TheTVDB scraping issues with non-english shows
I'm having a scraping issue with non-english shows. Right now: this.
Final Helix stable, win8.1 pro.

Show is Norwegian (no), no close or familiar matches in a search. It only has a Norwegian (language) entry - not an english one. Show is locked on episode level, but that's really not relevant.

No matter what language (NO is clearly the correct one here) is set on the series folder, season subfolder (I tried with or without season subfolder, only one season so far), or addon default lanugage - it will not retrieve the scraper info. If I do a tvshow.nfo file containing only show URL, and put it in the series folder - it will retrieve fanart but no text. Not even show title.

The ONLY way I've managed to get it to scrape info (and if doing this, all info is retrieved correctly) - is by setting the contents language of my global TV series source folder - to Norwegian. Going this route, it appears I don't need the tvshow.nfo file.

The problem is, this is pretty much the only Norwegian show I have, all others English, or with English scrape. This means that each time I want to add a new episode of this show I have to do the following:
  • Scan global parent TV show source, for any new episodes NOT related to this particular show.
  • Change global parent TV show source folder, scraper language to Norwegian (no).
  • Scan global parent TV show source again to retrieve scraper info on new show episodes.
  • Change global parent TV show source folder, scraper language back to English (en).

Anyone come across this issue? Any known fix?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
I have the same problem with a Danish show called Arvingerne. TheTVDB doesn't have an English language entry, just Danish. So scraping for that TV show always fails. Pretty annoying.

I don't have a solution, but thank you for posting the work around that you use. It's a bit of a hassle, but at the show appears now.

I created a forum account just to say thanks. This will probably be my one and only post, ever.
Hi,

I just registred here to say that you can also change tvdb scraper language settings for a subfolder only.

So assuming your TV SHOWS folder uses the tvdb scraper in english, but you have a folder inside for a foreign language series, you can go "Change content" on that folder, choose settings and change the language. This will set it only for that folder, not affecting your parent folder settings.
(2017-01-09, 00:31)iben12 Wrote: Hi,

I just registred here to say that you can also change tvdb scraper language settings for a subfolder only.

So assuming your TV SHOWS folder uses the tvdb scraper in english, but you have a folder inside for a foreign language series, you can go "Change content" on that folder, choose settings and change the language. This will set it only for that folder, not affecting your parent folder settings.

This worked for me.  Thank you for posting this information!  Much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB scraping issues with non-english shows0