HD audio support only with OpenELEC test builds and PCM?
(2015-05-05, 14:31)Eklar Wrote: Are OpenELEC test builds the only way to get HD audio working on RPi 2, or are there other (stable) releases or options (Xbian?)?

As far as OpenELEC is concerned, only test and recent nightly builds include DTS HD MA support. It might also be in OSMC, Xbian and Arch builds, although I'm not familiar with these distributions so others that are will need to confirm.

(2015-05-05, 14:31)Eklar Wrote: I understand that RPi 2 doesn't support DTS HD-MA and TrueHD bitstreaming due to hardware limitations. But it appears that some OpenELEC test builds decode HD audio streams and can send a 5.1 (and higher?) PCM signal via HDMI.

Yes, it can output 7.1 PCM via HDMI.

If you configure less than 7.1 channels in Kodi then the DTS HD-MA library will downmix the audio to whatever number of channels you have configured. If you configure Kodi with 7.1 channels, then your amp will take care of any downmixing should you have less than 7.1 speakers.

(2015-05-05, 14:31)Eklar Wrote: On that topic, how can I verify that it is indeed using the DTS HD-MA stream, rather than the DTS CORE stream which is included in the HD-MA signal?

Open the Codec OSD while playing back a video.

If the first line is showing "s32p (24 bit)" then you're decoding audio with the DTS HD MA library. If not, you're decoding only the "DTS core" with the older DTS decode library.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HD audio support only with OpenELEC test builds and PCM? - by Milhouse - 2015-05-05, 14:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD audio support only with OpenELEC test builds and PCM?2