WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2017-07-16, 23:01)LongMan Wrote: I've figured out why imported items are always removed and re-added instead of synced and updated and added a fix (which will probably need discussing with other team members / developers).

@Montellese. I noticed that you have changed the plugin from a Service, to a "Discover-able Service". Is that the solution you were referring to earlier?

No but I realized that a media importer can consist of up to three different parts:
  1. A discovery service which detects potential media providers and tells Kodi about them
  2. A script capable of importing media items from a media provider
  3. A synchronisation service which detects changes to already imported media items and tells Kodi about them

That's why I've started renaming the "service" script to "discovery" service because there might also be a "synchronisation" service. Not every media importer has to implement all three of these parts though.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, ...) - by Montellese - 2017-07-16, 23:15
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10