Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
I can't think of any other ideas why you have all these problems?  For certain, PDVD has never unchecked its 'play 3D in 3D' for me no matter what drivers I've used throughout the years (and I've used them all) nor was the setting related to stereoscopic enabled/disabled in NCP.  In my experience, there is no way a GPU driver is ever going to affect PDVD's settings and take it upon itself to just start disabling settings.  It simply wouldn't function and probably throw a pop-up telling you why.  PDVD itself might be throwing a fit because something is very out of whack that has changed since its installation.  I use driver 385.69 at this moment and everything works as intended with no errors from any players or components (UHD HDR, SDR, 2D, 3D, etc.) and I'm certain that driver is fine, at least on my system.

I do remember months back there was a slew of driver problems after the 385.xx series.  Mainly, the nVidia 3D wizard failed with the exact errors you listed.  I rolled back to a driver version prior to 385.xx (don't remember the exact version but I listed the steps in this thread someplace I think), uninstalled that old driver, and then reinstalled 385.69.  This was because simply rolling back did not empty new registry values the new driver left.  (Residual entries).  It's been documented all over the place fwiw.  To avoid all the driver steps, you could try using this:  https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ and then installing whatever you want 'clean'.  Reboots between uninstalls and installs are also important to reset the registry before overwriting it again.  madshi even added 'enable nvidia 3d.reg' to help speed up the stereoscopic setup and avoid using the NCP at all.  I assume it relates to all players including PDVD since it's simply the reg entry to enable 3D bypassing the wizard steps.  This driver problem has since been fixed by nVidia and hasn't appeared again.  As I stated, I'm only avoiding new drivers and using 385.69 because of minor conflicts that are probably only inherent on my system and not necessarily others since I've only seen one other report that went unnoticed. 

I do not experience 2D in 3D using PDVD or any other player.  This was common a very long time ago but all the culprits were fixed.  When using modern hardware and software, there is no reason to use those old 2D and 3D .bats anymore.  That was from years ago prior to 4k when nothing was too smart, at least not smart enough to distinguish a 2D file from a 3D.  I get the feeling you are band aiding other wounds downstream instead of finding who is doing the harm upstream and eliminate it from causing domino wounding to healthy components.  If I was you or I was at your terminal diagnosing on-sight, I would back up (system image what you have now).  Then I would put a few troublesome files (HDR, 2D, 3D whatever) local on the desktop.  I would completely eliminate your NAS for the time being.  I would begin testing from Explorer and completely eliminate my code and unnecessary software like KODI and get everything ((((FULLY)))) functioning in its primal form.  If it doesn't work from Explorer, start uninstalling software like GPU drivers cleanly.  Perhaps player software will need to be reinstalled.  Clean the registry with CCleaner, etc.  Do whatever you need to do to get everything fully functioning as basic as possible, then build on it from there testing along the way until you figure out who that upstream culprit and then fix the culprit or eliminate/replace that culprit.  I think keeping the culprit and band aiding all the resulting harm it causes defeats the whole purpose.  I don't know what else to suggest other than to assure you, things do work proper and reliably.  I understand every environment is unique but it shouldn't be to the point nothing works and gremlins are changing software settings when you aren't looking.  Unless you know of another way to accomplish everything this guide presents, you may need to alter your environment.  If you ever figure out who that culprit hampering you is, perhaps it can be worked out without changing your environment?  I wish I could figure it out for you but alas, my attempts have failed.  At this point I can only confirm or deny finger pointing to that which I have experience with.  So far, the supposed culprits pointed out have done no harm on my system.  It's something else.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 21 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - by brazen1 - 2018-02-23, 23:44
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39