• 5(current)
Release Library Node Editor
(2016-03-21, 19:14)Hitcher Wrote: Is it possible to navigate into an addon and then create a node there in the same way as Skin Shortcuts so you end up with this?

PHP Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node type="folder">
    <label>test</label>
    <path>plugin://plugin.video.itunes_trailers/</path>
</node> 

I know you can manually add an addon's content but doing it via the navigation would make it simpler for users imo.

Code-wise it's very doable. The UX may need some thought, as the way that the recently added path node code splits up the entire path into its various components wouldn't necessarily suit plugins.
Fair enough. Just thinking out loud but could this work as a context menu item? So if you're focused on an item you'd like as a node you just bring up the context menu and select 'Create node'.
Example of what I mean:

I'm not sure it makes good sense to let each component of a path to a specific part of an addon be editable individually like that as it feels like there's greater chance of breaking the link than anything else. Of course, it shouldn't be difficult to not have that behaviour for plugins, or people might just plain disagree with me on that Smile A context menu add-on would be good too!
(2016-01-30, 16:39)Nazgyl Wrote: Hello, long time user, first time on the forums.

I've stumbled on this addon, but for the life of me, i cant figure it out.

I have my movies and TV shows setup and scraped nicely.
However, I would like to create two "parent menu items" just like movies and tv shows, one for Comedy standups, EG: George Carlin Life Is Worth Losing (2005)
and Robin Williams Live on Broadway (2002)

The other one is for music concerts, both will be scrapped by themoviedb idealy, and are stored on specific folders that are not included in the movie library. path is : smb//nas/comedy and smb//nas/concerts

How can i achieve this and have new shortcuts/item menus on my metropolis skin, or any other skin that is compatible with this plugin.

I prefer to have those new library items not to be included in the movies library

Appreciate the help.

I'm trying to do the same thing:
Create 2 categories: Comedy | Concerts
Files are sorted in specific folders

Problem: They use TMDb as a scraper, therefore comedy/concert videos appear in Movies

I tried editing the Movies node (e.g. "path is not G:\Comedy"), but it does not work.

Is there a workaround, like editing an xml file?
Follow-up question:
How can i create those 2 categories as home menu items in Confluence (Zeitgeist mod)?
Im not sure if this is possible so I need some expert help please. I have some basic knowledge about individual nodes and making a home screen widget for them in the Xonfluence skin and I have some already showing recently added videos from streaming addons, eg:
YouTube My Subscriptions, plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/

But, I have several other streaming video addons such as GQ, DIY Network, HGTV, etc. Would it be possible to create a node from each of those addons, but collect them under a parent node, and display a home screen widget of the entire mixed content contained in the Parent node?

Im basically trying to create a catch all home screen widget to show the recently added videos from these other addons which perhaps don't add content daily and therefore maybe don't justify an entire widget to themselves. The widget also means that it's possible to see at a glance if there a new videos from these addons, rather than having to drill down into each addon every time.

Is this possible? THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Not yet. After Hitcher suggested it earlier in the thread and assuming I have the time to clean up the code, I'll be PR'ing an update to the node editor to let it create path-style nodes to plugins at some point this weekend. Until that happens (and even then, it will only be available on git for a while and likely only for the Krypton version of the editor), the only way to do it is manually.
Ok Ill try to do it manually. I know how to find the paths to the plugins etc, but I'm not sure what exactly I should put in the xml.

Can you help me with the structure of the xml a little please?

I (think) I want a Parent node called "Streaming Addons" and inside 3 nodes, eg:

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/
plugin://plugin.video.hgtv/?mode=GE&amp;url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hgtv.com%2fshows%2fbeachfront-bargain-hunt%2fbeachfront-bargain-hunt-full-episodes-videos%7cBeachfront%20Bargain%20Hunt
plugin://plugin.video.gq/?mode=GE&amp;url=%2fnew.js%3fpage%3d1

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
Use the node editor to create the parent nodes. See the example linked on the word 'manually' for how each individual plugin node should look.

Edit: Also see video nodes (wiki) and audio nodes (wiki) for more info, including how parent nodes and nodes fit together.
Ok I did all that while waiting for your reply, and I seem to have got it mostly correct for a start, and its working when I browse directly to it via the video menu in Kodi. Ok good start! Blush

But when I try to add it as a home screen widget, it just gives me 3 icons to click and go to each node. That makes sense from what I have done so far, but I actually want the content of those nodes to be presented in one live widget, not as shortcuts.

So basically working in the same way as a live widget for 1 node, but for 3 instead.

How should I achieve this? THANKS Smile
My index file only looks like this:

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node>
    <label>Streaming Addons</label>
</node>

But I see in the wiki they show this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="1" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
  <label>342</label>
  <icon>DefaultMovies.png</icon>
</node>

Do I need to include something in the "visible=" section, given that this addon content, not library content?

Im starting to think that this wont do what I need, since its keeping the nodes totally separate. Will the Parent node actually show the total amalgamated contents of all the child nodes?

If not I don't think the custom home screen widget will work in the way that I was hoping unfortunately.
As far as I'm aware, it's not possible with Kodi's nodes to actually combine multiple nodes into a single view. The only way I know to do it would be to create a custom plugin which grabbed the content of the other plugins and returned them in a single list to Kodi.

A visible element is needed only if you want the parent node to be visible only when certain conditions are met. You can add one from the context menu.
Hmm, thats a pity. It seems it won't work in the way that I was hoping for unfortunately, because combining multiple nodes into a single view was exactly what I was after, so that they could all be combined in one home screen widget.

THANKS anyway for all your help Smile
Seems like this might do the job, but its still under development: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245318
It's an interesting discussion whether to link main menu categories to db paths or directly to the xml nodes.

Would it mean anything performance wise to do it one or the other way?
@Hitcher - sorry, meant to ping you on the original PR but was too busy making sure I wasn't pinging others who weren't directly related. Are you in a position to test the code for your request to be able to create path based nodes straight to plugins? PR here. Cheers.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Node Editor3