It's back -- short DVD buzz on scene changes?
I kind of have this problem, on a smaller scale. I have a few DVDs to which I added dubbed audio tracks. The buzz can be heard on a few of those edited DVDs, only on chapter changes. I thought it had something to do with the added audio tracks but the problem is introduced when I multiplex the movie after having demultiplexed it to add the track (I use Muxman), even if I don't add anything. Just for the sake of testing, I took the audio tracks and converted them to wave files before multiplexing and the problem doesn't happen. It only happens with AC3 audio.

I extracted the main movie of a DVD, with just the original audio track. Plays fine. I demuxed it and remuxed it and the buzz can be heard. I have both copies sitting on my hard drive just in case you're interested. Once again, please note this doesn't happen with every movie.
Has anyone been doing any work on solving this ? It really is annoying . I can play the ISOs perfectly on a Dune player or other software , it just seems to be Kodi-specific .

~M~
Nobody has done work on this as (you might guess it) its a really non-trivial thing to examine.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just watched Jupiter Ascending & A Knights Tale with the family....noise is there at each chapter change. Same settings/options as Wanna & I originally.....full DVD rip, VOB files, no compression. Plays fine under Windows Media Player & VLC. Kodi (15.0) on Amazon Fire TV & Kodi (15.0) on Windows there is the noise. If I convert the VOB's to a single MP4 or MKV file using Handbrake, noise is gone. Really don't want to have to convert all of my videos.
I just played around a little with A Knight's Tale. Using Kodi, if I play directly from DVD, play from directly copying the VOB's onto the hard drive, or using a program like CloneDVD2 to rip the files to the hard drive, the sound always happens exactly at each chapter. But, once again, if using a program like Handbrake to create a single MP4 or MKV file (whether the option for Chapters is selected or not, and various audio codecs) the audio is fine.
I can also confirm that I can here a beep when playing original DVD's using the internal DVD Rom player. Using Kodi 15.2 Isengard – Release Candidate 1. But Kodi 15.1 had also these beeps. The beep occurs when changing chapters.

My system uses Windows 8.1
Video uses a HDMI cable connected to a TV.
Audi uses an optical spdif cable to a Yamaha receiver.
Last night I watched MI5 - Rogue Nation- The blips where noticeable during many of the chapter changes.

I just wanted to revisit this to see if there has been any update-

Thanks!
(2015-07-26, 23:03)Memphiz Wrote: Ok with the latest taken3 sample i can here it now. Thx - will try to ping someone...

@Memphiz could you provide the sample and instructions to reproduce?
@WannaTheater could you test with current master branch
Verified that blip occurs at 9:51 (During switch between Chapter 1 and 2)
Downloaded and installed kodi-16.0-Jarvis_beta4 with all default settings (not the nightly build)
Rebooted
Verified that blip still occurs at same location in Kodi 16.0-BETA4

I am running this on a standard Windows 7 Professional machine with speakers connected, no external audio equipment, etc.

Should I also test on nightly build?
(2015-12-27, 17:56)WannaTheater Wrote: Should I also test on nightly build?

Yes, please do so and post debug log.
Log Id: pil8y83re
Starting Kodi (16.0-BETA5 Git:20151226-2e38de3)

I am only interested in 17.0
Can do- but I can't find Windows installer for 17.0- Its not on Download page.
URL?
Seems we still build nighlies for 16.0.

I kicked off a new build. Not sure how long that will take because there are other builds in the queue. In the meantime could you test with this one?
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vdmenu.exe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
It's back -- short DVD buzz on scene changes?1