• 98(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
When you add the button for subtitles does it show this?

It sounds as though you don't have things setup correctly.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
No I don't see the id number after "Show Subtitle" but a -t.

I assume the IR and Bluetooth work because I can turn on TV, AVR and navigate with the remote and the android app can also control the TV

(2016-06-08, 04:24)cd2022 Wrote: No I don't see the id number after "Show Subtitle" but a -t.

Which means that it's not registering, so again, it sounds like you have something wrong in your setup.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Success!!!

After synced the hub and still no go. I re-paired the Android app with the SATV again and this time the ID showed up after a button pressed in editor.

Now only if I can get the video codec to show it would be awsome. Thanks Tinwarble for the clue about key ID.
Your welcome, glad you got it worked out.

For codec info, go to Fullscreen video > Other > Show codec info, program whichever button you want.
Profit!
And just FYI, more "NEWS" will be dropping tomorrow.
Looking forward to it.
Ouch, free plex server on 3.2 Smile
http://www.androidcentral.com/coming-nvi...ign=buffer
I'm not sure that is that useful to many existing Plex users (or PleXBMC users), but is nice for people on the fence or hadn't heard of it.

Didn't they already support ATMOS passthrough or did the cleanup their DD* passthrough implementation?
(2016-06-09, 15:50)Koying Wrote: Ouch, free plex server on 3.2 Smile

* A 4TB enclosure will do.
(2016-06-09, 15:50)Koying Wrote: Ouch, free plex server on 3.2 Smile

There's more news coming than just that, but I'm embargoed until later today.
If emby can run on it I'm sold.

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

As many are already aware, if you've been following the news the last couple of weeks, Nvidia has been promoting what's going to come with the 3.2 update which should be released later this month.

What had already been announced is that the Shield ATV will get an exclusive Vudu app and support for HDR (which will be open to any app that can make use of it. I know Koying will be ecstatic about that. Tongue ) And today they have announced that the "Major New Feature" is that Plex Server will also be coming to the 3.2 update. Which is all fine and well, but this ain't no Plex forum is it.

A couple of features that will be added which will be helpful for Kodi use are Mount NAS, which will allow you to mount your NAS on the SATV as a local drive. And the ability to access the SATV folders as Network Shares, which should allow easier management of your library, especially if you're using USB connect HDDs.

Now for the bad news for you 3D lovers. No, 3D MVC support has not been added, and there's no telling if it will ever be added, though they did say that they are still "evaluating" it. I did push them in an attempt to get an definitive answer, but right now it doesn't look good that it will be added, at least any time in the near future.

Also, a pet peeve of mine has been the lack of "extra" commands on Harmony remotes. It's something that Nvidia is aware of, and they took responsibility for it not being added yet, but that's about as much as I know and no time line as to when it will be fixed.
Thanks for the update. Interesting... that nVIDIA considers Plex server as a MAJOR new feature. I am leaving Kodi and going to Plex. See you all in Plex forum Rofl
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6