WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
@Montellese

Quote:Can you elaborate on the bugs you encounter at times?

I have multiple libraries setup in plex, they all import perfectly except 2. I updated PMI from 0.9 to 0.10 and now i only have 1 large library that struggles to import.

I finally got some free time and noticed you added links for new builds (can't find any info about what's new; if any) installed it and was ready to create a log file but of course kodi didn't crash. PMI imported the 1 large library without any errors, even the full sync in settings worked for the first time.

Ive got next week off so will have some time to do some heavy usage of this setup and see if I can get kodi to crash (as in just exits instantly) again.

I've been using a kodi skin called Embrary for this setup and it creates custom hubs based on kodi tags so it works well with your plex library tags.

• I just wish you imported episode thumbnails into kodi named 'thumbnail'.

• Have you thought about importing plex playlists into kodi?

• When you import rating(s) into kodi is it possible for you to set a default source? I'm guessing that's normally done by a scrapper but since you don't use one it doesn't get set for the movies/shows/episodes. This means that ratings don't display in the skin.

• One idea that might take a bit of time to do is finding out how plex handles its theme tunes, and incorporating that into kodi. I know plex has its own online collection of 30 second audio clips (any longer breaches copyright laws) for the theme but it also checks local first and plays them instead.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by kingkearney - 2022-06-21, 15:07
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10