• 10(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
It's working fine for me.

What skin are you using?
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Nevermind.... looks like its caused by the EMBY for Kodi add on. Its not working correctly right now and is also causing a hang upon exit. Uninstalling that add on fixes this issue.

I am using Titan by the way.
(2015-06-15, 18:11)hifiaudio2 Wrote: Nevermind.... looks like its caused by the EMBY for Kodi add on. Its not working correctly right now and is also causing a hang upon exit. Uninstalling that add on fixes this issue.

I switched to Titan too recently. Had some issues with me being silly and having the addons folder being substituted in advancedsettings.xml but I got that fixed. I tried to switch to Emby yesterday but Emby's web settings seems to not get any metadata (and my pemissions on my linux server seem fine) and after Kodi claims it sync'd all my content I still see nothing. I've tried PlexXBMC a few days ago since I already have Plex running for awhile but everything about it's integration with Kodi felt off, slow, and clunky.
I had Emby for Kodi working on my windows 8.1 install. Just can't get it going so far on the Shield.
(2015-06-15, 18:11)hifiaudio2 Wrote: Nevermind.... looks like its caused by the EMBY for Kodi add on. Its not working correctly right now and is also causing a hang upon exit. Uninstalling that add on fixes this issue.

Sounds like its a known issue from the Emby guys over on their forum. It was working in beta 1 but something in beta 2 caused it to break. But I have beta 2 working on my Windows machine. Not sure if its because I installed beta 1 first on that machine and then beta 2 on top of it, whereas beta 2 on the Shield was a new / first install.
Nice to have (nearly) proper TV viewing via the Live Channels app. Saw that VC1 hasn't been added to the codec list yet. Hopefully that will come later with the other missing features.

I noticed that Kodi still only has Bob deinterlacing available for h264 files. Is this what is actually being used or does the machine do proper deinterlacing and we just aren't shown the option.
I am a bit disappointed in Kodi on Shield Android TV.
I tested Kodi on Shield Tablet Tegra K1 and Android TV Tegra X1 with a 10 bit mkv file encoded in 1080p High 10 @ 5.1 and Kodi gave almost the same performance on Android TV as on Tablet. But the main problem is that there were some scenes where the playback was choppy.
I tested the same video file with MX Player and the playback there was much much smoother and the scenes that were choppy on Kodi were smooth in Mx Player.

I would like to use Kodi because Kodi can remove judder effect and give 5.1 pasthrough.

Any chance to optimize Kodi for at least Tegra x1 to give as smooth playback for 10 bit mkv as MXPlayer gives ?

Ps: I disabled hardware acceleration on both devices in both software because hw acc gives video corruption.
O boy so you tried a 10bit video file which was already asked several times if it would play and the answer was no
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
i updated my shield to FW 1.2 and playback mkv 1080p with 23.976 or 25fps still output 4k/60p, I’m using the playstore built, any idea, please help.
(2015-06-15, 22:47)tml2k2 Wrote: i updated my shield to FW 1.2 and playback mkv 1080p with 23.976 or 25fps still output 4k/60p, I’m using the playstore built, any idea, please help.

That's likely your TV doing the up scaling already and showing stupid values.

As already mentioned several times this is WIP and needs time
But with open hour and same set up everything works fine
then wait for new firmware round in some time.
Nothing we can do about
That's what I'm trying find out, not here to bitching and blame the product or anything, because some people saying their shield working fine with switching, I think some of the member in this forum a little too sensitive.
(2015-06-16, 00:06)tml2k2 Wrote: That's what I'm trying find out, not here to bitching and blame the product or anything, because some people saying their shield working fine with switching, I think some of the member in this forum a little too sensitive.

i wasn't saying you are bitching. Simply saying that for some it works, for some it won't and that's up to the manufacturer to solve.

For me it works 50/50
Fyi my Emby for Kodi issue already solved by the Emby team. Now working awesomely with Shield and beta 2.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6