Updating Music Library
Really need some help with this. What I'm trying to do is have alums listed by album artist only. If an album has a featured artist, like a duet, I don't want both artists listed in the library, just the album artist.

I've gone through a few albums and edited the artist and album artist fields to have just the album artist (wanting Elton John duets listed only under Elton John). When I update the library, nothing changes, I have moved artists from my music folder, cleaned library, updated library and still no change. What appears to be happening is if I had this song (Say Something - A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera) I change tags to A Great Big World, do the library clean/update thing, and things don't change. I have moved all music from my music folder and the library still lists the non-existent files. Hope I explained this ok. Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Have you gut much in your music library as it might be easier deleting your music database file and rescanning
That's want I've been forced to do. Fairly extensive library takes quite a while to update from scratch.
I have found that simply renaming the containing folder name sometimes helps, or remaining the files themselves. I'll add the year, or a dash or something benign, any change does it.

Although usually it is not necessary to do anything.
You're gonna need something like MP3TAG to clean up the tags in the music files.

Dig into your SETTINGS \ MUSIC \ LIBRARY and UNTICK "Include artists who appear only on compilations"

Now you should only be getting the main artist from the "AlbumArtist" field listed. If Kodi doesn't find an entry in "AlbumArtist" it checks "Artist" instead.

Also be aware that if you have Musicbrainz tags in your tracks then these can superseed everything leaving some confusing results. (So either strip those out, or make sure they are bang on)

Check section 7 here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_th..._File_tags
And how to disable Musicbrainz here: http://kodi.wiki/view/MusicBrainz_metadata
I forgot to add that I'm using the latest Isengard nightly and Windoz 7,if that matters.
I'm still on the official release of Helix and have my albums behaving in the way you are asking for based on tweaking a few of the files based on my post above. No idea about the next beta and would be surprised if much had changed on that side.
(2015-06-11, 17:50)BatterPudding Wrote: I'm still on the official release of Helix and have my albums behaving in the way you are asking for based on tweaking a few of the files based on my post above. No idea about the next beta and would be surprised if much had changed on that side.

Thanks for responding. I'm in the process now of removing the Musicbrainz tags. Have to see if that helps.
Look in the Settings \ Audio and you can tell KODI to ignore them. (Quicker than deleting them)
Settings -> Music -> Library -> Override song tags with online information (See FAQ in above post)

There is a long drawn out thread somewhere about some argument or other about the way multiple artists are handled. You are like me - don't care who the second singer is. Just want to see the artist who released the album as the artist the album gets listed under.
(2015-06-11, 18:23)BatterPudding Wrote: Look in the Settings \ Audio and you can tell KODI to ignore them. (Quicker than deleting them)

There is a long drawn out thread somewhere about some argument or other about the way multiple artists are handled. You are like me - don't care who the second singer is. Just want to see the artist who released the album as the artist the album gets listed under.

Not sure I'm following the Settings/Audio. I don't see where I can change things...unless I'm looking in the wrong place.Blush
Settings--Music--Library--Override tags with Online information
(2015-06-11, 18:44)whitebelly Wrote: Settings--Music--Library--Override tags with Online information

I believe this just gets stuff from online vs ignoring existing data.
1. Note that all album artists are added to the library as found in tags -- there is no "main" album artist.

2. Musicbrainz tags serve to drive the online scraping. In themselves they do not change what goes into the library, though an album artist with album artist MBID, and the same album artist (in a different file) without MBID (or with different MBID) will be considered as different artists.

3. "Prefer online information" (as Isengard calls it) will use the results of scraping to fill artist information, in particular the artist name, in the database.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Music Library0