Is it possible to combine Live TV with IPTV?
Would using something like Lunatixz's PseudoLibrary addon to create strm files from video addon sources be an option? Although not in the correct m3u format for IPTV Simple, in theory someone could pull the address string from each strm file produced by PL, and compile them into one m3u file, correct? If so, anybody have any pointers? I've been googling how someone might do this for weeks w/o much success.
The format of an m3u file is pretty simple.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Absolutely. But where I can't seem to make it work is the initial pulling from the strm file, which I assume PL is making in ASCII format? Will any old ASCII to text converter work? I just started tinkering w/ the World News Live addon to start, but haven't had success getting IPTV to play it. I'd show you the strm format but I'm not at home at the moment. Hopefully this addon isn't one that uses tokens or regularly refreshed stream addresses. Maybe that's the problem I'm having instead?
(2015-06-29, 11:57)rlg6767 Wrote: DVBLogic (paid product) will do it. I currently have Freeview, FreeSatHD and an IPTV stream as channel 900 in the EPG.

Thanks for this. Your message encouraged me to dig out my old DVBLink subscription and have a look at it.
I managed to create a M3U file from all the Freeview and Freesat channels, which I will be able to import into IPTV Simple. Later on I'll add my IPTV links to the playlist.

One question, did your Freeview or Freesat channels become blocky and breakup when you played in IPTV Simple?

Thanks,
bb69
Where do you get IPTV sources from? I found some on YouTube but they were kind of convoluted instructions and then half the channels didn't work. Are IPTV channels really illegal and they get taken offline? I'm looking at those Wetek Openelec boxes and they have built in tuners and also advertise IPTV out of the box.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2015-07-08, 22:07)billybob69 Wrote:
(2015-06-29, 11:57)rlg6767 Wrote: DVBLogic (paid product) will do it. I currently have Freeview, FreeSatHD and an IPTV stream as channel 900 in the EPG.

Thanks for this. Your message encouraged me to dig out my old DVBLink subscription and have a look at it.
I managed to create a M3U file from all the Freeview and Freesat channels, which I will be able to import into IPTV Simple. Later on I'll add my IPTV links to the playlist.

One question, did your Freeview or Freesat channels become blocky and breakup when you played in IPTV Simple?

Thanks,
bb69

I'm very interested in how you got your sources. I have DVBLink too that I use with my OTA antenna and HDHomerun but I'd love to get more via IPTV but am not sure how to get that.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2015-07-10, 21:29)patseguin Wrote:

Thanks,
bb69

I'm very interested in how you got your sources. I have DVBLink too that I use with my OTA antenna and HDHomerun but I'd love to get more via IPTV but am not sure how to get that.

I don't think that this can be talked about on this forum. An internet search should be able to bring up loads of streaming playlists. But as you have already realised; the streams don't stay live for very long.

bb69
(2015-07-11, 12:13)billybob69 Wrote:
(2015-07-10, 21:29)patseguin Wrote:
(2015-07-08, 22:07)billybob69 Wrote: Thanks for this. Your message encouraged me to dig out my old DVBLink subscription and have a look at it.

Thanks,
bb69

OK understood, that answers my question actually. I wasn't sure if IPTV is actually a legal source or not.
I don't think that this can be talked about on this forum. An internet search should be able to bring up loads of streaming playlists. But as you have already realised; the streams don't stay live for very long.

bb69
I'd like to see this topic pursued further specifically with regards to adding IPTV (legal) channel streams to and existing Kodi PVR setup maybe somewhat analogous to DVR+ linear channels. Most of the topics on internet focus on obtaining premium channels but has anyone figured out how to add channels like CBSnews, RT news, NASA, Bloomberg, etc to an existing Kodi PVR such that the internet channels show up in the EPG along side local OTA channels? Seems like this should be possible by enabling the Simple IPTV PVR add-on but not having success in getting correct streams loaded.
For those with DVBLink, you can do everything in there. You will need the TV Source (for regular OTA channels) and IPTV modules for the DVBLink software. After you have set up your regular channels for DVB-T/T2/S/S2 etc you can then add IPTV channels through .M3U files. It's not overly straightforward but very doable.

In my setup, my IPTV channel is actually a webcam feed from my nursery, and appears as channel 900 in the EPG.

See here:
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php?title...ion_manual
https://knowledge.zomers.eu/dvblogic/Pag...Logic.aspx
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD

Thanks,
bb69

No need to use the IPTV simple client. I would use the DVBLink Kodi addon. Full guide integration, recordings and timers etc. Stream quality is as good as watching on a normal TV for both SD and HD channels.

Once you have channels setup within DVBLink, just install the DVBLink Kodi addon and point it to your DVBlink server from the config page. This will then automatically import all the channels with EPG etc.
To add multiple IPTV channels in DVBlink IPTV module do you use a playlist file which contains links for each channel or does each M3U file get entered individually? Also, with DVBlink IPTV module can you get EPG data like regular channels?
Whether or not to use IPTV Simple, or DVBlink, tvheadend or any other backend that can handle m3u files, a lot of us are still looking for a way to import video addon streams into our current OTA PVR setups. It would be great if a dev wanted to pick this idea up.

In the further research I've done, I've so far found a m3u playlist generator someone made for Filmon called Filmon Playlist Maker: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c0ct1a..._Maker.rar It doesn't look to be all that user friendly though, as Filmon uses tokens so you have to regularly re-run FPM, and I think you have to use it on the same machine as your Kodi setup, as the tokens are registered to your machine's IP. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but it might be worth a try for those who can't get the Filmon PVR addon to work. Maybe something like this could be modified for other video addons like the World News Live addon? (actually, looks like this program is standalone and doesn't pull from the Filmon addon at all.) But still even better would a program or service addon within Kodi, that you could specify which video addon you want to pull from, along w/ channel order, logos, xml file, etc to compile into a m3u playlist. Hoping someday someone w/ coding skills would like to try taking this kind of project on.
(2015-08-04, 21:27)brohawk Wrote: Whether or not to use IPTV Simple, or DVBlink, tvheadend or any other backend that can handle m3u files, a lot of us are still looking for a way to import video addon streams into our current OTA PVR setups. It would be great if a dev wanted to pick this idea up.

This is exactly what I'd like to do, have online streaming channels in the Kodi EPG alongside OTA/cable channels. I think it may be possible using Kodi IPTV PVR add-on although still unsure. A new Kodi add-on which could allow you to selectively add streams from existing installed add-ons into the EPG would be welcome
(2015-08-03, 18:35)DVRfun Wrote: I'd like to see this topic pursued further specifically with regards to adding IPTV (legal) channel streams to and existing Kodi PVR setup maybe somewhat analogous to DVR+ linear channels. Most of the topics on internet focus on obtaining premium channels but has anyone figured out how to add channels like CBSnews, RT news, NASA, Bloomberg, etc to an existing Kodi PVR such that the internet channels show up in the EPG along side local OTA channels? Seems like this should be possible by enabling the Simple IPTV PVR add-on but not having success in getting correct streams loaded.

I just tested this with the Bloomberg channel. You can add multiple entries to the same M3U file and they will show up as separate channels in DVBLink. In my instance I have a video camera feed from my nursery, and the Bloomberg IPTV feed in the same M3U file within the DVBLink playlist folder.

One issue I have found is that it is hard to find working legal IPTV stream links. Most of them seem broken.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to combine Live TV with IPTV?0