• 4(current)
Intel Braswell boxes compilation
Nice box! If you are in a hurry you can buy the regular N3150-ITX (already available) plus the M350 Enclosure with PicoPSU-80 and 60W adapter KIT. The N3150DC-ITX just showed up in ASRock's website so it should take some time to reach the stores.
i received itx board Smile
in few days i'll make some test!
Nice, looking forward for it.

BTW, if you are using OpenELEC don't forget to use @fritsch's dev build in http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2051116.
Added the Braswell NUC Review (NUC5CPYH): Building a HTPC with OpenELEC to the first post which so far is one of the best Kodi-Braswell reviews I've read.
(2015-07-20, 11:53)oWarchild Wrote: Nice box! If you are in a hurry you can buy the regular N3150-ITX (already available) plus the M350 Enclosure with PicoPSU-80 and 60W adapter KIT. The N3150DC-ITX just showed up in ASRock's website so it should take some time to reach the stores.

Well I could buy the existing ASRock N3700-ITX and use with a PICO based power supply. Unfortunately in the UK its is a real hassle to get a PICO based solution - the M350 Enclosure with PicoPSU-80 and 60W adapter KIT is not available outside the US, it is relatively expensive and cost of shipping to the UK is exorbitant ! Far easier to stick with a plain M350 box (around £35 from Amazon UK) and stick the N3150DC-ITX in.
(2015-07-15, 09:39)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 21:48)wanthd Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 21:02)Matt Devo Wrote: marketing jibberish. Braswell bitstreams HD audio just fine, many people have tested it

Braswell can passthrough HD Audio (DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD) even on Windows 8.1?
Passthrough HD Audio didn't work on old baytrail (J1900/J2900) on Windows 8.1.

I'm interested in buy a Asrock N3150-ITX, but i have this doubt about the HD Audio.

I own this board. DTS-HD / TrueHD works fine ... but only tested on linux. Would not use Windows voluntarily.

i have not been able to get a passthrough of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD with Kodi 14/15 and Windows 7/8.1.
I think it simply is not supported.
(2015-07-29, 17:22)iglitare Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 21:48)wanthd Wrote: Braswell can passthrough HD Audio (DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD) even on Windows 8.1?

I'm interested in buy a Asrock N3150-ITX, but i have this doubt about the HD Audio.

I own this board. DTS-HD / TrueHD works fine ... but only tested on linux. Would not use Windows voluntarily.

i have not been able to get a passthrough of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD with Kodi 14/15 and Windows 7/8.1.

Apparently the Intel drivers don't currently support HD Audio in Windows (similar situation to the Baytrail N2820 for a long time - though Windows HD Audio drivers were eventually released.)

AIUI there is no problem under Linux AFAIK. (Again same situation as Baytrail N2820) OpenElec etc. are running HD Audio OK.
(2015-07-29, 17:22)iglitare Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 21:48)wanthd Wrote: Braswell can passthrough HD Audio (DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD) even on Windows 8.1?

Please try: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...ea5.img.gz from an usb stick (gunzip and use w32diskimager to write it onto the stick) ....

Once again ... pay > 100 dollars for windows and receive no hd audio on top ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I consider to buy Asrock N3150-ITX and put 4GB Ram, 1xusb3.0 2.5 disc 1TB, 1xSATA 2.5 1TB additionally maybe I insert 1xSSD 128Gb or some USB stick as system disc. As main system I plan install Ubuntu with Spotify, Kodi, Transmission and would like to use some software to handel NAS functionally for example FreeNas.
I scare that kodi will not work very smoothly and DTS/True Hd will not works and this is function without it I could not use it as media center .
Another thing is that the HEVC will not works on Kodi in Linux (FFmpeg not suppot it currently) so maybe I should instead N3150 to buy Athlon 5350 Asrock AM1B-ITX with has advantage in performance but lack of hardware decoding h.265.
Fritsch could you help me with make a right choice in my situation as You use n3150 with Linux so probably You consider also athlon 5350.
I don't think AMD solutions get a lot of love from the Linux team as the driver support in Linux is not great. nVidia and Intel seem to be favoured as they have better Linux driver support? (I may be wrong, but for years AMD support was terrible)
Mmh - we worked with AMD oss people a very long time and even got GL Interop implemented. As long as you don't use the damn fglrx blob - we fully support this.

Current issues:
Only 2048x1152 max surface size
Only Temporal deinterlacing
HD Audio does not work with certain AVRs when not in 60hz
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-08-01, 12:11)fritsch Wrote: Mmh - we worked with AMD oss people a very long time and even got GL Interop implemented. As long as you don't use the damn fglrx blob - we fully support this.

Current issues:
Only 2048x1152 max surface size
Only Temporal deinterlacing
HD Audio does not work with certain AVRs when not in 60hz

Apologies fritsch if I mis-stated the situation. I'd always come to the conclusion that AMD stuff wasn't brilliantly supported, whereas it seems it just has some limitations.
No problem. If you need to use it on Windows or have some R900+ device on linux with the blobs - you are f*cked. We currently have immense problems on Windows to get working AMD drivers for the new DX11 support. On linux we just gave up - no support for the blobs.

So you were not wrong :-)
Thanks for help so it looks I will buy N3150-ITX
(2015-07-13, 21:48)wanthd Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 21:02)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 18:00)wanthd Wrote: Premium Audio is HD Audio? Anyone tested if Braswell works with DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD?

marketing jibberish. Braswell bitstreams HD audio just fine, many people have tested it

Braswell can passthrough HD Audio (DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD) even on Windows 8.1?

This (DTS-HD, DD+ passthrough in Win 8.x) - was a Protected Audio Path issue. Netflix relies on it for DD+ passthrough, so does Win 8.x for DTS-HD. After about a year of fiddling, Intel coughed up the explanation; The DN2820 was set up to rely on Intel Management Engine for PAP. But they left out the HW to support the IME.

A large group of users reported finally getting passthrough working after Intel Trusted Execution Engine took over for IME - BUT it also includes (or included - this might have been sorted in recent driver updates) installing GFX drivers 10.18.10.3958 - intended for the D34010WYK(H). See Intel support thread here .

Seeing how they got the ball rolling, I don't really see why DTS-HD passthrough shouldn't be supported with the new NUCs - at some point. Previous affairs and all documentation I've read, indicate that the harware supports this. With Windows.. Just make sure Intel Trusted Execution is actually enabled in bios, and the device is running fine in Windows. I'm not sure if it requires UEFI boot, but I would most definitely believe so.

@nickr - please ease up the seemingly endless prodding of Windows and its usage. Millions of Kodi users run Kodi off Windows, and they all have their own reasons. You're a linux guy - great! Your contributions to the Kodi community are very much apperciated. Just please, don't knock everything else in this manner, its degrading to what still remains a very large userbase-platform for Kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Braswell boxes compilation3