• 443(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Hey Mike,

i the Leia Version there is no info panel in the showcase view. Is that how it should be?

It works in Kodi 17 but here is the problem with the logos.

Thanks Mike
(2018-01-26, 09:53)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I am glad you posted, @M. V! (I really do not know how to make usernames with spaces work with the new notification system, so I hope it is working...).

You really have done a superb job, not only with the MadNox rewrite but the widgets you have spent so much time on for both Aeon MadNox and SiLVO.

You did what you should not have had to even consider doing which was to apologize to me for how I perceived things. I am truly sorry for that, I am an asshole Sad.

While I try my best not to be, I often fail at that endeavor.

I agree with your assessment:
"The suspects i believe are (a big list), string compares, color picker, duplicate textures, variables with in variables within variables ect. , includes within includes within includes ect. , too many visibility conditions, too many animations, too may scripts pulling info from the web, bloated fonts, bloated localized strings and too big textures, hence the 300mb+ skin size. This pretty much sums up the whole skin from a coding perspective."

Tracing all that is such a pain in the ass-cheek... my goal is to work on what is here now to perhaps give you a better "framework" to (maybe?) add to the base skin. Just cause it exists in Aeon MadNox does not mean you should consider adding it. Aeon MadNox may continue but MadNox is and will be the future.

Seriously, I would use what you got now. I don't care about all the extra stuff but that may just be me Wink.

I plan to continue working on Aeon MadNox and keep it updated for the foreseeable future. I will gladly work on what you want me too as well but I need you to be OK with telling me what to do. I have no desire to be in charge or lead the way, so feel free to boss me around, slap me like a child, and give me something to work on Nod Cool.

If you gonna slap me though, at least give me something to do first Tongue 
@mikeSiLVO
I am subscribed to this thread so i see notification in my email if i am on my pc. If i am not at my pc my email client sends the emails to junk a pain as i miss stuff some stuff.

There is a big difference between being an ass and passionate about something. You are certainly passionate about Kodi and skinning and are definitely Not an asshole.

If you look at xbmc 9 and the original aeon it has an over abundance of includes. You can see as each version of aeon was made most of these includes were kept and variables were not a thing back then. The skin was built upon the foundation of a very early version of Kodi. Over the years it been updated to work with each version of kodi but the core of the skin hasn't kept up with the efficiency's of the skinning engine. So it yeah i agree it is a pain to tidy everything up.

Any help you can give will be great. I have a nice xml sheet tracking my progress that i havn't put on git yet. There are a numerous things that need to be done before i can let your self and others let loose on the code. So it will be when every xml is coded and working minus all the views and widgets. At that point it will be a complete foundation for everyone to work and expand upon.

I wont be slapping i will crack the whip. Lol Smile
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2018-01-26, 09:21)Slipass Wrote: Thank you, Mr. V, I would be happy to test your version.
I am waiting for the link in the forum: D

You're absolutely right. Madnox has a lot of graphics and animations but I think that's what Madnox is all about.

I'm curious to see how your version of madnox looks like.

@Mr. V Mr. 
You already told me that you are open for feedback and "new" features?
Would it be interesting for you if I posted my must-have features from Madnox here?
Maybe it is possible to include them in your version?

I just need only a handful of Madnox features in the current version.
As far as I'm concerned, you can deactivate everything else. But this certainly does not apply to other Madnox users. They have reconfigured the skin and love these very personal settings. Its not easy Smile 
@Slipass
Feature requests are welcome.

Be as detailed as you like and i will see what possibly could be done. I did notice you already posted, if you have more ideas go for it.

Best to post in the WIP forums, In my signature link.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2018-01-24, 17:28)bobrap Wrote: Tried a new fresh Leia 64bit nightly. Installed Madnox from https://github.com/mikesilvo164/skin.aeon.madnox.git. Installed all the addons listed in the skin help section. Using the tri-panel view (I almost exclusively use low list and tri-panel), the panel that shows movie info is not there for movie sets. I tried a couple other views, fanart list for one, and the movie/movieset info appears. What else can I provide you with and I really appreciate you remembering my little "problem". Thanks. Here's a log if it might help. Thanks, again.
This should be fixed now with latest Leia version...

(2018-01-26, 12:39)Slipass Wrote: i @mikeSiLVO

a little Bug in the Leia Version:

I get no infomration about the video source.
Should also be fixed with latest version...

(2018-01-26, 16:42)Eisi2005 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO

first let me say thanks for your work at the current leia version and for your help.

I have a problem with the latest milhouse build from last night and the latest git version from madnox for leia.

I have enable Alphabet scrollbar. When i start kodi and enter my movies and then press down i get an blank bar (see screenshot1). After 10-20 seconds press down afgain i have the scrollbar (see screenshot2). When i then select as example the "m" letter, a white marker flash from "L" to "M" to "N" and back like a flashlight. But i dont jump to this letter. Is there anything i make wrong or is it a bug.

Logfile

If i press twice down i get this scrollbar.

In Kodi 17 i could now scroll fast through my complete library. In Kodi 18 i could only scroll fast through one letter ? Ok Update: I have found the solution , if i disable show scroll letter i could scroll fast through my library.

Last question, i could not find the settings to active live background in sets
Thanks
Any script issues like alphabet scroll-bar is last on my list cause I may just try to convince Mike_Doc to remove it if it is not working correctly but thanks for the detailed info cause it may help track down the cause. I have no idea if there is a current setting in MadNox for Live Set Backgrounds... @ All is it an option and where is/was it located?

(2018-01-27, 05:33)shaktoo Wrote: Dear Mike & Doc,
Have you stopped all updates for Krypton branch ?
I can see that Leia has been mantained but due to many reasons I choose not to have Leia as my daily go to , But I really miss the updates in krypton version of madnox.
is it possible to keep it updated as well until Kodi 18 is officially released and all bugs kinked out ?
Cheers !
I have stopped. I will only update for Leia on MadNox cause I just cannot work on that many skin versions... I do not speak for anyone else but I really can't do it... Sad

(2018-01-28, 13:35)Slipass Wrote: Hey Mike,

i the Leia Version there is no info panel in the showcase view. Is that how it should be?

It works in Kodi 17 but here is the problem with the logos.

Thanks Mike
I see an InfoPanel for ShowCase... Huh

(2018-01-30, 02:01)Mr. V Wrote: @mikeSiLVO
I am subscribed to this thread so i see notification in my email if i am on my pc. If i am not at my pc my email client sends the emails to junk a pain as i miss stuff some stuff.

There is a big difference between being an ass and passionate about something. You are certainly passionate about Kodi and skinning and are definitely Not an asshole.

If you look at xbmc 9 and the original aeon it has an over abundance of includes. You can see as each version of aeon was made most of these includes were kept and variables were not a thing back then. The skin was built upon the foundation of a very early version of Kodi. Over the years it been updated to work with each version of kodi but the core of the skin hasn't kept up with the efficiency's of the skinning engine. So it yeah i agree it is a pain to tidy everything up.

Any help you can give will be great. I have a nice xml sheet tracking my progress that i havn't put on git yet. There are a numerous things that need to be done before i can let your self and others let loose on the code. So it will be when every xml is coded and working minus all the views and widgets. At that point it will be a complete foundation for everyone to work and expand upon.

I wont be slapping i will crack the whip. Lol Smile
I can def be an asshole though, try not to be but sh*t happens Confused
Crack the whip, I can take it Tongue Nod Cool
@mikeSiLVO

thanks for your answer.

I can confirm what Slipass says. I also have no infopanel in showcase view when i see a set, only sets didn´t have an infopanel. All other single movies have a infopanel.

Greet
(2018-02-01, 09:39)Eisi2005 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO

thanks for your answer.

I can confirm what Slipass says. I also have no infopanel in showcase view when i see a set, only sets didn´t have an infopanel. All other single movies have a infopanel.

Greet

YEAH, OK. I CAN SEE THIS ISSUE TOO. I DID NOT NOTICE IT CAUSE THIS IS THE FIRST I AM HEARING THAT IT IS FOR SETS ONLY. I DON'T USE SETS ANYMORE SO I WOULD NEVER HAVE NOTICED IT. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS 9900 BUTTON AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE IT WAS SO I HAVE BEEN REMOVING IT AND THAT MAY CAUSE OTHER ISSUES LIKE WITH PARENT FOLDERS BUT I WILL FIX IT. I WILL PUSH an update in the next day or two... Stupid keyboard with caps lock! Angry I will not be retyping all of that, sorry...
Thanks for your fast answer.

Thanks
Hi Mike.  Another request, if I may.

This is the Tri-panel view from Madnox

This the Tri-panel view from Aeon.Nox.SiLVO

Would it be possible have the same info shown in Madnox that is displayed in NoxSilvo?  I.E., add "extended collection information" to Madnox.  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Hi Mike,

i have a problem with the new construct from the artwork tools -> for example the artwork beef.

It dont create a subfolder thats named "extrathumb" so i got no thumbs for movies in the showcase view info table.
When i create a folder, i can show the thumbs.

With Thumbfolder

Is it possible to update also the aeon madnox for krypton? Only for this problem?
Update for what?

I use extrathumbs folder so this won't be changed. Put your images in the required folder.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
First I want to say trhanks for already creating a fuctional Leia Version. I use Leia some weeks now and the Madnox build form the mikesilvio164 Leia repo. So far Leia itself works very stable (better then Krypton) and also Madnox works pretty good. What I realy miss are the Logos for the music artists. While I have for each Artist a logo as file in the Artist folder, the logo only appear if Kodi find it online. With Krypton and older Madnox simply use the offline logo file per Artist and use it. 
Is this a common problem or am I just to stupid to do the right settings Smile
KODI 19 Matrix RC 1
Intel® DZ87KLT-75K with I5 4670 Haswell CPU
DD Cine S2 6.5 | DVD viewer | Silverstone SST-LC16B-M
(2018-03-10, 21:06)Mike_Doc Wrote: Update for what?

I use extrathumbs folder so this won't be changed. Put your images in the required folder.
 The problem was, that the folder "extrathumb" doesnt not create anymore. 
But i found the solution. 
In the new beta Version of Artworkdownloader i can inside a API Key. With this API Key i get the extrathumb folder.
(2018-03-11, 23:39)Slipass Wrote:  The problem was, that the folder "extrathumb" doesnt not create anymore. 
In the new beta Version of Artworkdownloader i can inside a API Key. With this API Key i get the extrathumb folder. 
New beta version of Artworkdownloader......Where?
(2018-03-12, 00:05)Dumyat Wrote:
(2018-03-11, 23:39)Slipass Wrote:  The problem was, that the folder "extrathumb" doesnt not create anymore. 

It is not an official version:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2676059
(2018-03-12, 08:00)Slipass Wrote:
(2018-03-12, 00:05)Dumyat Wrote:

It is not an official version:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2676059 
Thanks. I will take a look.
Couldn't find it because it was hidden a couple of pages back.... Smile
  • 443(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39