WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-09-22, 21:02)Montellese Wrote:
(2021-09-22, 11:50)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi,

Just curious if this addon is still maintained as I see last commit was in June?

Cheers.
First of all it's not an add-on. It's a "fork" of Kodi which adds all of the necessary stuff to Kodi core to support media importing. In addition there are two (or even three) media importer add-ons available.

The "fork" of Kodi is almost finished. There is one minor improvements I have started working on a while ago but due to a stressful time at work and two small kids at home free time is a luxury.

The Emby and Plex media importer add-ons are feature-complete in the sense that they fully support all features expected and provided by Kodi core's media import logic. They also contain additional nice-to-have features like "skip intro" for Plex. Obviously there are tons of other features that could be added to these media importer add-ons like support for transcoding but they are not mandatory / importing for my primary use case which is to show case how powerful media import is.

Unfortunately the whole thing has hit a bump in the road due to a known bug / limitation in Kodi's Python 3 integration or even in Python 3 itself which severely impacts the functionality of Python based media importers. The same issue also affects skins which use a lot of Python add-ons to retrieve additional information like extra artwork etc. Until that issue has been resolved it does not really make sense to try to merge media import into Kodi mainline.

Hi Longman,

Apologies as this is not my mainfield.

Really appreciate the explanation and fully understand people are busy with other personal life things, so was just curious and not to criticise anthing.

Hope python 3 issues can be tackled, for now I am a happy user of media importer Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by Rijs43 - 2021-09-22, 22:26
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10