v14 FLIRC problems with key-repeats
Hello,

I have ASUS Chromebox/KODI-Combo and a FLIRC a month now and have a single problem:

KODI or FLIRC, don't know which, seems to randomly repeat a key after the initial press. An example: I press the backwards-key on the remote, it executes once, after a half a second or so, it repeats the key in a quick succession multiple times. If using the backwards key, it goes quickly to the main menu. If I press "enter"-key, it will hang the Box for about 30-60seconds, then play back.
I only noticed it with the keys I use very often, but since it's random and not with the each press, I can't pin-point it.

Noise-Canceler or Inter-Key-Delay don't seem to work any magic, and I didn't find any Remote settings in the KODI to attempt to set it up.

Any ideas what else I could try?

Many thanks.
Kosta
Upgrading to the latest flirc fw 3.6 fixed this for me
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I already had 3.6, and also force upgraded to 3.6. The problem persists unfortunately. I ordered the X-Box One Remote and Arctic MCR2 from Amazon to test them both, maybe I get lucky that it functions...

Here's another example:
I'm in a folder and the cursor is placed on the "..." to go back to the previous folder. If I press enter, and if the "feature" happens, it will continuously and very rapidly switch between previous and actual folder. Even if I hide the remote.

So it definitely is not a remote problem and the way it sounds, the problem exists between Kodi and FLIRC.
Never had this problem with Flirc. Only with my Harmony if it 'hangs'. Then it starts to repeat the presses extremely fast. But it helps to hide the remote. So it's definitively the rrmote and not Flirc which reprats the presses.

Maybe your dongle is broken
Sounds very much like it. I'll wait until two other remotes arrive and test with those, if it fails, I'll send it back to eBay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FLIRC problems with key-repeats0