WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2019-12-15, 04:14)LongMan Wrote:
Quote:Feel free to download the latest version and give it a try.
Yes. That fixed it. I am no longer getting that error. Thanks
Great, thanks for the feedback.

(2019-12-15, 04:14)LongMan Wrote: I wanted to give Plex a shot but it seems that now one has to register to use the server. It wasn't like that when I last used Plex. Admittedly that was about five years ago.
AFAIK you can configure your Plex installation to work without internet but you still need a MyPlex account to initially set it up. But I'm no expert.

(2019-12-15, 04:14)LongMan Wrote: I tried the Emby addon with Jellyfin. It saw the server but it would not authenticate. The devs said not to hash the password. So, I copied the Emby addon and passed self._password instead of passwordsha1, but still no joy.
In case you weren't aware, Jellyfin is a fork of Emby, about one year old. I still use Emby so I not fully up to speed with Jellyfin but I think not hashing the password is probably , one of a few, if not the only API change. 
I've never heard of Jellyfin. Maybe I'll take a look once everything works reliably for Emby ;-)
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by Montellese - 2019-12-15, 10:55
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10