Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS AND HINTS TO MAKE YOUR MADNOX GO FULLY INSANE
( This is a quote from a Team Member - not my idea ...( or how i call it... " a lot of work, that nobody reads anyway Wink ))

This is a small Guide for beginners who want to run MADNOX on their Kodi.
This is how i do a fresh and clean KODI - MADNOX setup ! ( I am using Windows 10 OS - other windows System working the same way )
I dont wanna say that all steps i make are perfect or realy needed, or the best way to do it, but this is the way i do (basicly), and everything is working realy nice here
( I dont use the PVR Functions, or any Picture things and i dont make a 100% "step-by-step Manual for dummys" )

Most Important for ALL Skins and for KODI is a good Movie/TVShow Structure of your collection - if u dont have the right names/structure in your collection u will get always problems with it - its realy important to take a look at the "KODI wiki" before u start with KODI - i ve learned it the hard way, and i cant count how often i change/update my collection
>>> KODI WIKI <<<
You should use a MediaManager like "Mediaelch", "EmberMediaManager" or any other tool.
Check this Area for some:>>> MediaManager <<<

This Post(s) are WIP and i will Update it from time to time when its necessary - When you found a Mistake, some helpful other infos or questions, please send me a PM !!! i will Add it to my 101 posts ( to keep it a clean )
If u dont use Windows OS, u need to check >>> HERE <<< what paths your OS is using - for Linux the .kodi folder is invisible - u need to make it visible first, before u can add/edit the files inside ( check google how u do it )

okay lets START...

WHAT YOU NEED:

skin.aeon.madnox

The Latest Version of the "MADNOX" Skin from first Post >>> MADNOX <<<

MY BASIC STEPS:

01. Install Kodi ( and all wanted adjustments like advancedsettings.xml,sources... etc )

02. Copy "skin.aeon.madnox" to >>> C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons
( for *-ELEC users: storage/.kodi/addons/ >>> the ".kodi" folder is invisible ! you need to make it visible first - try to use "WinSCP" tool to tansfer and click on the invisible text at the bottom )

03. Copy all needed playlists to >>> C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\ >>> either video\music\mixed
you can find the needed top250 and Oscar playlists inside the extra folder: skin.aeon.madnox\extras\Playlists\video

04. Start KODI

05. Configure KODI ( - settings= Expert >>> Language, Video, Audio , Network ... etc)

06. Choose MADNOX Skin

07. Configure MADNOX

08. Install all needed Addons listed on "HELP"-Page in Skin Settings

09. Configure all ADDONS ! ( most of the People forget this - some addons needs special paths, logins or something like that )

GENERAL:
Standard settings ... important here is the "Enable Backend Mode" if u want the "Movieset case Mod"
>>> Not needed anymore with MADNOX 0.9.0 RC-1 and after !!!

CUSTOMIZERS: >>> !!! CHANGED IN MADNOX 0.9.0 RC-1 !!! - Check special RC-1 Tipps >>> HERE <<<

Most of the Settings here are for the Optics and Colors u want - important settings here is to set the paths to the wanted icons in "Customize Icons"
- under General Settings u can configure the Playlists in "Smartplaylist Manager" - if u dont see your playlists here, u dont have the Addons needed
(script.randomandlastitems and script.playlists) u should see your playlists directly > no need to search for them when u have them inside your playlistfolder
>>> Not needed anymore with MADNOX 0.9.0 RC-1 and after !!!

- In Main menu item customizer u configure your main menu - u can choose what items u want, widgets, backrounds etc...

HELP:
you can see here if some needed addon is missing
( most of them can be installed when you click on the missing one after MadNox Jarvis RC-1 - see new helpscreens !!! )

PATHS:
set the Path to your Music Library if u want "Fanart" for music artists etc and select your music Structure

10. Add your sources and scrape your content - I scrape all of my Stuff outside of KODI with a MediaManager ( Movies, TV-Shows and Audio ! )
- thats why i need to choose the LocalScraper for it (else u need to choose the online Scraper of your choice inside KODI )

11. if u want to have the nice movieset effect ( animated open movieset Case ) u need to go to >>>
Movies > choose Showcase View > Viewtype Setting > BD/DVD Cases > activate Show CD Art > activate Showcase Mod > activate No case for movieset >
activate Open Set as Boxcase ... if u want u can activate the Big Covers and Open Case if u want to have them
- If u want to have movieset Logos and special backrounds for Moviesets you should use "Movieset Artwork Automator" Addon
( Check my Tutorials >>> HERE <<< )

12. Have fun with Kodi

Next Post some FAQs...

( PS: English isnt my native Language - so sorry for every typo or wrong grammar i use here - THX )
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:08
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:08
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:09
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:09
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:10
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:10
MADNOX HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS AND HINTS - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:11
MADNOX FAQ - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:11
MADNOX HELP - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:12
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:12