WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2019-10-18, 19:09)sualfred Wrote: @Montellese 
If you are interested and need any assistance in how Emby or the existing Emby-for-Kodi add-on works I can invite you to our internal Discord group with @angelblue05. She dealt with the API the last years and know all good and bad sides of it. I would love to see this feature be completed on some day. And I also think that Luke (of Emby) is interested in get this thing working. Just send me a PM in that case.

Edit:
Tested it with the latest Emby beta server (4.3.0.15) and it "worked". Tried a movie lib import, but it imported everything as movie. Music, TV shows, episodes, etc. No metadata at all except name + artwork.
FYI https://paste.kodi.tv
Thanks for the offer.

The main thing I don't know how to get working is updating metadata on the Emby server from the add-on i.e. if the user has watched a movie from the Emby server in Kodi how to tell Emby that the item has been watched etc. Apart from that I only ran into an odd behaviour of the "SortName" property for seasons which I don't understand but everything else seems to be working fine (at least with my setup).

Unfortunately your pastebin doesn't point to a specific kodi log.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, ...) - by Montellese - 2019-10-18, 22:31
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10