• 138(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
@schimi2k

I´m unsing openelec (fritsch build with latest jarvis) and local db. I have no freezes.
@schimi2k
I use win7 32bit with latest nightly and a MySQL database. Very often freezes in the skin setup and often freezes while go back/forward in the skin.
In confluence i have no freezes. I enabled debug and i have tried to figure out where it freezes but it's on different locations and the debug shows every time different
debug messages.
I thought maybe it's a script or something else whats causes the issue. If i can help tell me how.
(2015-11-21, 16:00)_Andy_ Wrote: @schimi2k
I use win7 32bit with latest nightly and a MySQL database. Very often freezes in the skin setup and often freezes while go back/forward in the skin.
In confluence i have no freezes. I enabled debug and i have tried to figure out where it freezes but it's on different locations and the debug shows every time different
debug messages.
I thought maybe it's a script or something else whats causes the issue. If i can help tell me how.

So you have the same problems like me... And its just when you have an sql database running... Its realy strange... Will keep checking
Thx 4 infos guysWink
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
@schimi2k: I use Win10 64Bit with Jarvis Beta 1, you last build and local Database. It freez when I jump to "weather" while watching TV (PVR DVBviewer). Once I restart Jarvis, it freezes very fast when I try to enter "Music" I had simmilar trouble on Alpha2.
KODI 19 Matrix RC 1
Intel® DZ87KLT-75K with I5 4670 Haswell CPU
DD Cine S2 6.5 | DVD viewer | Silverstone SST-LC16B-M
Using W10 Jarvis Nightly Local Everything.

Random freezes navigating GUI. Usually going from main menu to any other window such as system settings for example.
Kodi has stopped working from windows error and select 'close program' after mouse clicking into dead window a few times.
Restart Kodi and no problems for the session. Other times reopening Kodi it will do it again. No rhyme or reason.

Makes no difference if you start navigating as soon as Kodi opens or waiting a few minutes for activities to finish.

Common to produce a crash log but not always.
Normal log filled with errors. Too many to count.

Rarely use Confluence but when I have it has never frozen.

Never, ever had any freeze problems prior to Jarvis.

It was freezing prior to using any animated gifs or iptv pvr, my latest additions, fwiw.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Just a quick answer from my phone

Local db, Jarvis beta2 fritch OE build, lots of freezes
hmmm its realy a problem to find that bi*** ... cant find any helpfull info in logfiles
i have a lot of freezes with sql database - almost unable to configure my madnox ! - when i switch to local i have MUCH LESS freezes ... even when i navigate a lot back and forth in menus...
i also try to install just the addons found on of.kodi repo... no other third party addon - also freeze
i disable my advancedsettings.xml too
i have tested confluence,rapier,titan and mq6 - all with a lot of navigation - no freezes at all ...

if someone have an idea ... any help would be nice

another strange thing - here on my dev system i have a INTEL cpu with Graphic card - my other 2 pcs with problems have running AMD APUs ...

will keep searching... it must be a command that jarvis doesnt like anymore...

and thx again guys for all the feedback - so i can say its not just my hardware Wink
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

I was planning on doing a complete wipe, to get rid of the frezzes but after reading ur post schimi I think I can save me a lot of time.

(2015-11-21, 15:29)Eisi2005 Wrote: @schimi2k

I´m unsing openelec (fritsch build with latest jarvis) and local db. I have no freezes.

Ate you on the latest fritch built?
Do you mind posting ur hardware
I went back to Isengard as Jarvis would randomly freeze on win 10 64bits. All local files.

It would only freeze in menus, never while playing a file if I was lucky enough to get there. Never tried confluence.
i found some bad syntax in home.xml ... maybe someone use a "unnormal" edit tool and put some strange >> " << letters - this letters will shown up as a "x93" "button" in my code with notepad++( realy spooky ) ... it have something to do with music visualisation - i desiable it for now and test a bit more while i go through all xml files now...

sounds like fun heh ? ... yeah sure Tongue

Might as well jump in here. This is the latest version that runs for me. All others lock up on the start screen. Sad
KodiSetup-20151105-c4a9e5d-master
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
@schimi2k
I have written a .net app to scan all .xml files for abnormal chars. I found 4 files. Maybe you can check yourself. I will delete the chars and watch if this solves he issue.

DialogVideoInfo.xml
Home.xml
Includes_WidgetLayout.xml
variables.xml

EDIT: I have to correct myself. Only home.xml.
There where 2 with bad letters - home andcone other audioxxxxx thingy... But that wasnt the problem Sad

Yep. Still random crashes. Even with the latest nightly from 11.21.2015.
In the logs i found nothing unusual.

I noticed the freeze occurs during the window zoom animation. I mean you click at a item and the complete window starts zooming out or in and the freeze happens.
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39