v17 Ambibox addon not workin in Kodi /black border detection ambilight
From the Kodi.log
https://pastebin.com/Lt9ywAyn

So why isn't this working.
Ambibox is working fine on my pc.
But the addon for some reason isn't.

Is there any other way to add black border detection in Kodi?
(2018-09-04, 15:23)chrisssj2 Wrote: From the Kodi.log
Only provide a FULL and unedited debug log (wiki), we sadly are not psychic.

(2018-09-04, 15:23)chrisssj2 Wrote: Is there any other way to add black border detection in Kodi?
To what end? If you watch on a 16:9 TV/monitor, and you select a 21:9 video, that will not fit. So you either accept the black bars, or you zoom in and accept that parts of the video (left/right) will be cut off if you want to keep the aspect ratio on the video. You can set the zoom factor as you please and save it for all your videos, with possible cut off sides.
(2018-09-04, 15:37)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-09-04, 15:23)chrisssj2 Wrote: From the Kodi.log
Only provide a FULL and unedited debug log (wiki), we sadly are not psychic.
(2018-09-04, 15:23)chrisssj2 Wrote: Is there any other way to add black border detection in Kodi?
To what end? If you watch on a 16:9 TV/monitor, and you select a 21:9 video, that will not fit. So you either accept the black bars, or you zoom in and accept that parts of the video (left/right) will be cut off if you want to keep the aspect ratio on the video. You can set the zoom factor as you please and save it for all your videos, with possible cut off sides. 
 Ok sorry I just figured I cut out only the part that mentioned the ambibox error.
Anyway, here the full debug log : https://pastebin.com/cW1WSyaC

Yeah zooming in is not an option lol. You lose video that way plus it will look ridicilous, if you dont lose those sides.

Anyway Hyperion, Boblight etc. all have black border detection methods, Ambibox might have those too if im looking at the config options.
But unfortunately I can't get Hyperion/boblight to work on my Mediaplayer Minix uh-9/Libre elec for some reason (the leds wont respond to anything when I play video, eventhough the addon is installed and the leds are turned on)
So I figured I looked for a black border detection method on the PC.
Keeping the black borders but still having the lights from the scene, where it starts.

Maybe the amibox plugin is so old it won't work with the newer kodi etc.?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ambibox addon not workin in Kodi /black border detection ambilight0