Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
(2021-07-06, 10:22)Funkd Wrote:
(2021-07-06, 06:14)pfp-az Wrote: Funny that you mention these other skins because earlier today I forked Aeon Nox Silvo and spent a few hours trying to figure out how to go about modding it for a scope screen.  It would definitely be a time sink for me, but I have the time.  For me the issue is my skinning knowledge is still so limited and so much of what I figure out is by trial and error.  I like a challenge but I think it might be more than I can handle.  Still considering it though.

Yeah it’s tricky. Was the exact same for me back when I started this skin. Changing values and refreshing the screen to see if I hit the right one. I had a few tricks I used to do. I’ll try and dig them out and send them on.

For example I had an overlay view which was transparent but had red and orange lines for 2.35 and 2.40.

Oh yeah.  I found that and it's very helpful.  Same with keymaps to display debugging info on the screen.
However there are aspects that still make this rather tough to me.
  1. It looks like the original code is not commented at all.  Sometimes comments have been added as mods were done but to a large extent you either have to know this still extremely well or figure what each block of code is actually doing.
  2. Code is not necessarily in order.  The code that draws something at the bottom of the screen may be at the top of the file or somewhere in the middle, etc.  This may not make difference to the finished look of the skin but it adds another challenge to figuring it all out.  This is especially the case with nested containers that can obscure the real position of something on the screen.
  3. Includes everywhere with code across many different files.  I understand why the includes are used but again in make it rather difficult to decipher when everything is new.
In order to make the changes I did to the movies details screen I had to go through every line of code adding comments and reordering all the pieces so that I could make sense of it.  While I think that's a good thing I'd imagine it makes merging upstream changes difficult if not nearly impossible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - by pfp-az - 2021-07-06, 14:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)3