Linux Kodibuntu 15 - Ubuntu 15.4?
Will Kodibuntu 15 be built with the base of ubuntu 15 that was just released today? I use kodibuntu currently, but certain things don't work with it, and I believe it's due to the underlying OS configuration. Example: If I switch to ubuntu desktop mode and try to use Steam In-Home streaming, I don't get any audio. I'm not sure how to fix this issue. I get audio if I play a youtube video or something within chrome. Just wondering if the update is planned. If anyone has a resolution to my audio issue, that would also be greatly appreciated Smile Thanks!
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
I don't think so, because Kodibuntu is built on a 14.04 LTS version which is supported until 2019.

Kodibuntu won't ship with Pulseaudio which you might be in need of

PulseAudio (wiki)
David is right. Steam for linux is made to use pulse audio. install that and you will be good to go. You will lose hd audio but there are ways around it if thats important to you.
Is there any tutorial for this? HD audio is important to me since I have a system that can take advantage of it. I would like a solution that allows me to play HD audio movies as well as use pulseaudio for steam while in ubuntu desktop mode.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Did you read the wiki I mentioned?

It's all explained there except the thing how to install pulseaudio, but I think this isn't hard work:

Code:
sudo apt-get install pulseaudio

Maybe pavucontrol (pulse audio volume control) might be needed, too:

Code:
sudo apt-get install pavucontrol

For the workaround (hint: for forcing kodi to use Alsa) read the wiki Wink
Would it be easier if I just tried something like launching steam with ALSA? http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/dis.../?l=french
scottbrant.net - Blog
If you are able to force steam to use alsa, then you should be fine...give it a try and report back, please Wink
Reporting back.... It didn't work. Sad
scottbrant.net - Blog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu 15 - Ubuntu 15.4?0