It's back -- short DVD buzz on scene changes?
2 weeks of free time please Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok - i tried your download. I can't see that ac3 error in the log file and i have a hard time to hear any buzz/blipp. On 3.58 the video stops anyway with a black screen for a couple of seconds. Was I supposed to hear the blipp while video continues to play? Also are you using pass through or something like that?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Audio blip is at 3:46- on my 2 systems, it is unmistakenly noticeable. At 3:58 you will see video stop, which is expected (all of the later chapters have been blacked out)

The log file for this movie does not show an AC3 error, but audio decode error. I will email you the log file-
Your readme stated the blib is at 3:58 ... muhhh ... will try again this evening.
Could you film the blipp with a camera with the test movie - i am really unsure if i get the same behavior as you. I hear a blibb but its because the stream is just ending at that very moment and i get a frame decode error.
Nothing will show up on a video (no shutter, skip, etc). It is purely audio. Right after the vault door closes (while hovering mouse over windowed player, it is at 3:46), you should hear it loud and clear, unmistakable - At least on my system you do Smile

If you want, I can take the original movie and leave in Chapter 1 AND 2- but the file size will double.

I emailed the log file from the stripped movie playing on my system. I could also play the original unmodified version, and send you that log file as well.

Here is another thread on what appears to be the same issue:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146897
If you could do the chapter2 in addition i think it would be better. Because in your stripped down version ffmpeg is going nuts anyway because the chapter ends without having data for the next one. I want to prevent hunting for ghosts due to the strip down.

I know this is annoying and i want to tell you that even if i have a reproducable sample there is no guarantee that it will be fixed soon. But at least i will ping the right dev once i have a reproduction.

Thx for your patience.
We have faith, Memphiz- To quote Rob Schneider, "You can do it!"

I have uploaded a new version to Dropbox that contains both Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.
Anyone want to list some other movies that this happens on? I'm curious about it and want to test, but I don't really want to rent "The Last of the Mohicans" ;)
Taken 3 (between chapter 1 and 2, 11 and 12)
Exodus: Gods and Kings (don't remember which chapters)

Also - it may not appear between all chapters

I have a chopped down version available on dropbox if you want to PM me your email address. (it is about 600M)
Just to be clear on this issue, you did try to obtain another source (Netflix, Redbox, etc), and re-rip it, and see if the error is still there right? I have seen these errors (both sound and Video), because the source had issues (and\or the encryption on the DVD\BluRay was causing issues).
It happened on 2 separate copies of Taken 3. As I am reading the files straight from hard drive, the encryption has already been stripped, so that shouldn't be an issue. The catch is that the identical sources that have the problem in Kodi do not have the problem when played with Windows media player, or VLC.
We watched "The Pyramid" today, and the buzz between chapters was noticeable and repeatable.

.... What a terrible movie.
Ok with the latest taken3 sample i can here it now. Thx - will try to ping someone...
While that ticket that is mentioned in the first post of this thread suggests that the ticket was closed as "fixed" i don't see any confirmation of that. Is there any older Kodi/XBMC version that doesn't show that blibb? (could be XBMC 13.x or Kodi 14.x)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
It's back -- short DVD buzz on scene changes?1