Win Improve library update speed
Hi,

I am wondering how to setup my file server to optimize the library update. I have some sources excluded from library update.
How does Kodi search the sources, will it search one by one or multiple at a time? I have recently upgraded my hard drives so storage is not an issue, I can put all sources on ~2 disks, or I can split them up by having one-two source per disk (5 disks in total, no RAID setup). But that would add the spin-up delay if Kodi searches them one by one, hence my question.

Thanks!
regardless of spin-up delay, it shouldn't take too long for an update. Yes it's file by file, but unless there is changes there is no appreciable delay, more of the order that the o/s does for a directory listing. The message indicates that your update is much longer, if it's not far behind, you can make the scanning notices silent. Mine took 50 sec for 10k of listings, in the same sort of set-up you have (I do have exclusions).
(2015-05-14, 15:51)PatK Wrote: regardless of spin-up delay, it shouldn't take too long for an update. Yes it's file by file, but unless there is changes there is no appreciable delay, more of the order that the o/s does for a directory listing. The message indicates that your update is much longer, if it's not far behind, you can make the scanning notices silent. Mine took 50 sec for 10k of listings, in the same sort of set-up you have (I do have exclusions).

Ok, thank you for the answer. I have spread out the folders across all disks. I'll re-arrange my files and move more of them to the excluded locations and hopefully this will reduce the update time some more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improve library update speed0