WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-09-30, 06:06)fnwc Wrote:
(2021-09-22, 21:02)Montellese Wrote: Unfortunately the whole thing has hit a bump in the road due to a known bug / limitation in Kodi's Python 3 integration or even in Python 3 itself which severely impacts the functionality of Python based media importers. The same issue also affects skins which use a lot of Python add-ons to retrieve additional information like extra artwork etc. Until that issue has been resolved it does not really make sense to try to merge media import into Kodi mainline.
Assuming this issue is fixed, is there a future plan to try to merge this importer as core functionality into the main Kodi branch? The only reason I'm asking is that I'm currently using PlexKodiConnect but I'm running into issues with not being able to import any artwork other than poster/fanart (which I used to solve with Artwork Beef) since Plex has no concept of that.
Personally I would be willing to do the work to integrate this into Kodi core since IMO it is the cleanest way to integrate external libraries into Kodi. There are many other approaches / workarounds including through add-ons and / or using JSON-RPC but they all don't fully solve all the different problems there are. But in the end it also highly depends on whether the team is willing to review all of the changes I made and wants to support it in the long run. It's no use if it is merged but then not supported.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by Montellese - 2021-09-30, 13:16
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10