• 14(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
Holyshit!!! You are not going to believe this. I seem to have found the ISSUE!!!

So i have an XBOX One for like 3 days now! Now you can guess what it was. I had the xbox one in energy saving modus.
Now me and my wife were sitting here and putting out clues to what it could be. And then im like wait a minute the problems are here for the last couple of days and the xbox one has been here since last week.

Well then i took the xbox one out of the energysaving standbye mode and then pulled out the ethernet cable of the xbox one. And now all of a sudden the movies are buffering again.
It seems having the xbox in my network somehow prevented Kodi from buffering. Now that i have disconected the xbox kodi buffes through and the movies play again.

I will post the logs of my last runs with the error occouring. Maybe its a bug in kodi but i dont even know why something like this would happen.
maybe we now buffer so much that your NAS goes to sleep in between and has to spin up again.
with the XBOX keeping the NAS awake you won't have that problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I think you didnt quite understand what i was saying.

It is when i have the xbox one connected to my network the drop outs and play stops occour. Now that i have removed the xbox one from my network completly erverything runs fine again.
So the xbox was somehow preventing my orbsmart and my shield in kodi from buffering the movie. Now that the xbox box is gone everything is working fine again.

Here the logs of when it was happening from my orbsmart amlogic box

http://xbmclogs.com/pp7qbnit7

and here is another one where it just terminates the playback

http://xbmclogs.com/poku4medp

Same thing happend with the shield.

Its like the xbox intereferes with my nas smb share or something. The problem is probably not even kodi based. But i just wanted to clear up the situation since i was asking here for help like crazy.
Now i have to find out if it is particularly the xbox or if my router has some sort of issues when 4 devices are connected via lan cable. So i have a bit of testing ahead.

Edit: So just found out that if i disconect the 4th device the xbox one from my network i can stream movies with no sort of adcancedsettings for buffering. Something is realy fishy with my network.
Again, it's a network drop out issue (from what you're describing) and doesn't have anything to do with buffering, other than the fact that when it drops there's nothing to buffer.

Since it appears to only happen when the Xbox is on your network you may want to look and see if it becomes the Master Browser when it's on your network. With what you described, it sounds like that could be the issue or you have a Master Browser conflict were you have 2 devices trying to be master.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
ok what your saying sounds rearly good... a master browser problem it is you say?
hmmm ok now only one problem :-D What is a master browser problem? :-D

Also it has nothing to do with the energy saving mode of the xbox one. It occurs no matter what as soon as the xbox is connected to the router.
Now the strange thing is... and this will get you laughing. The xbox is off and erverything. Its completley off. And as soon as i put in the network cable the drop out starts happening.

WTF :-D This is some twisted shit here.
Just a random thought. Have you tried a different network cable with the Xbox?
Basically, the Master Browser is where all your computers (devices) on your network hold an election and decide on one becoming the boss of the rest.

Now I don't have a Xbox One, so I can't tell you what it's doing when completely "off". But you can test by plugging in your ethernet cable, then unplugging the power cord on the Xbox. If you're still having an issue then it's not the Xbox, if you aren't then when "Off", it's probably not completely off.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Tinwarble, I hope you don't mind that we used your image for the blog post today. We really liked it.
(2015-06-21, 19:10)busta.rhymes Wrote: ok what your saying sounds rearly good... a master browser problem it is you say?
hmmm ok now only one problem :-D What is a master browser problem? :-D

Also it has nothing to do with the energy saving mode of the xbox one. It occurs no matter what as soon as the xbox is connected to the router.
Now the strange thing is... and this will get you laughing. The xbox is off and erverything. Its completley off. And as soon as i put in the network cable the drop out starts happening.

WTF :-D This is some twisted shit here.

Sounds like a Auto-MDX/connection negotiation issue.

Try a different Ethernet cable for your XBox One.
iMac, Pioneer Elite PRO 141FD, Denon 4311CI, Synology DS509+, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Logitech Harmony Home Control, nVIDIA Shield Android TV
Will try a different ethernet cable theese days, for now have the xbox connected through wireless lan and it works perfectly.
(2015-06-21, 21:35)natethomas Wrote: @Tinwarble, I hope you don't mind that we used your image for the blog post today. We really liked it.

Not a bit, your welcome to use it for what ever you want.
Not sure if this is just related to Kodi on Android, but if I have a TV folder with no content in it, I can't mark that show as being watched. When I do, it acts as though it does, and moves down to the next show, but it still has the Unwatched icon next to it. I had this same issue on the Nexus Player.
People using the WMC PVR add-on should install the nightly build
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I cant seem to get 24hz working.
My tv switches to 24hz on playback and then straight away goes back to 60.
Using the HDMI cable that came with Shield plugged into my hdmi 2.0 socket on my TV.
I read previously in the thread about Koyings commit to SPMC for the remote.

This is not in the nightly from here, right? http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/

Does anyone have a nice custom xml for the remote, or is it not needed with the mentioned commit?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6