Black Screen After Main Menu
New member, so I apologize if this has already been covered, but I had an issue earlier today and I found a way to fix it, so I thought I would share my experience since I didn't find a solution elsewhere. And yes, I looked.

Today, after installing vJoy, AutoIt, and AutoHotKey, I encountered and issue with Kodi that wouldn't allow me past the menu that Kodi loads first. It would either load a black screen or crash, although a combination of the two was most common. It seemed to depend on what i clicked.

The steps I took were as follows: (* = what I believe solved my problem)
1) Uninstall new programs (didn't help, installed again and all is well)
2) Ensured all drivers are up to date (didn't help)
3) Upgraded from Kodi 14.1 to 14.2 (tried several times, didn't help)
4) Exiting full screen and trying to navigate menus (still crashed/wouldn't display)
*5) Looked for files Kodi didn't appear to delete when uninstalling/reinstalling, and landed at "%APPDATA%\kodi\userdata" without quotes
*6) Deleted the files and relaunched the latest stable version of Kodi (14.2 in my case)

Note: I legitimately have no idea what caused this, but the installations listed were the only changes made in the last two weeks

Not sure if it matters, but here is a list of addons I used to have:
1Channel
USTV VOD
Pandora
Project Free TV

System Specs:
Win 7 x64 Home Premium SP1
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
6 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 6770

Edit: my fix seems to be hit or miss, working on obtaining a debug log.
I don't use Windows very often myself, but I believe there is some bug that seems to be causing issues when there are joysticks enabled.
I went through and disabled all joystick drivers last night and I haven't had a crash since. Thanks for the tip.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Screen After Main Menu0