• 200(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
The custom list widget obviously got broken at some point, I've just got it working again on the skinshortcuts git. This is useful for a custom widget made of up anything that Skin Shortcuts lets you add as a menu item by default (one custom list per menu item). If you want things that Skin Shortcuts doesn't let you add by default, then try using Super Favourites as a widget.

The sort order for compact extended panel is working correctly for me.
(2016-01-11, 17:47)BobCratchett Wrote: The custom list widget obviously got broken at some point, I've just got it working again on the skinshortcuts git. This is useful for a custom widget made of up anything that Skin Shortcuts lets you add as a menu item by default (one custom list per menu item). If you want things that Skin Shortcuts doesn't let you add by default, then try using Super Favourites as a widget.

The sort order for compact extended panel is working correctly for me.

Thanks Bob! I had not tried custom lists until now. One thing I noticed is that in the panel info that appears when you select an item in the widget, the art for the item has the aspect ratio of a poster, which does not look good if the item is an addon, for example. The only art type I have as an option for custom list is square poster, is this correct? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: I just saw in GitHub that you fixed the art in the info panel, thanks Bob! Working fine now.
back to trying to solve this problem.

when i go to skin settings - customizers - general main menu settings

under the isengard version of this skin i have listed right above widgets:add-on settings a listing for smart playlists where you have to then select the playlist

in the jarvis version i have nothing in this window about smart playlists at all. i'm not sure if there is an addon i am missing or something to have it or what. i've created a playlist already and i'm told in the help line item of skin settings that i have the script.playlists addon installed needed for smart playlists.

i only want this settings so that i can enable backgrounds/cases to sort via a playlist like i do on isengard version of this skin.

EDIT - ok i figured this out in the playlists section there is a smart playlists manager which works as well.

another problem that i am having. if you go to skin settings customizer - main menu customizer. if you go to set a custom label when you go to choose type it brings up a big menu that includes favorites. however, if you select favorites there is no menu section that pops up to let you create a shortcut to a particular favorite you have already set. for instance on the android version i have the netflix app in my favorites, and you can launch android apps from inside kodi. but when you select favorites to make the custom menu item no window pops up to select a specific favorite.

any help is appreciated, thanks
Trying to setup menus using this skin. Jarvis beta 4. window 10 PC.

It will not allow me to add items that ive saved as favourite to be used in the submenu. When i click on choose type then select favourite id have thought a menu would pop open which shows my favourited items so can pick one. but nope, nothing happens.
There are to favorite options, one point to the favorites the other let you select one of the favourite's.

If you miss the second one you miss an add-on. Not sure about the name, can't take a look I'm at work, its something like scrip.skin.favourite's

Edit: forgot I have a backup on the nas...its script.favourite
meowmoo. thanks thats fixed it. strange as most skins ive installed seem to have this script installed so it was a 1st for me
NEED SOME HELP FROM "OPENELEC / LINUX / RASPERRY PI" USERS

this is for all madnox user out there who use madnox with a Openelec/linux/pi(2) System ( or maybe someone who know a solution for this problem too ^^ )

Situation:
Rasperry Pi2 with Openelec (milhouse 04.12 - last jarvis build)
Network over cable ( no wlan ! )
Database: MySQL Database ( ~1000 movies, ~200tvshows )
NFS Shares
Skin: Madnox

System is running realy nice except this...
Problem:
When i start Openelec/Kodi and want to open a library ( tvseries,movies,programs,data ...) it took over 12 seconds before i see the content !
> means i click on a menu option, lets say tvseries (its a playlist - test also normal series menu option) - the screen goes black for 12-14 seconds and then i see the tvseries - navigation is smooth and fast
when i go back i am direct on main menu again - when i go direct to tvseries again it just took 2-3 seconds max
when i go to another library it took again 12-14 seconds - back to menu and to library again - 2-3 seconds

after a while it took again 12-14 seconds on any attempt to open a library
its also when i try to open my programs - so i think its not because of bad playlists

When i test Confluence or Silvo Mod the libs open within 1-2 seconds MAX every time - so it cant be a hardware/Network problem

here is a Logfile from the moment i click on the tvseries menu: LOGFILE
you can see >>> keystroke at 17:04:21 ... saw something at ~17:04:35/36

maybe someone had this problem before and found a solution... i cant see anything realy bad on that logfile...
if i can fix this problem, i would be xtreme happy with this lill RaspPi2 ( can play full HD 3D MVC Movies = FTAB and not HTAB !!! )

THX in advance for any help Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
@schimi Have you tried troubleshooting by removing some addons to see if things improve like script.skin.helper.service and service.skin.widgets?
A Friend if mine is a pi user. And it's exactly the same with madnox, never testet another skin...so I though is just da pi power...

Just a blind guess, play around with <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions in advancedsettings.XML its how the gfx get rendert many it help,

Another guess, Silvio use texture.xps? File maby that's the reason
(2016-01-12, 20:27)mikesilvo164 Wrote: @schimi Have you tried troubleshooting by removing some addons to see if things improve like script.skin.helper.service and service.skin.widgets?

(2016-01-12, 20:27)meowmoo Wrote: A Friend if mine is a pi user. And it's exactly the same with madnox, never testet another skin...so I though is just da pi power...

Just a blind guess, play around with <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions in advancedsettings.XML its how the gfx get rendert many it help,

Another guess, Silvio use texture.xps? File maby that's the reason

i just want to ask before i start to play around so much, because i am realy busy atm Sad
i already change all backrounds to "NON-PROGRESSIVE JPGS", but that wasnt the problem ( will change the actual one with the new one one next pr )
and i dont think its the power of the pi meowmoo, because the rest of navigation is realy nice and smooth here - and on second time its opening normaly in 2-3 seconds

but i will try your tips ( will disable some addons and will make a texture.xps file )

thx guys Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

(2016-01-12, 20:40)schimi2k Wrote: i just want to ask before i start to play around so much, because i am realy busy atm Sad
i already change all backrounds to "NON-PROGRESSIVE JPGS", but that wasnt the problem ( will change the actual one with the new one one next pr )
and i dont think its the power of the pi meowmoo, because the rest of navigation is realy nice and smooth here - and on second time its opening normaly in 2-3 seconds

but i will try your tips ( will disable some addons and will make a texture.xps file )

thx guys Smile
In your log i see
Code:
GetSongsByWhere() - took 22250 ms
which is a little over 20 seconds... I think that may be service.skin.widgets related but I am not 100% sure
I also saw that, Mike S.

Schimi, can you try working without music added to your library to see if that helps? Is your music library very large? I know mine is (Over 150,000 songs), so I am not using music in Kodi at all (and I use Windows!).

Regards,

Bart
I can upload the Textures.xbt file (from the skinshortcuts branch, but that will include all the files in the standard branch) if thats of use to you.
Ok...results so far:
Delete addons
Disable music db in as - so no music is loaded
Check all settings - no metadata is loaded from files
Result= no fix Sad well, this 20sec music entry is gone

But i noticed this line all the time:

INFO: Loading skin file: MyVideoNav.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY

After this line i get this immense timeloop... What does it mean, and is it maybe changeable?

Thx sir bob for your offer, but i will try tomorrow again (first try ends with errors, but i dont have enough time to test again)

• 200(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39