• 76(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2015-08-08, 10:31)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 10:23)Namoi Wrote: Just a suggestion about this issue. Could you try texture maintenance cache utility on that particular show only with the C parameter (capital C), but only for this show as it will remove the cached thumbs and force recache them without the pain of deleting the cache folder and database.

i think i should take another look into this texture maintenance cache utility ...

I would like to use that as well, but tried once and failed badly, even installed python and couldn't get it to run on windows. Too complicated for me it seems Tongue

(2015-08-08, 10:37)Xander Log Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 14:09)Xander Log Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 13:53)Mike_Doc Wrote: Not sure there's a default time, could be be but never seen it. I think it is more the black screen because Kodi is still loading?. But shall have a look around and see if there is anything that can be done to startup,

Million thanks for your answer Smile

I thought just that, but if I press escape or enter key in the moment the video ends, the kodi's gui loads instantly. If I don't press any of those keys I have to wait like 6 seconds until the gui loads.

So if I'm not wrong, the time with blank screen is not loading, but wait time.

Regarsd

Anyone has some idea about this?

Many thanks

Not yet, might have seen something in the startup that I hope to test soon.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-08-08, 10:56)Mike_Doc Wrote: I would like to use that as well, but tried once and failed badly, even installed python and couldn't get it to run on windows. Too complicated for me it seems Tongue

Rofl yeah sure... i can teach you young padavan if you take a small break Wink its recache all my tvshow images right now... ~25minutes left... when i still have my images left i will send you a pm XD
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Guys, if you have issues with season posters there can only be a few reasons why...

The variable I posted works on Isengard only and in all cases where the season poster is in your database. That means you must activate season posters and run Artwork Downloader on each Kodi machine.

If you do not see Season posters after running AD then it may be a cache problem... The cache has a background task that runs when it feels like it (sort of) and re caches artwork when it notices a change which could take days. That is why it can sometimes take awhile for changes to populate. Deleting the cache and thumbnail folder make the cache rebuild for some items quickly and others when you navigate to a spot that tries to display it. and the rest when the background task runs. The Texturecache utility if used correctly updates the cache for all artwork in the DB when you trigger the command to do so, therefore bypassing the background task.

If you have tried all of the above then there is possibly a skin code problem, unfortunately the hack used to display season posters was necessary to have them on certain levels cause the INFO label to display it did not work and a new one was added for Isengard. That original hack led to another one listposterbackupvar and that or something else could be causing issues. If you have a view that does not work then you need to specify that view and I will look through the code and see if I can find out why and possibly make a PR for mike to merge.

Just to be clear if your system is correctly setup and it is not a skin code problem then the variable I posted will work 100% of the time.

If anybody needs a more in depth explanation on how this works or how to install and use the Texturecache utility just ask and I can try to provide one.

Smile
The common errors while seting up texture cache are forgeting to put the needed cfg file along with the script, forgeting to enable kodi webserver and forgeting to have kodi runing while launching the script.
The commands in themselves are documented with straight example in the thread.

But i admit it lacks a GUI.
I wanted to create one but i really don't have time (and probably skills TBH).

Edit: and of course Python must be installed :-D
In my little update situation Posters TV Series tertiary missing.
After a clean install Kodi 15.0 "Isengard" macchima on Windows 10 and Unix / Linux (Qnap). Kodi 14.2 Helix
27/07/15 (Revision 0.0.5)

All my tv series have been reviewed and scraped from top to bottom with Ember Media Manager "big job ...................."

screeshot
Situation Structure I use for my TV on three levels.

Poster Stagione 1 terzo livello TriPannel

Poster Stagione 2 terzo livello TriPannel

It seems to work well on both machines , Kodi 15.0 "Isengard" Windows 10 and Unix / Linux (Qnap). Kodi 14.2 Helix
(2015-08-08, 10:53)wints Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 10:45)Namoi Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 10:31)schimi2k Wrote: i think i should take another look into this texture maintenance cache utility ...
Very easy to use but extremely powerfull. I always use it when having artworks issues, or when i change artworks as it is faster than doing the changes manually from inside kodi. And in case of artworks issues it can chirurgically fixes things instead of going "middle age" chirurgy way :-D

lol yeah to some, just had a quick read about texture maintenance cache utility but not sure what the command would be for the C option will have to spend more time reading but bit busy today and cheers Schimi for your reply thought it was a cache issue just thought I would keep you up to date with my progress or lack there off

I agree with you Wints. I'd be more inclined to use this if it had a gui for us "command line challenged".
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2015-08-08, 10:29)schimi2k Wrote: first, thx for the colorfull screenshots Smile

no worries, thought your might like them Big Grin

(2015-08-08, 10:29)schimi2k Wrote: i will try to polish kodiflix view when the mike gang is done with it Smile - thx 4 the infos - like you can see, when you have soooo many options, you will have a lot of combinations... so we try to fix all those small things soon Smile
thx again

yeah I guess so Smile i remember it being already difficult with ShedNox, now it must be nightmarish haha
You said somewhere that your coding skills are at 0.2%, well then mine are at 0.0001% haha
I had a look into the View_800_Kodiflix.xml but I couldn't figure out where the problem might be that's why I gave you my colorful picture guide.
But first things first. Polishing the skin comes last, you're totally right. I just didn't know the stage this mod is in so I thought "before it's too late" Wink

If I can help out somewhere let me know...
This is what I copy and paste into a CMD prompt run as admin for texture cache utility. Run all 4 at once and they will execute in order. Make sure your python version matches what you installed. BTW, Kodi must be running when you use this.

C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py update

C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py P

C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py R

C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py c all
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
A usefull one in case of an artworks issue for, saying mymovie is

Texturecache.py C "mymovie"

It will remove then recache all artworks for mymovie only (use capital C, not c as the 2nd one will only cache missing artworks).
Hello again, first my Internet connection is terrible (they are still in the process of upgrading it)

Here are a few requests if possible Smile

OK what I ment about the "in progress" movie widget:

The flags are not aligned as nicely as the main latest added movie widget is:

Where as the latest added movies view is perfect

Addonwall: On the infowall view, when you turn on view thumbs, it adds extrafanart to the movies page, but there is no way to add extrafanart to the TV-show (episode) page and I;m not a fan of the thumbnail option, its a nice addition, but the thumbs are too small to look good so, my request is to allow an option to show extrafanart in episode view in the infowall view.

Dialog video page: I have been trying to re-add the option list when clicking on an actor with no luck. The reason I would request that the actor option list is brought back is because if you don't have Internet at the time, you can't check what movies a specific actor is in within your database. If its not possible with the new extended info script, then perhaps its possible to set up a hotkey for quickly checking what v shows or movies a specific actor is in, in your database?

Outstanding job on the best skin for Kodi!!!
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Meowmoo, I downloaded the latest GIT build and I really like your Alternate Music Vis Layout! One small bug I've noticed is that after <songinfoduration> ends, the shading in the back fades out, but the album cover and info stay onscreen. I've learned a little over the years editing XBMC/KODI .xml files, but I'm no coder and don't know how to fix that.

I spent the morning making some edits to MusicVisualisation.xml that I thought you might be interested in.

I noticed that some of the longer artist and album titles didn't fit on the handwritten cdART, so I replaced all instances of

Code:
Hand_34
with
Code:
Hand_26

Next, I prefer the cleaner look of no overlays on the album cover, so I discovered I was able to remove them by deleting all instances of

Code:
<texture diffuse="thumbs/cdcover_mask2.png">thumbs/cdcover_glass_noreflect.png</texture>
and
Code:
diffuse="thumbs/cdcover_mask2.png"

I also prefer for the aspect ratio of the album cover to be kept, so I changed the width from 400 to 500 (to give the wider covers more room) and added <aspectratio> with "left" alignment. I replaced

Code:
                <control type="group">
                    <animation effect="fade" time="750">VisibleChange</animation>
                    <!--visible>Skin.HasSetting(vinylart)</visible-->
                    <posx>40</posx>
                    <posy>13</posy>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>42</posx>
                        <posy>-270</posy>
                        <height>400</height>
                        <width>400</width>
                        <texture fallback="DefaultAlbumCover.png">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</texture>
                        <bordertexture border="-90">thumbs/cd_shadow2.png</bordertexture>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>42</posx>
                        <posy>-270</posy>
                        <height>400</height>
                        <width>400</width>
                        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false" align="right">scale</aspectratio>

</control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>42</posx>
                        <posy>132</posy>
                        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="10" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                        <height>400</height>
                        <width>400</width>
                        <texture flipy="true" fallback="DefaultAlbumCover.png">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</texture>
                    </control>
                </control>
with
Code:
                <control type="group">
                    <animation effect="fade" time="750">VisibleChange</animation>
                    <!--visible>Skin.HasSetting(vinylart)</visible-->
                    <posx>40</posx>
                    <posy>13</posy>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>42</posx>
                        <posy>-270</posy>
                        <height>400</height>
                        <width>500</width>
                        <texture fallback="DefaultAlbumCover.png">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</texture>
                        <aspectratio align="left">keep</aspectratio>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>42</posx>
                        <posy>-270</posy>
                        <height>400</height>
                        <width>500</width>
                        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false" align="left">keep</aspectratio>

</control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>42</posx>
                        <posy>132</posy>
                        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="10" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                        <height>400</height>
                        <width>500</width>
                        <texture flipy="true" fallback="DefaultAlbumCover.png">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</texture>
                        <aspectratio align="left">keep</aspectratio>
                    </control>
                </control>

I wanted the artist text to be smaller (the same size as the song titles) and to match the color of the year, so I changed FONT_MAINCLASSIC to FONT_MAINCLASSIC2 and added TitleColorVar. I had to lower <posy> from -200 to -170. I also felt that the logo.png sat a little high, so I changed that from -300 to -280. I replaced

Code:
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>1828</posx>
                        <posy>-200</posy>
                        <width>1180</width>
                        <height>38</height>
                        <aligny>-</aligny>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <scroll>true</scroll>
                        <font>Font_MainClassic</font>
                        <visible>Substring(Control.GetLabel(8318),empty.png) | IsEmpty(Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath))</visible>
                        <label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</label>
                        <textcolor>white</textcolor>
                        <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
                    </control>
                  <control type="image" id="8318">
                        <posx>1330</posx>
                        <posy>-300</posy>
                        <width>500</width>
                        <height>193</height>
                        <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="Substring(Control.GetLabel(8318),empty.png)">Conditional</animation>
                        <texture background="true" fallback="empty.png">$INFO[Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath)]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist,,/logo.png]</texture>
                        <visible>!IsEmpty(Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath))</visible>
                    </control>
with
Code:
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>1828</posx>
                        <posy>-170</posy>
                        <width>1180</width>
                        <height>38</height>
                        <aligny>-</aligny>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <scroll>true</scroll>
                        <font>Font_MainClassic2</font>
                        <visible>Substring(Control.GetLabel(8318),empty.png) | IsEmpty(Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath))</visible>
                        <label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</label>
                        <textcolor>$VAR[TitleColorVar]</textcolor>
                    </control>
                  <control type="image" id="8318">
                        <posx>1330</posx>
                        <posy>-280</posy>
                        <width>500</width>
                        <height>193</height>
                        <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="Substring(Control.GetLabel(8318),empty.png)">Conditional</animation>
                        <texture background="true" fallback="empty.png">$INFO[Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath)]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist,,/logo.png]</texture>
                        <visible>!IsEmpty(Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath))</visible>
                    </control>

Next, I like to see song titles in quotes and don't need to see track numbers, so I replaced

Code:
$INFO[MusicPlayer.TrackNumber,,: ][COLOR=white]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title][/COLOR]
with
Code:
[COLOR=white]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title,“,”][/COLOR]

I also changed this in the Next: area as well. If Party Mode is on, it now also displays that with the number of tracks played in parentheses before Next: and changed both to gray text. I also swapped artist and song title to match it above and changed the color of the artist font to match TitleColorVar. I replaced

Code:
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>1658</posx>
                        <posy>50</posy>
                        <width>800</width>
                        <height>36</height>
                         <aligny>-</aligny>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <font>Font_Reg19_Caps</font>
                        <label>Next:</label>
                        <scroll>true</scroll>
                        <include>Animation_VisibleChange400</include>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                        <posx>1658</posx>
                        <posy>80</posy>
                        <width>800</width>
                        <height>36</height>
                         <aligny>-</aligny>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).TrackNumber,,: ][COLOR=white]$INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Title][/COLOR]</label>
                        <scroll>true</scroll>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                        <posx>1658</posx>
                        <posy>110</posy>
                        <width>800</width>
                        <height>36</height>
                         <aligny>-</aligny>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <label>[COLOR white] $INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Artist][/COLOR]</label>
                        <scroll>true</scroll>
                </control>
with
Code:
                    <control type="label">
                        <visible>!MusicPartyMode.Enabled</visible>
                        <posx>1658</posx>
                        <posy>50</posy>
                        <width>800</width>
                        <height>36</height>
                         <aligny>-</aligny>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <label>[COLOR gray]Next:[/COLOR]</label>
                        <scroll>true</scroll>
                </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <visible>MusicPartyMode.Enabled</visible>
                        <posx>1658</posx>
                        <posy>50</posy>
                        <width>800</width>
                        <height>36</height>
                         <aligny>-</aligny>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <label>[COLOR gray]Party Mode$INFO[MusicPartyMode.SongsPlayed, (,)  ·  ]Next:[/COLOR]</label>
                        <scroll>true</scroll>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                        <posx>1658</posx>
                        <posy>80</posy>
                        <width>800</width>
                        <height>36</height>
                         <aligny>-</aligny>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Artist]</label>
                        <scroll>true</scroll>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                        <posx>1658</posx>
                        <posy>110</posy>
                        <width>800</width>
                        <height>36</height>
                         <aligny>-</aligny>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <label>[COLOR=white]$INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Title,“,”][/COLOR]</label>
                        <scroll>true</scroll>
                </control>

Finally, it's a little thing, but I prefer parentheses to brackets for album year, so I replaced

Code:
$INFO[MusicPlayer.Year, [,] ]
with
Code:
$INFO[MusicPlayer.Year, (,) ]

Here's what it looks like in Party Mode with a logo.png for the artist:

Here's regular playback, no logo.png, and wide album cover:

You can see that I also prefer normal case to uppercase for the Now Playing info. I think it looks nicer and you can fit more characters before it starts to scroll. The only way I could figure out to change this was to edit font.xml. In the first section labeled
Code:
    <fontset id="Default" idloc="31390">

I removed uppercase by replacing
Code:
        <font>
            <name>Font_MainClassic4</name>
            <filename>MC360.ttf</filename>
            <aspect>0.67</aspect>
            <style>bold uppercase</style>
            <size>52</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_MainClassic3</name>
            <aspect>0.67</aspect>
            <size>65</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_MainClassic2</name>
            <aspect>0.67</aspect>
            <size>80</size>
        </font>
with
Code:
        <font>
            <name>Font_MainClassic4</name>
            <aspect>0.67</aspect>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>52</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_MainClassic3</name>
            <aspect>0.67</aspect>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>65</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_MainClassic2</name>
            <aspect>0.67</aspect>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>80</size>
        </font>

For anyone interested, here's my complete MusicVisualisation.xml, which I edited with RJ TextEd:
http://ul.to/2g8s6t8t

As I said, I'm certainly not a coder! If I made any mistakes, please let me know. Also, any suggestions are appreciated!
Going back to the topic of season posters at the level 3 Episode level. I have just done a fresh install of Kodi. Yes I did wipe the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi profile folder too. So I had to spend ages re adding my media and giving my OCD a good work over to make sure everything is back the way I like it.

But as showed in my video from a few post ago shows. The issue is still there. In testing a also removed all show .NFOs and all artwork from the folder (I backed it up) before adding it into my Kodi system for scrapping. And even then. Sill no joy. I just don't know. I don't feel it is a cache issue as it has to cache the wrong image before it it can get stuck. And as the TV Show I tested with did not get any wrong images to start with. It is hard for it cache bad a image and force the default poster instead.

As we have said before. I few GIT updates ago, It worked fine. So we know it can work. Just letting you know it has been broke somewhere ;-)

Keep up the good work guys. I know you will work it out
Finally some Music Love here Big Grin

Quote:Meowmoo, I downloaded the latest GIT build and I really like your Alternate Music Vis Layout! One small bug I've noticed is that after <songinfoduration> ends, the shading in the back fades out, but the album cover and info stay onscreen. I've learned a little over the years editing XBMC/KODI .xml files, but I'm no coder and don't know how to fix that.

Never noticed this b/c I display info all the time, i will take a look

Quote:I noticed that some of the longer artist and album titles didn't fit on the handwritten cdART, so I replaced all instances of

I use vinyl as fallback, and just test a few random songs, I will take a look and change the font

Edit: changed

Quote:Next, I prefer the cleaner look of no overlays on the album cover, so I discovered I was able to remove them by deleting all instances of

Added an Option

Quote:I wanted the artist text to be smaller (the same size as the song titles) and to match the color of the year, so I changed FONT_MAINCLASSIC to FONT_MAINCLASSIC2 and added TitleColorVar. I had to lower <posy> from -200 to -170. I also felt that the logo.png sat a little high, so I changed that from -300 to -280. I replaced

looks good, I like it, will add the changes (maby a switch for the Artis colore)

Quote:Next, I like to see song titles in quotes and don't need to see track numbers, so I replaced

Your right, track number is not really needed, will remove it, not sure about the quotes

Quote:I also changed this in the Next: area as well. If Party Mode is on, it now also displays that with the number of tracks played in parentheses before Next: and changed both to gray text. I also swapped artist and song title to match it above and changed the color of the artist font to match TitleColorVar. I replaced

Looks good will add it

Quote:You can see that I also prefer normal case to uppercase for the Now Playing info. I think it looks nicer and you can fit more characters before it starts to scroll. The only way I could figure out to change this was to edit font.xml. In the first section labeled

I also don't like uppercase, just forgot to change it, thanks for reminding me Tongue

Quote:I also prefer for the aspect ratio of the album cover to be kept, so I changed the width from 400 to 500 (to give the wider covers more room) and added <aspectratio> with "left" alignment. I replaced

not sure on this one, most of my covers are 1000*1000 so 400*500 will kinda stretch them?! I need to take a look

Thanks for the Great Feedback, and posting your code, copy paste save a lot of time <3
(2015-08-08, 23:35)meowmoo Wrote: Finally some Music Love here Big Grin

Quote:I also prefer for the aspect ratio of the album cover to be kept, so I changed the width from 400 to 500 (to give the wider covers more room) and added <aspectratio> with "left" alignment. I replaced

not sure on this one, most of my covers are 1000*1000 so 400*500 will kinda stretch them?! I need to take a look

Thanks for the Great Feedback, and posting your code, copy paste save a lot of time <3

Happy to help! I'm glad you like the changes!

Like you, most of my covers are 1:1, but I have a few from digipacks or boxed sets that are oddly shaped. If we just set the <height> to 400 and <width> to 500, you're right it would just stretch the image. But by adding <aspectratio align="left">keep</aspectratio>, the image keeps it's correct shape. If we do that and don't change the <width> to 500, wider covers will fill to the 400 width limit, but reduce the height to keep the correct ratio, which would look weird, as you'd see the spinning disc above and below the cover.

Looking at that section again, I really should have also deleted

Code:

because the shape of the album cover might vary. I just tested one of the Internet radio stations that has a wide banner as a cover and there was a square black shadow behind it.

Also, I don't use the vinyl disc, so I didn't include any of the changes in that area.

Thanks again for your interest! Now I won't have to re-edit every time the file is updated in GIT! Smile
@ mewmoo / mike / Schimi : Music integration is coming leaps and bounds. heres an idea : would it be possible to integrate running cdart manager as a service in the background on music library update ?like a "run all " type command
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39