• 126(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
I have Dolby Atmos/TrueHD, DTS:X/HD-Master Audio passthrough working properly on my Android TV Box using Kodi Krypton.
What is everyone banging on about here ?

EDIT: Sorry, Apologies wrong Android TV forum thread. I should be posting in the Android TV - Mi Box thread ! Big Grin

I like Ronie's Pony Pic so it deserves a repost... Blush

(2017-02-05, 22:03)Martijn Wrote: Everything works for me.

Sorry for being curious, but did you need to "adjust refresh rate with 2.5 seconds delay" or did audio passthrough work immediately? I suppose you have a 2015 non-pro SHIELD as well?
(2017-02-06, 11:26)b711 Wrote:

Sorry for being curious, but did you need to "adjust refresh rate with 2.5 seconds delay" or did audio passthrough work immediately? I suppose you have a 2015 non-pro SHIELD as well?

It works fine without delay as well and i have both types
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-02-06, 11:26)b711 Wrote:

I couldn't get it to work, even with the 2.5 second delay.

I've switched off the "Adjust Refresh Rates", and it works fine. To be honest, my old eyes can't see much difference.
Try a delay of around 4.1 seconds works 100% everytime for me
(2017-02-06, 16:05)BluHD Wrote: Try a delay of around 4.1 seconds works 100% everytime for me

It seems it works for some dolby systems, but not all. I am using it with a Samsung F8500 Plasma with an optical output to an older Samsung AV receiver. Which was working fine until the Nvidia ~ 5 update.

This is not about the "settings", I do not even have "Adjust Refresh Rates" set. Even I tried setting it and setting a large delay no change.

And it does not seem directly a Kodi issue, SPMC and Plex seems to be doing the same.

And I am really sorry to bother everyone with my issue about Nvidia in a Nvidia titled thread. Which never should have been done, and a moderator called me "Extremely stupid" for that, and got away without any apologies

Someone can be wrong, but does not deserve to be trolled to be wrong. But of course we are in a Trump era, everyone will getaway with everything.
Hello

How do i bookmark/add favorites in kodi using the shield controller?..it was simple before they updated it to krypton..please help..thankyou in advance
I have upgraded my Shield to nougat. Kodi auto upgrades to v17 - but I want to stick with v16 - can I stop it upgrading as it seems to self upgrade every time I switch off. With thanks
(2017-02-08, 09:03)David2266 Wrote: I have upgraded my Shield to nougat. Kodi auto upgrades to v17 - but I want to stick with v16 - can I stop it upgrading as it seems to self upgrade every time I switch off. With thanks

Turn off auto updates in the Play Store.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am on SPMC and my passthrough all of a sudden stopped working alongside my onkyo. Anyone knows why?

Im on latest shield update. and btw is it RAW passthrough or IEC (or whatever it is called) ?
(2017-02-04, 13:26)b711 Wrote: A factory reset, a re-install of KODI v17 from Play Store and an "adjust refresh rate with 2.5 seconds delay" finally did it: HD-Audio (DTS, True HD etc.) passthrough is back on my 16GB SHIELD 2015 on recent firmware 5.0.2. Cheers.

Strange...did exactly the same after I lost passthrough after the update to 5.02 and still no passthrough.

My money is on the next Shield update:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...73#5070114
(2017-02-09, 00:50)djhifi Wrote: I am on SPMC and my passthrough all of a sudden stopped working alongside my onkyo. Anyone knows why?

Im on latest shield update. and btw is it RAW passthrough or IEC (or whatever it is called) ?

I can confirm that it's a known SATV issue: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...73#5070114

Best thing to do is to report the issue to Nvidia, especially because you can receive the beta version of the needed update!
Use this form: http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=b...61acc3fe29
(2017-02-09, 00:50)djhifi Wrote: I am on SPMC and my passthrough all of a sudden stopped working alongside my onkyo. Anyone knows why?

Have you seen the latest beta builds of spmc?

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/releases

There is a fix in it called:

FIX: HD audio IEC on N (Shield + Mi)

Maybe fixes your problem?!
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
I'm suffering passthrough issue either. 2.5s delay or 24Hz setting works fine but I guess there shouldn't be probem with 0s or 60Hz.
Hi there,

Please help. I am new to Kodi.

I am using the Nvidia Sheild with Kodi 17. Every time I attempt to download my add on from zip file, it fails and says "unable to download NETWORK error". I have ensure the add on is typed in correctly. I have checked the my internet connection is active and still I am facing a problem.

Please may you suggest any tips?

Thank you
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6