Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
You do not want to open an iso in cinema mode.
Code is designed to recognize iso and open in classic mode.
Option to open in cinema mode is ONLY for file structure that is not in a container such as an iso.
Cinema mode is the only way to navigate titles that are file structure but it has it's downfalls.
Cinema mode introduces a .2 ms lag in audio that is awful during playback.
Cinema mode has no audio delay adjustment but classic does.
If you adjust the audio delay in your avr, then there will be .2 ms ahead audio that is awful for all other inputs like non-Blu-ray and TV.
Rip to iso to avoid all problems and use classic mode unless all your rips are file structure and avr settings are exclusive otherwise there will be audio delay conflicts among input devices and file types.
You can manually set the audio delay in your avr or ignore the offset every time you change inputs or file types but the point is to have everything automated and as simple as possible once everything is setup correctly.

I tried using the PDVD device as part of the blend in my Harmony setup. I deleted it and used a blend of the 3 devices I posted earlier. This blend works for Kodi and PDVD simultaneously and perfectly. I don't believe there is any navigation or playback control it fails to do including opening the PDVD config menu and navigating all the options during playback so one can choose audio, subs, etc. from the couch. If there are enough requests, I will post pics of the button assignments and devices used. I have been reluctant to do this because I'm using an outdated Harmony 900 and the current model is the Harmony One. I have no idea if the 2 are similar enough to use the same config? Fwiw, the "Stop" button indeed works and when pressed returns to PDVD Main menu. Mapping Alt + F4 closes PDVD and returns to Kodi in focus.

The only niggle I have at this time is .flv file types SOMETIMES like to open in PDVD instead of Kodi internal player. This is noticeable when selecting Play Trailer. PDVD does not play it and I wouldn't want it to anyway. .flv is not associated with PDVD. So I close PVDV, select Play Trailer again and it opens in Kodi as it should. I will test adding flv to dvdplayer code soon and maybe it will assign it and avoid PDVD. Same with .mov and .strm as you have pointed out.

You can try editing this line and report back. If it works for you, I will update the guide since I have no .strm or .mov files to test.

From this:
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi" player="dvdplayer"/>

To this:
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|strm|mov|flv" player="dvdplayer"/>

Fwiw, code updated recently changing lines with xbmc to kodi. Not mandatory to update.
Please star rate thread as you see fit.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D & 3D Guide Internal & External Players - by brazen1 - 2015-11-19, 18:25
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39