Android Always Buffering
Almost everything I stream is buffered....I know that's part of streaming....but good grief. ...it's to the point of not enjoyable at all.... (rather download torrents) than this....
I know there is a script to adjust cache or something.....

Anyone know of a solution. ....unfortunately all I can get out of wifi verizon is 3mps/second
You need to add a file called advancedsettings.xml and tweak some cache and buffering parameters. The parameters will depend on the platform you're using.

I have a Fire TV and set the following which gives me 300MB of cache buffer size for all video streams (regardless of source).

If your network conditions are a bit up and down, then this will certain sort out the problem.

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>104857600</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>4</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
Why not read the following excellent link.

I chose the last example and my buffering has all but gone.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache
Guys....thanks

How do I make this file?....using what....this is definitely new to me....and how would/do I 'install' this file into my nexus player running 5.1.1 (not rooted)
The way I did it was to go to the link I posted on my Windows PC.

I then opened Notepad (NOT Word) and copied and pasted the chosen code into Notepad. Then I saved it as a file named advancedsettings.xml. Then I copied it to a memory stick.

How you then put it into your nexus player will require someone else's input because I have an Android box running 4.2.2. So, only half an answer, sorry.
I will have to use my wife's laptop....I have a chrombook (perhaps I can use chrombook) don't know....... .....hhhmmmm
Yea this is definitely new to me
(2015-05-19, 21:47)JNRW Wrote: The way I did it was to go to the link I posted on my Windows PC.

I then opened Notepad (NOT Word) and copied and pasted the chosen code into Notepad. Then I saved it as a file named advancedsettings.xml. Then I copied it to a memory stick.

How you then put it into your nexus player will require someone else's input because I have an Android box running 4.2.2. So, only half an answer, sorry.
Just for caps and testing giggles. ...I ran kobi at the local panera and I watched the rest of Lazarus Effect there...with absolutely NO buffering. ... (fast wifi I guess)
So .....the issue is yes....increase cache. ..but also ......'slow' for kobi wifi in my house....
(2015-05-19, 22:22)bleedgreen777 Wrote:
(2015-05-19, 21:47)JNRW Wrote: The way I did it was to go to the link I posted on my Windows PC.

Just for caps and testing giggles. ...I ran kobi at the local panera and I watched the rest of Lazarus Effect there...with absolutely NO buffering. ... (fast wifi I guess)
So .....the issue is yes....increase cache. ..but also ......'slow' for kobi wifi in my house....

WiFi will only work if it is a very good quality connection. I use Ethernet cable and powerline adaptors. Some people don't rate them but they work for me. I use the Devolo brand and have no affiliation to that company at all. Sounds to me that you need to address the basics ( such as a good connection) first and then think about tinkering later.
Yea, I let it buff @ Panera for like 3% then played and it `kept up` with playing
(2015-05-19, 22:38)JNRW Wrote:
(2015-05-19, 22:22)bleedgreen777 Wrote:

WiFi will only work if it is a very good quality connection. I use Ethernet cable and powerline adaptors. Some people don't rate them but they work for me. I use the Devolo brand and have no affiliation to that company at all. Sounds to me that you need to address the basics ( such as a good connection) first and then think about tinkering later.
The wifi is all its giving me.....
not sure if nexus player can even hook to ethernet. ..need to Google it
NP can hook up to ethernet via micro to usb to ethernet

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Always Buffering0