[FEATURE REQUEST] 2 backends in 1 client
I love kodi's implementation of Tvheadend.

I got a simple request, which will help me a lot, right now in the client in kodi one could only enter one tvheadend server.
But I got a tvheadend server at location x and a dvb-c server at location y, they are fysically at another location.

I would like to add both into the client and so be able to watch all my available channels!

Hope this can be added soon!
I actually have a somewhat similar issue. I use TVHeadEnd as my backend to receive free-to-air satellite TV. But, because TVHeadEnd doesn't have good support for HDHomeRun devices, I also have a separate Mythbuntu backend that I use for OTA channels. Right now, when I want to switch between the two, I have to quit Kodi and run the MythTV frontend software, or vise versa. I don't want to mix the channel lists between the two, either. So what I wish you could have is multiple appearances of "Live TV" (with the label configurable), each one accessing a different backend, with completely different and independent channel lists, recordings, etc. I think this would fulfill the OP's request also.
(2015-05-20, 15:43)menno Wrote: I love kodi's implementation of Tvheadend.

I got a simple request, which will help me a lot, right now in the client in kodi one could only enter one tvheadend server.
But I got a tvheadend server at location x and a dvb-c server at location y, they are fysically at another location.

I would like to add both into the client and so be able to watch all my available channels!

Hope this can be added soon!

maybe this helps:
I actually tricked Kodi into using two backends at the same time. I have not tested this in 15.0 but in 14.2 it works flawlessly.

All you have to do is copy the pvr.tvh addon folder to pvr.tvh2 and edit the the addon.xml inside pvr.tvh2 and change the id and name fields.

Now Kodi will see two tvheadend addons, you can configure them individually and enable them both. Now all channels from both addons (and so from both TVH servers) will show inside LiveTV.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1989934
Hmmm although this works, it is far from ideal,

1. On a raspberry Pi running openelec it's very complicated to make these changes (requires squashefs)
2. It requires users to do things outside of kodi

A kodi addon based solution seems so much user friendly, an extra tab for an extra (or two) backend would be greatly appreciated!
on openelec you can add the modified addon in /storage/.kodi/addons/ no need for altering the squahfs
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FEATURE REQUEST] 2 backends in 1 client0