Keymapping for MINIX A2
Hi guys

I've got a MiniX A2 remote and I struggle to map the keys for good functionality in KODI.

I'll attach a picture that shows exactly what I'm trying to achieve.
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1AKD2...sp=sharing

Running Kodi 14.2 on windows.

Any suggestions?
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
Try use "keymap editor" addon, you can find it under official kodi repo in programs section.
Peppe
Thanks Peppe

However I cannot seem to map the key correctly with this either :/

As an example... I want one of the keys on the remote to send "i" or a command that gives the same responce in Kodi.
I want this for pulling up information about episodes or movies just like "i" does on a normal keyboard.

The problem is that even if I change it, the key is still not working. Im not sure if I'm required to change it under "global" or one of the other categories.

Has no one gotten this remote to work perfectly? And in that case... Is there a remote that works perfect with Kodi?
I've had the Motorola Pulse Eight remote for years and that works perfekt, however it's worn out and impossible to replace...

Any ideas?
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
but the button is recognized from the box? when you hint "i" inside "keymap editor" something happens?
the problem, i think, is not nor your remote nor kodi i suppose it is android.
try to map the "i" as keyboard keypress i made so on windows with eventghost.
i read something about android remote mapping on the kodi wiki, but i can't find again.

edit

here the wiki link
in helpful applications i read about "Multilanguage Keymap Redefiner" Remap keys on the Android level without having to use Kodi keymaps.
don't know if it works!
Peppe
I'm running Kodi on a windows machine. No Android in the picture.

If I use the qwerty keyboard on the back of the remote all the keys work as they should.

First of all I would need to know where to register the changes in Keymap Editor. I can choose between "global", "playback" and so on...

Ideally it would work by just selecting function in keymap editor and press the key I want on the remote. However, this is not working Wink

And again... I anyone know of a remote that works perfectly with Kodi, I don't care what it costs Wink That includes if anyone knows a place that can still deliver the Motorola Pulse Eight remote. The only remote I've ever seen that works perfectly out of the box.
sorry mate i have misunderstood reading MINIX A2 i thought to a sort of android box didn't realize it was the name of the remote.
i use eventgosth with my generic remote and all works. years ago i used this guide to sett all.
NodNod
Peppe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymapping for MINIX A20