HD audio support only with OpenELEC test builds and PCM?
(2015-11-12, 19:57)calibos Wrote: Just ordered a RPi2 for 3D ISO playback with my new 3D projector but audio wise it will be connected to my old 5.1 Sony DB1080 which only decodes plain Vanilla DTS/DD5.1. Noggin in another thread confirmed that the RPi2 can passthru the DTS core and DD AC3 to my receiver. However, am I understand this discussion correctly, that I could also tell the RPi2 to decode the TrueHD or DTSMA and output as LPCM to my old Receiver. In other words, I'd actually be able to listen to the HD soundtrack with it effectively just being amplified by my non HD 5.1 receiver....or have I misunderstood what's being said?

I apologise if I'd misinformed you. I thought you had an HDMI receiver. If your receiver only has an Optical Toslink or Coax SPDIF input then you will also probably also need an HDMI audio extractor.

I thought your Sony Amp was, like our first Sony amp, an HDMI model that only supported DD/DTS (and in our case PCM multichannel) - not one that didn't handle HDMI at all. The Raspberry Pi 2 will bitstream DD/DTS over HDMI - but doesn't have a digital audio output over optical or coax.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HD audio support only with OpenELEC test builds and PCM? - by noggin - 2015-11-13, 00:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD audio support only with OpenELEC test builds and PCM?2