• 6(current)
v15 OSD Erratic Behavior
(2015-08-09, 07:51)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:Also video would start in background.

This has nothing to do with the issue here. It's a known EGL issue and documented in the second post of the thread.

Thanks i saw that, just thought i'd mention in case there is a connection, and for completeness.

BTW no fix for the backgrounding is mentioned in the EGL 2nd post, or did i miss something?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
[Offtopic]
No. If there was a fix, I had already removed it :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I was experiencing the exact same issues and fixed them by disabling joystick (and mouse) support in the setting via the GUI.

I did not have this problem in kodi 14, only 15.

- Archlinux fully updated
- Kodi 15.1 (provided by the distro)
- Nvidia ION 330
- Driven only with a MCE remote and a cheap IR dongle (no keyboard / mouse)
False alert, the osd is still messed up Sad

Quote:Peripheral connected (Keyboard, mouse, cec adaptor, RF wireless receiver / other) joystick, keypad / other which?

Only a IR receiver: ID 0471:0815 Philips (or NXP) eHome Infrared Receiver
to use with LIRC and an MCE emulated remote (Logitech Harmony)
(and a radio E/R ID 1781:0c30 Multiple Vendors Telldus TellStick )

Quote: A full complete debug log.
Sorry it's not the debug enabled log. When I enabled it and restarted kodi, the bug disappeared. As soon as it come back, I will enable debug and post here the result:
kodi.log:
http://pastebin.com/uanke4rq

Quote: Linux users in addition, pastebin a dmesg and lspci -vnn | pastebinit

dmesg: http://paste.ubuntu.com/12130568/
lspci -vnn: http://paste.ubuntu.com/12130611/

Thanks
Got it !
The bug re-appeared after a few hours, I was able to enable debug and relaunch the movie:
- the OSD stay on screen (progress bar wont disappear)
- the "menu" key on the remote doesnt work

Here is the debug log:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/12136276/

Hope it helps.
Let driver choose is not a choice on Windows 8.1, at least for me. Should I pick disabled? Problem is, at least in pre Isengard, I had horrible tearing so that's why it was enabled when playing video.
(2015-07-22, 04:04)Ned Scott Wrote: See if this happens with the following advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file, which should disable dirty regions rendering:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <gui>
    <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
    <nofliptimeout>-1</nofliptimeout>
  </gui>
</advancedsettings>

This actually appears to have fixed the problem for me with Vsync set to enabled during video playback. Setting Vsync to let driver choose also seemed to fix the problem but brought back the menu flashing problems that were introduced in v14 when Vsync is set to let driver choose. Disabled Vsync also fixed the problem but led to annoying artifacts during video playback.

Atleast for me Vsync being enabled during video playback and the changes in dirty regions code seems to be the source of the problem.

This is my video card: 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (secondary) (rev 03) and I am using keyboard input for control. The most annoying part of this bug is that it would actually block keyboard input. When waiting got stuck on the screen even though video was playing I was unable to pause, stop, etc... from the keyboard but if I went to the web interface I could pause the video and then waiting would disappear and it would all go back to normal.

Just realized this is a little old. Has there been any progress on fixing it so we don't need advancedsettings fixes?
Disabling vertical blank sync in Kodi fixed the issue for me.

It is set to enabled in the video cards settings still.
I've the same situation here - last Kodi version which works is 14.2. With all 15 and 16 versions I have this problem. Running Kodi on a z64 minix system with windows 10 prof. CPU is a Atom Z3735F and of course GPU is Intel HD.
Tried the advancedsettings no change. Might be that disabling v-sync helps, but that is not an option to me - then I can't watch videos because of tearing with 15.x. With 16.beta with vsync disabled it is almost impossible to use even the UI (very bad response - each click takes a few seconds to respond)

It appears this behaviour starts, when kodi/computer is idle for a longer time (I never suspend or shut off). Sometimes I even have to kill the Kodi task, because Kodi is not responding to any keys, after starting a video which is played perfectly.

johoe
So with the advanced settings to disable dirty regions rendering it works fine at first but after Kodi has been running for a few days the problem comes back. Restarting kodi fixes the problem.
very strange, this problem seems not to be related to HW, OS, SKIN. Saw very different configs in this thread, I've no idea about that. Maybe it's caused by an addon or something like this...
I started over with a clean .kodi dir and still had the problem so not an add-on or skin issue.

Is there an official bug report for this?
Windows 7
ion 330 pro

I have the exact same problem, dirtyregions fix works BUT when my computer sleeps hibernates its back then i have to restart Kodi...

i havent tried what happens if i use it for a couple of days or so but my first impression is that it works.
Found this while googling for my issue. I replaced my old mediapc with a gigabyte brix 2807 and put kodi 15 or something on and had all kinds of OSD issues. I used the same settings as previously (including vsync settings) and I had the progress bar not disappearing, keys stopped working, etc.

The vsync option mentioned here has fixed it for me. No further problems for the last two weeks. Thanks!
Using xmbc for minix version 15.3 which is really just 15.2 and exactly the same symptoms. I'm trying the vsync option but only can turn it off as the driver option does not exist.

Update- disabling vertical sync worked for me
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD Erratic Behavior1