WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
Hi @LongMan and @Montellese,

Is this a new version or I can keep using the one you kindly made available here? If this is a new version could I bother you a little bit more and ask for a RockPro64 version? Mainly because RP64 had this HDMI-CEC bug which was preventing me from using my remote control and was fixed only on this newer version.

Another sort of unrelated questions I have:

I've been using Media Importing and Library Integration with relatively small remote shared libraries (just to give an idea some 1500 to 2000 movies and a couple of hundreds of tv shows) and it has always worked fine, both to import files and on its daily synchronization and usage.

But what if I want to use a much larger remote shared library (and I'm talking here about almost 50000 movies and some 13000 tv shows)?

- Will it work ok at all?
- What about the initial import process? Do you have any idea about how long it would take to complete?
- When I do these libraries synchronizations (mainly the first one) does it have any performance impact on the server that's sharing the content with me? If so is there a way to minimize this impact?
- As you know I use a RockPro64, which supports sd cards and eMMCs. Realistically speaking do you consider that with such huge databases the performance would be acceptable using sd cards? (considering that I've always used high quality sd cards, and all). I'm asking because I've used other tools before (Emby for Kodi, PKC) and noticed some sluggish performance with bigger databases.
- If I'm in a situation that I may choose between a Plex and an Emby remote share on the same conditions which one do you guys think will perform better?

I appreciate any help and keep up the good work you've been doing. I'm looking forward to seeing this excellent project being officially part of Kodi/LibreElec.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by alsc - 2021-11-19, 18:16
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10