• 5(current)
Release Syfy Channel Video Addon
Just wondered if anyone else is having problems tonight with the Childhood's End listings. For one thing it displays wrong ("Childhood& #039;s End" without the space between the & and the # - I assume & #039; is some kine of code for an apostrophe) but that's not the real problem, the problem is that when you click on that it's popping up some kind of error message. It worked last night and the night before but not tonight, so I wondered if anyone else is seeing that error now or if it's just me. I'm running Kodi 15.2 (Isengard).
(2015-12-18, 05:13)birdwatcher Wrote: Just wondered if anyone else is having problems tonight with the Childhood's End listings. For one thing it displays wrong ("Childhood& #039;s End" without the space between the & and the # - I assume & #039; is some kine of code for an apostrophe) but that's not the real problem, the problem is that when you click on that it's popping up some kind of error message. It worked last night and the night before but not tonight, so I wondered if anyone else is seeing that error now or if it's just me. I'm running Kodi 15.2 (Isengard).

The website had some errors in the html which have been fixed now. You need to close the addon, go into the addon settings, click on 'Reset Metadata Cache' then click 'OK'. Start the addon again and it will rebuild the correct metadata - should fix both problems you mention.

One of my favorite Arthur C. Clarke novels, hope they don't screw it up.
(2015-12-18, 05:29)learningit Wrote: The website had some errors in the html which have been fixed now. You need to close the addon, go into the addon settings, click on 'Reset Metadata Cache' then click 'OK'. Start the addon again and it will rebuild the correct metadata - should fix both problems you mention.

One of my favorite Arthur C. Clarke novels, hope they don't screw it up.
Thanks much, that did the trick! You just saved my evening! Smile
Exclamation 
This add-on got updated and then marked as broken. How can I, or someone, fix it so that it works on Kodi v14.2 on Apple TV 2. Thanks
(2016-01-27, 03:32)jpv190 Wrote: This add-on got updated and then marked as broken. How can I, or someone, fix it so that it works on Kodi v14.2 on Apple TV 2. Thanks

The latest version requires 15.2 or higher.
Is there anyway to get this add-on to work on an Android box, none of the links will play.
The SyFy add-on was installed from the Kodi repository
I am using Kodi 15.2 Minix Edition if that is a concern, anyway to check if the ssl is enabled ?
Kodi: 21.0 Omega  Skin: Confluence 5.0.3
(2016-02-01, 07:37)EdT586 Wrote: Is there anyway to get this add-on to work on an Android box, none of the links will play.
The SyFy add-on was installed from the Kodi repository
I am using Kodi 15.2 Minix Edition if that is a concern, anyway to check if the ssl is enabled ?

Everything starts with a debug log. Enable verbose logging for ffmpeg and libcURL.
My guess is that you are outside the US and haven't read the forum support thread carefully.
Everything was working fine with the syfy app up until yesterday. i was on 15.2 (isendard) and it would not start the app. I upgraded to jarvis 16.0 and it still would not start the syfy app.. It starts to initialize then pops up an error to read the logs

Confused Here is the error i can see in the logs for the syfy error but cant understand what it is doing.. Any assistance would be helpful. I went back to Isengard.

Quote:18:27:26 T:5224 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 21: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\widen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.syfy\default.py", line 190, in <module>
ma.processAddonEvent()
File "C:\Users\widen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.t1mlib\lib\t1mlib.py", line 207, in processAddonEvent
if mode== None: self.procDir(self.getAddonMenu, p('url'), 'files', 'default_view')
File "C:\Users\widen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.t1mlib\lib\t1mlib.py", line 154, in procDir
ilist = dirFunc(url, ilist)
File "C:\Users\widen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.syfy\default.py", line 83, in getAddonMenu
ilist = self.addMenuItem(name,'GE', ilist, url, poster, self.addonFanart, infoList, isFolder=True)
File "C:\Users\widen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.t1mlib\lib\t1mlib.py", line 113, in addMenuItem
u = '%s?mode=%s&name=%s' % (sys.argv[0], mode, qp(name.encode(UTF8)))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 21: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
18:27:26 T:8116 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.syfy/
18:27:26 T:8116 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.syfy/) failed
18:27:26 T:7656 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
18:27:33 T:8624 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
18:27:33 T:8624 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:27:58 T:8152 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
18:28:00 T:6488 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
V2.0.3 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.syfy

Fix for unicode errors

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...odi_addons

You should get an "auto-update" or "update available" message, depending on your "auto-update" setting. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.

A Pull Request has been made for the kodi.org repo, it should update within a few days.
(2016-02-10, 03:18)learningit Wrote: V2.0.3 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.syfy

Fix for unicode errors

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...odi_addons

You should get an "auto-update" or "update available" message, depending on your "auto-update" setting. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.

A Pull Request has been made fo rthe kodi.org rep, it should update within a few days.

Awesome... That did the trick. MUCH appreciated..
Is Syfy still working for anyone at the moment?
(2016-02-12, 10:53)Eye in the sky Wrote: Is Syfy still working for anyone at the moment?

It is working for me.
Can't seem to get this addon to work. Installed 2.0.3 on Kodi 15.2, and the addon launches, but it just goes to my video folder.
I never get to the syfy listings. Anybody else seeing this problem?
(2016-02-12, 10:53)Eye in the sky Wrote: Is Syfy still working for anyone at the moment?

(2016-02-12, 17:22)mobius60 Wrote: Can't seem to get this addon to work. Installed 2.0.3 on Kodi 15.2, and the addon launches, but it just goes to my video folder.
I never get to the syfy listings. Anybody else seeing this problem?

I do see an issue with the addon on Android, but it works fine under Windows. I don't know why because the addon isn't using anything platform specific.
I'll look into this over the weekend.
Different python version?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Syfy Channel Video Addon2