• 69(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2016-01-05, 03:28)atodzia Wrote: Is there a way to retain the aspect ratio of a picture when using the slideshow? I don't see an option to do this and it fills the screen, cutting off some of the top and bottom of the photo. I really like the Kodi slideshow except for not being to change this default. I realize that if I manually go through the pictures it does retain the aspect ratio, but I would also like it to do this in the slideshow mode.

Andy
Maybe this helps: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254854
And thanks Hiphopopotamus. I have also considered the flirc, but I can buy a used Harmony smart control where I live for almost the same price as a new flirc.
And sorry for double posting..
(2015-12-27, 23:48)Jeromeger Wrote:
(2015-12-27, 23:18)datranquil Wrote:
(2015-12-27, 10:41)Jeromeger Wrote: Horizontal tearing line in Kodi appearing after some time

Maybe someone else had the issue and found a solution.

Nvidia Shield TV connected to a Samsung 4K TV.
System resolution set to 4K@60p (recommended)

Here are the symptoms

- During playback of some videos a horizontal tearing line appears after a while (about 30-40 minutes)
- the line moves slowly up and down the screen
- it is a tearing line, meaning the upper part of the picture is slightly in a different position than the lower part
- pressing pause shows no line
- stopping the video playback and resuming it, fixes the issue for about 30-40 minutes
- not every type of video is effected, 25p files are, 24p seem to work without issue

Things I tried
- VBS Settings in Kodi are not effecting ths issue (appears with on and off)
- Kodi is set to allways sync refreshrate of TV and it works (Samsung switches to 50p for the 25p files)
- Kodi is running in latest beta (16 beta 4)
- Shield is updated
- Motion correction/smoothing is deactivated in TV
- tried the Kodi option to sync video to refresh rate, no effect
This is an issue which is normally caused when vertical synchronisation is turned of. Please make sure it is enabled.

That was my thought as well, first thing I checked. I did try to explain it with the first line under "things I tried". The same symptom with this horizontal tearing line appears when VBS (vertikal blanc sync) is on or off. No effect.
So far the issue is only present on 25p material (TV shows und TV recordings, usually mkv files, not live TV)

So just in case anyone else needs the fix, here is what worked for me

Symptoms
- 25p files in kodi will cause the TV to switch to 50hz
- after a while 25p files will show a horizontal tearing line
- also after a while the playback of 25p files will start to judder

Solution
- normally Kodi should switch to 25p by itself, but it doesnt
- normally 50hz should not cause issues for 25p playback, but it does
- we need to force Kodi to switch the TV to 25hz
- create a textfile named advancedsetting.xml with the following content
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<video>
<adjustrefreshrate>
<override>
<fpsmin>24.99</fpsmin>
<fpsmax>25.01</fpsmax>
<refreshmin>24.99</refreshmin>
<refreshmax>25.01</refreshmax>
</override>
</adjustrefreshrate>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
- now copy the advancedsettings.xml to a usb stick or drive
- plug the usb stick into Shield TV
- copy the file to Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
- path might be a bit different depending on version
- you can use the Android App ES File Explorer to copy the file
- when you cant see the path, activate the option to show hidden files
The 25Hz fix was already posted (multiple times) inside this thread and inside the other Shield TV thread.
I must have missed that you only have that problem with 25p files, or I would have referenced the old posts.
i have seen the 25hz fix, but it was only mentioned to correct judder.... I think the effect of a horizontal tearing line was not mentioned before, so I thought it is good to mention it in case someone is searching for the tearing line issue
I see. Now I remember why I did not answer your question Wink.
It seems there are several problems with 25p with 50Hz with the Shield TV.

Did you try forcing 60Hz for 25p? This fixed my 25p judder problem while (of cause) introducing the 2:3 (or whatever it is for 25p Wink ) pull down judder problem. But that was much less dominant than the 50Hz judder.
(2016-01-05, 17:07)wweich Wrote: I see. Now I remember why I did not answer your question Wink.
It seems there are several problems with 25p with 50Hz with the Shield TV.

Did you try forcing 60Hz for 25p? This fixed my 25p judder problem while (of cause) introducing the 2:3 (or whatever it is for 25p Wink ) pull down judder problem. But that was much less dominant than the 50Hz judder.

Nope. Forcing 25hz did the trick for me. No judder at 25p or 24p or 23.976p. So no need for me to check forcing 60hz
(2016-01-05, 11:21)wweich Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 03:28)atodzia Wrote: Is there a way to retain the aspect ratio of a picture when using the slideshow? I don't see an option to do this and it fills the screen, cutting off some of the top and bottom of the photo. I really like the Kodi slideshow except for not being to change this default. I realize that if I manually go through the pictures it does retain the aspect ratio, but I would also like it to do this in the slideshow mode.

Andy
Maybe this helps: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254854

Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for and it works. Being new to Kodi and the Nividia Shield it took me a while to figure out how to create or get the file on the Shield but I was finally able to using File Manager and creating the file on my PC and putting it on my ReadyShare drive connected to my router.
Hi all,

i get my nvidia shield tv today and the first step was a update of the firmware, it was the think with better black... and better HDMI compatibility...
After it was finished i installed kodi. But i have some strange issues and i hope somebody can tell me if this is the normal behavior. (My Shield TV is LAN connected and this wire works definitively)

#1. I can't access to my NFS Server over "add sources", even if i try to add it manual, i can not access NFS at all.
#2. I can't access to my SMB Shares over "add sources", same as NFS. (Error massage "Error 2, SMB not available"
#3. Live TV with VNSI plugin doesn't work. I get the Massage with "...Server disconnected..." Looks like the Server cant be found (All other devices im my house works with this setup)

(it looks like i have some strange Network issues, or is this the normal behavior?!)

EDIT:

i have also tried to get access to my NFS Server with the sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml - if i copy these files into my profile folder, kodi does not start at all.

EDIT II:

FOR ALL WITH SAME ISSUES - CHANGE THE NETWORK-SETTINGS TO STATIC IP AND DO NOT USE DHCP. This solves my problems.
(2016-01-05, 16:36)Jeromeger Wrote:
(2015-12-27, 23:48)Jeromeger Wrote:
(2015-12-27, 23:18)datranquil Wrote: This is an issue which is normally caused when vertical synchronisation is turned of. Please make sure it is enabled.

That was my thought as well, first thing I checked. I did try to explain it with the first line under "things I tried". The same symptom with this horizontal tearing line appears when VBS (vertikal blanc sync) is on or off. No effect.
So far the issue is only present on 25p material (TV shows und TV recordings, usually mkv files, not live TV)

So just in case anyone else needs the fix, here is what worked for me

Symptoms
- 25p files in kodi will cause the TV to switch to 50hz
- after a while 25p files will show a horizontal tearing line
- also after a while the playback of 25p files will start to judder

Solution
- normally Kodi should switch to 25p by itself, but it doesnt
- normally 50hz should not cause issues for 25p playback, but it does
- we need to force Kodi to switch the TV to 25hz
- create a textfile named advancedsetting.xml with the following content
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<video>
<adjustrefreshrate>
<override>
<fpsmin>24.99</fpsmin>
<fpsmax>25.01</fpsmax>
<refreshmin>24.99</refreshmin>
<refreshmax>25.01</refreshmax>
</override>
</adjustrefreshrate>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
- now copy the advancedsettings.xml to a usb stick or drive
- plug the usb stick into Shield TV
- copy the file to Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
- path might be a bit different depending on version
- you can use the Android App ES File Explorer to copy the file
- when you cant see the path, activate the option to show hidden files

Is this fix applicable to the latest 'Jarvis' beta, or has this been addressed?
Well for some reason, with nothing changing, 16 beta 4 has stopped working with smb shares today. It just sits there with the Working circle. I've checked with other clients and smb is fine.

I have a fixed ip addy from my router
(2016-01-06, 03:15)ddiehl Wrote: Is this fix applicable to the latest 'Jarvis' beta, or has this been addressed?

I am using Jarvis beta 4 and I needed this fix to fix the 25p playback issues I had
(2016-01-06, 09:14)Dropbear67 Wrote: Well for some reason, with nothing changing, 16 beta 4 has stopped working with smb shares today. It just sits there with the Working circle. I've checked with other clients and smb is fine.

I have a fixed ip addy from my router

did you try adding the network share using your sever pcs ip?
(2016-01-06, 13:17)Jeromeger Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 03:15)ddiehl Wrote: Is this fix applicable to the latest 'Jarvis' beta, or has this been addressed?

I am using Jarvis beta 4 and I needed this fix to fix the 25p playback issues I had

Will I need a keyboard/mouse, or can I copy/paste the file with the remote or gamepad?
Hi
For those of you who are interested I got my harmony remote working with numerical support, I have been struggling with this myself so thought someone might be intrested.
NvidiaShield Working Numerical Harmony Remote
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6