also did not wok.

Created a node with the same path (included rather than excluded) and entered exactly the same way how I had added to the video library (with / instead of \). Unfortunately, I am getting the error message "couldn't connect to network server".

Any idea?
this works for me:
Code:
<node order="2" type="filter">
    <label>369</label>
    <icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
    <content>movies</content>
        <value>smb://KODI/kodi-3/Movies/</value>
    </rule>
        <value>smb://KODI/kodi-2/Movies/</value>
    </rule>
</node>

i need to use forward slashes, but that may be platform dependent.

also, while testing, use the confluence skin.
from the homescreen, use the 'Videos' button to go to the root of your library.
next select 'Movies' and finally 'Title'.

if you directly choose 'Movies' from the homescreen, it won't work.
Thanks, I have changed to forward-slashes, but haven't found a way to get it to work, I have changed to confluence for testing. I have now created a new parent node to see what is going wrong just including a parh:

<node type="filter">
<label>TEST</label>
<path>smb://192.168.11.130/disk5/MOVIES</path>
</node>

Any idea what is wrong about this simple xml file?

As reference see parts of my sources.xml, which works perfectly well:

<sources>
<source>
<name>MOVIES</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.11.130/disk5/MOVIES/</path>
<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>

Also, are you saying that it will never work from homescreen when selecting "Movies"? This is actually the whole purpose for me to do so.
if you haven't already done so, check the wiki article on custom video nodes:
Video_nodes (wiki)
it's got some examples as well to get you started.

as for skin, nope you'd have to edit them as well if you want
to get the home menu working with library nodes.
Thanks. I have been reading the wiki entry. I am starting to understand how it works and may eventually get there.

I did not find a notion why this add-on does not change the default menu entry (i.e. "movies"), I would have anticipated that I am adding the "parent node" for movies, which replaces the default node. Somehow, this is happening on "title level", but not on the menu-level. How would I need to go ahead to edit the skin? Any suggestion how I can make the edit without it being wiped out upon skin update?

Thanks ronie. I love your work with Transparency! and this add-on makes nodes a lot easier. Big thanks!!!
(2015-11-02, 18:16)steve1977 Wrote: I did not find a notion why this add-on does not change the default menu entry (i.e. "movies"), I would have anticipated that I am adding the "parent node" for movies, which replaces the default node. Somehow, this is happening on "title level", but not on the menu-level. How would I need to go ahead to edit the skin? Any suggestion how I can make the edit without it being wiped out upon skin update?

skins still use the 'old' method in the home menu to point to the different library sections.
they haven't updated to the 'newer' custom library node method for the single reason
that custom library nodes also means that a user can remove some of the nodes and that would break the home menu.
there's currently no way for skins to check if some node still exists.

modding the skin basically means you have to update the ActivateWindow() definitions in the homemenu code.
for instance for movietitles, change:
ActivateWindow(Videos,movietitles,return)
to:
ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/titles.xml,return)

there isn't a way to preverse custom changes during a skin update.
what you need to do is create a patch with your changes that you can re-apply after a skin update.
Got it, thanks! Could below be the solution?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=183943
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Node Editor3