Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
(2018-02-08, 02:29)brazen1 Wrote: I am using the latest Windows v.1709.  I am able to turn the Windows HDR and advanced color switch on and off normally.  I don't think it's an O/S issue even though others commenting elsewhere say it is simply because mine works as intended and I'm not experiencing any loss of use.  I would bet dimes to dollars it is a GPU driver issue and nothing to do with Windows 10.

DVDFab player is opening but not playing the movie because I have not added code for it.  I would have to create a separate .bat with new code so it will mount and make additions to the playercorefactory.  I'm not going to do this until I've tested it and from your reports that may be in vain.  There was a new update for it today so I will wait for more knowing most of the kinks with it are worked out before using up my trial.  I'll also be relying on feedback of which I don't see much yet.  The best addition they could make imo is to build in an auto mount like PDVD does but if not I can.  The only side effect would be my way requires a permanent drive letter and PDVD only requires a temporary which to some like myself means a lot.  One nice benefit is my way is faster.

If you want to help out, use Nvidia driver 385.69.  That may get your Windows HDR manual switch working.  If it does, engage it, manually select your HDR.iso in Windows Explorer by right clicking and select open with DVDFab player.  If it only opens the player but doesn't mount or begin playback, close it and then:  Manually select your HDR.iso in Windows Explorer by double clicking it and let Windows auto mount it.  Then browse to BDMV folder and right click index.bdmv to open with DVDFab Player and see if it begins playback.
Thanks brazen1!

I added code to the playercorefactory.xml for DVDFab Player.  I am not using .iso, so I did not create a .bat.  I will try right clicking one of my mkvs and seeing if "Open with.." DVDFab Player works.  Obviously, if I open a file from within the app it does work.  I don't think I will go back to the older nVidia driver, since the Windows HDR switch is not really important to me.

I will also try the latest version of the player and see how it goes with that one.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - by bsoriano - 2018-02-08, 22:41
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39