WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2019-12-11, 20:23)LongMan Wrote: I like that. It has a natural feel to it.
I'll give it a try.
(2019-12-11, 20:23)LongMan Wrote: I assume you are avoiding Media Servers because provider could be a Kodi plugin.
TBH I suck when it comes to naming things. Initially (and still in the Kodi code) it was named "media source" but when I first introduced the concept to the team some found it confusing because we already use "source" for the existing file based sources. I don't want to use the term "server" because importing can theoretically happen from anywhere. We already support importing from another Kodi installation using UPnP.
(2019-12-11, 20:23)LongMan Wrote: Also,  are keeping it away when the Media>Library> Videos> Sources? I know UPnP sources are in that node.
Well there are multiple reasons:
  • Media imports are not video-specific but could also support music. I just never implemented it because I don't really use the music library myself and don't know how it works.
  • Media > Library > Videos (there is no "Sources") forwards to "Videos > Files" which certainly doesn't fit media importing.
  • The existing sources and media providers / imports work completely different so I wanted to avoid any confusion.

Maybe we should do the following:
  • Add a "Sources" (or whatever it will be named) node under Videos. This is also where Media > Library > Videos would forward to.
  • Add sub-nodes "Files" and "Imports" where "Files" shows the same as Videos > Files does now and "Imports" shows a list of media providers (with the matching imports as sub-nodes)
But I'll probably postpone this until the day (if it ever comes) where this gets actually considered to be included in Kodi.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by Montellese - 2019-12-11, 23:07
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10