WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2019-10-22, 00:53)LongMan Wrote: Keeping my fingers crossed. I left a post asking about an API endpoint to do it since Luke mentioned it.
Thanks. Since I don't have an account in the Emby forum here's what I want to be able to update on the server for a video item:
  • watched: this seems to be possible with a call to POST /Users/{UserId}/PlayedItems/{itemId} with the property "DatePlayed" set properly
  • unwatched: this seems to be possible with a call to DELETE /Users/{UserId}/PlayedItems/{itemId}. I'm assuming that this also removes the "DatePlayed" property
  • date played: see watched / unwatched. The only "problem" here is that in Kodi it's possible to manually mark an item as unwatched but keep the "last played" property set
  • resume point: this seems to be possible with a call to DELETE ​/Users​/{UserId}​/PlayingItems​/{Id}
I've also come across https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wik...-Check-ins and maybe it would make sense to extend the Emby Media Importer add-on to support this playback tracking for imported media items. But it still doesn't cover the cases where a user manually marks items as watched / unwatched on the Kodi library without actually playing the item.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, ...) - by Montellese - 2019-10-22, 23:17
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10