• 2(current)
Release Syfy Channel Video Addon
does not work for me I am in US it won't play any video (Android TV 5.0.2,Razer Forge,Kodi 14.2)
(2015-05-23, 06:24)pattuspl Wrote: does not work for me I am in US it won't play any video (Android TV 5.0.2,Razer Forge,Kodi 14.2)

Please read this: 2008879 (post) and this: 1985551 (post)
I'm almost 100% sure your Android build does not have ffmpeg with ssl.
Anyone with Android not running 15.0 or up probably will not be able to play the videos.
I installed this today and tested it out with episode S1E1 of 12 Monkeys. It briefly started playing, then my Raspberry Pi 2 froze and became unresponsive and I had to unplug it. Is this add-on stable, or is freezing a known issue? Thanks.
(2015-05-23, 22:08)Chiefy Wrote: I installed this today and tested it out with episode S1E1 of 12 Monkeys. It briefly started playing, then my Raspberry Pi 2 froze and became unresponsive and I had to unplug it. Is this add-on stable, or is freezing a known issue? Thanks.

I doubt it's to do with the addon. Rasp Pi 2 probably doesn't have enough power to deal with the 1080 video. I've seen it with some of my other addons.
(2015-05-23, 22:12)learningit Wrote:
(2015-05-23, 22:08)Chiefy Wrote: I installed this today and tested it out with episode S1E1 of 12 Monkeys. It briefly started playing, then my Raspberry Pi 2 froze and became unresponsive and I had to unplug it. Is this add-on stable, or is freezing a known issue? Thanks.

I doubt it's to do with the addon. Rasp Pi 2 probably doesn't have enough power to deal with the 1080 video. I've seen it with some of my other addons.

Pi can't handle 1080p? When did this regression occur?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-24, 01:06)nickr Wrote:
(2015-05-23, 22:12)learningit Wrote:

Pi can't handle 1080p? When did this regression occur?
I tried it again and it played the first 5 mins fine until I stopped it. Looked smooth to me.
The videos in this addon are hard on resources. You need a good steady 5-6 Mbps Internet feed.
(2015-05-24, 02:26)learningit Wrote: The videos in this addon are hard on resources. You need a good steady 5-6 Mbps Internet feed.
Not an issue as I have a fairly decent 30 Mbps connection for my needs.
(2015-05-24, 02:26)learningit Wrote: The videos in this addon are hard on resources. You need a good steady 5-6 Mbps Internet feed.
How are they encoded? h.264?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
V1.0.4 Updated addon in my git: https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.syfy/

Fixed content views, should look much better in a number of skins.
Scraped as much meta-data as is available on the website.
Added subtitles - enable in addon settings.
This version loads more slowly, a lot of page reads are necessary to scrape the meta-data.

Please let me know if it works or has issues for you.
just installed addon,and works perfect! was watching some wizard wars and great quality,and i have hard wired 6mb connection and didnt have a problem..so if people do have problrm using,like you said i think its all about connection speed! great addon thanks.+1
Added V1.0.4 which should improve loading speed a bit.

V1.0.4 Updated addon in my git: https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.syfy/
V1.0.5 fixes for website changes. An unfortunate consequence of more metadata is more places in the addon to break.

V1.0.5 Updated addon in my git: https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.syfy/
works very well now, thank you very much!
Version 1.0.6 in my git: https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.syfy

This is hopefully my last revision for a while. This has User selectable views and sort methods sorted out.
Please let me know if it works for you.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Syfy Channel Video Addon2