• 437(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Why after a new build and fresh install of the latest Kodi and Madnox has the naming protocol changed again ? Do I really have to change 'logo' to 'clearlogo' and 'disc' to 'discart' AGAIN ? With 2000 movies and Christ knows how many tv series I'm hoping some genius here can help to not have to ? AGAIN ! HELP Huh?
Fanart.TV Mod
A find and rename batch script, does this easily.

ren "logo.png" "clearlogo.png"
ren "disc.png" "discart'.png"
(2017-12-11, 14:51)zorg2000k Wrote: A find and rename batch script, does this easily.

ren "logo.png" "clearlogo.png"
ren "disc.png" "discart'.png"
 Thanks but where will I find them?
Fanart.TV Mod
sorted logo but having trouble with discart - disc using notepad++
Fanart.TV Mod
(2017-12-01, 14:22)Slipass Wrote: Can anyone say if the project Madnox will continue for Kodi Leia?

(2017-12-04, 22:41)NiffStipples Wrote: Okay guys, let's face the truth - i think there won't be any updates for this skin nor any real support. So i think the project is more or less dead?

(2017-12-07, 07:39)guandms Wrote: mikeSiLVO and everyone else, please keep this skin alive !!!
I can't find any other skin that comes close to this !!!
I love  !!! 
P.S - you can try to update it a little bit for bugs and stuff Smile

Hi all,

Just an update on the future of this skin. We have been progressing for new 100% re-coded skin for Kodi Leia. It won't be exactly the the same Madnox as you once new.

You can follow the progress here;
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325359
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Hmmm...

I posted in this thread to try and help the current users of MadNox. The ones posting for help and updates for many months now with no response whatsoever.

I knew about this rewrite and current WIP skin but thought since no one was responding here that I would be nice and try to keep things alive until the powers that be wanted to share what they have been working on.

It must be a coincidence that someone posted about this WIP skin just 5 whole days after I decided to post in this thread.

Ok guys I get it...

Delete the repo, make a post after I do trying to diminish my offer to help users, and don't even say anything to me at all... I can take a hint.

This is now Mr. V's skin and I am no longer wanted in any capacity so I shall leave you guys to your work.

Really bummed that you decided to act like I was trying to undercut things, if only... You know what I don't think I care anymore.

Just wish you would've handled it better than whatever this was, anyway message is heard loud and clear Sad
Hello Everyone, Michael here.

Ok, lets try and sort this out with what has gone on and firstly I'd like to apologize to Mr. Magician. Mike I don't believe anything bad was intended with regards to the announcement of the way Madnox is going for Leia with the complete re-build and changing from what the current skin offers. Please don't think there was any disrespect in that, I just think it was a matter of bad timing. But please PM me my friend if you would like to talk more about it.

Right, a status update and some background on why Madnox is in the state it is now.

Background first,

I basically had on of the worst years of my life in 2015-16 with first losing our good fried and my skinning partner Schimi2k and then losing my Mother. I unfortunately have slipped to a very dark and depressing place where motivation just basically doesn't exist. Add into this that I felt the skinning was getting nothing but negative comments, the last big update the 2 of us did before Schimi2k passed away was the boxsets for Kodiflix and other things. We got basically no positive comments on it and the standard negative comments that just always seem to exist. We were both pretty annoyed with the way things seem to constantly be going with the skin no matter what we attempted to fix or add to it. Please note I've been skinning for maybe 3 years now in total time but around 18-24 months in actual learning / work and I'm still a noob, I just do what I can in a way I can that seems to work, if it is the right skinning way then probably not but I was just trying to improve / keep alive one of the most community friendly skins available.

I did try to continue after what happened until earlier this year, one main problem I had is could no longer get motivated and come up with new ideas / improvements for Madnox and as such began to lost interest in Madnox!

Current Status,

As you'll now know from the background, basically I have little to no motivation in life let alone working on a skin that just seems to create more stress and depression. Yes this is probably not the actual situation but generally that is how it feels. So due to all of this I basically walked away from Madnox and to be honest that actually hurt a lot to do as I loved what I was trying to do.

With regards to the skin, the current version of Madnox does have a WIP process Leia solution that MikeSilvo recently re-informed everyone about and then there are plans to re-write from the ground up as apparently Madnox is based on code that is so old, and don't forget managed by me ;-), that the code isn't very good and actually crap. So Mr. V had the idea to re-write from the ground up using last skinning techniques etc. etc. to make it more efficient and better for the future. Unfortunately this is taking a long time, as you'd expect really given what Madnox tries to offer to the user, and at the moment has no real time frame for when it may become available.

Again, I'm sorry to MikeSilvo for what's happened mainly due to me walking away and nothing more. It's all my fault and everyone else has only ever been doing what they can to help us maintain this old war horse. As always I'm very thankfully of the friendships made while being owner of Madnox and the help those individuals are always willing to offer. They don't know how much it means.

So, with all this you could easily come to the conclusion the skin is dead as I don't respond to posts anymore and I haven't worked on it for while. To the users I apologize for this as I know some of you via chatting in PMs and I have an idea what Madnox means to some of you and doing what I did was wrong but Real Life can be a bitch sometimes you know.

So the future,

Well I'm not sure, I'm involved with the Madnox re-write but that is Mr. V's baby and he is owner, which before anyone starts saying anything, is all completely agreed and fine. Something needs to happen like is happening to give full longevity to Madnox.

But, right now I'm very close to coming back to skinning and the existing Madnox, I'm thinking that I want to continue myself with the existing Code and keep this edition of Madnox alive, but if that happens is another thing right now as I've got to find the motivation to start and to continue with it! I'll take a look at our WIP Leia verions that we already have and look at just dealing with any missing Leia changes to start with perhaps?

So to cap all this waffling of, Madnox isn't quite dead and will have a future. If I'm involved with that isn't 100% right now but I'll give it a go and see what happens, right now that's all  I can really do!

I'd like to thank everyone who has ever used Madnox and enjoyed using it, It was great fun to do it at one point and might be again in the future.

Finally, best wishes to everyone at this time of the year.

Regards,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Sorry to hear the things going on and hope you find the help yi8ppy need to get through your troubling times. You have to take care of you b4 anything else and that's all that matters. If you come back you come back , but b4 you do you have to be ok. , all this is to say get better

Sent from my SM-N950U
Hi, i use madnox with the new libreelec but i have no "libreelec settings" in the system menu.
I need the libreelec settings to config my network etc.

Is it possible to activate it?
(2017-12-13, 10:21)Slipass Wrote: Hi, i use madnox with the new libreelec but i have no "libreelec settings" in the system menu.

The Libreelec info should be located in the add-ons. 
If somehow you're missing it still, go to add-ons/repository and see if you see libreelec.
mikeSiLVO & Mike_Doc 
I don't think the majority of users realize that many of the skins and add-ons are unpaid passion projects. Often updates become more "expected" than "appreciated."

That said, you gotta take care of yourself. Don't stress about what others think. If what you do makes you feel good, then do it. If it stresses you out, then stop. 

Every time I use this thing, it blows my mind how great it is.
Mike you have nothing to apologise for.

I want to thank you for all that you have done tot he skin.. The trailer mod for kodiflex was one of the best things to have been done to a skin and you was able to do it so quickly.

I agree with the above, in much the same way people complain about KODI itself, people have to remember that  everything you do, you do for free and you also have a life (sorry to hear things have not been good) and life has to come first always.

I personally hope that you do find the motivation to return, as you can see your absense has been gone unnoticed and I am sure lots of people will be very eager for you to return.
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

(2017-12-16, 04:37)McButton Wrote:
(2017-12-13, 10:21)Slipass Wrote: Hi, i use madnox with the new libreelec but i have no "libreelec settings" in the system menu.

The Libreelec info should be located in the add-ons. 
If somehow you're missing it still, go to add-ons/repository and see if you see libreelec.

Thanks McButton,

But i mean this menu point:
Hi all. I have attempted to accomplish this on my own but have been unsuccessful. I use the low profile library view with madnox and am not fond of how movies will launch in a small window which I subsequently have to hit tab to go full screen. I would prefer all videos launch in full screen. I attempted to edit playercontrols.xml line 43-44 to be the width and height of my fullscreen resolution (3840x2160). After saving and relaunching kodi it worked on the first movie launched. But now I get a lot of undesired behavior. Is there a better way to approach this? I would also prefer true fullscreen for dsplayer and madvr for exclusive mode not just resizing a windowed view. Please advise.
Hi,

I've got a problem with logos for movies and series. I hve kodi 17.6 installed and Madnox skin, artwork downloader is configured to dowload all artwork (including logo) for movies and series.
In showcase view I enabled show logo.png instead of title but the logos still don't show up?

Posters, discart and background are shown but where are they stored? When I go to the movies folder on my drive I don't see poster.jpg or discart.jpg or any fanart??

Also when I context menu a movie and select artwork downloader:manual  I used to have the function to select what art I  want for discart, poster,... but not anymore?
  • 437(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39