• 151(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Ok, when I tried Mikesilvos version everything worked, so the only conclusion I can come to is something happened that causes only Textures.xbt files to work, so I'm currently building one for my skin, will let you know if it works
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
I realy suggest a complete refresh of kodi from stock...
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2015-12-02, 23:39)schimi2k Wrote: I realy suggest a complete refresh of kodi from stock...

I have man, several times.. it didn't work
Ok confirmed, it works with Textures.xbt file (but backgrounds dont show as they are in a different folder) but not if the files are loose Sad

wierd
Logo's Made So Far:
(2015-12-02, 23:48)ShadowTek Wrote:
(2015-12-02, 23:39)schimi2k Wrote: I realy suggest a complete refresh of kodi from stock...

Ok confirmed, it works with Textures.xbt file (but backgrounds dont show as they are in a different folder) but not if the files are loose Sad

wierd

So you uninstalled Kodi, and deleted your entire userdata folder (%appdata%/Kodi) before retrying to install your custom theme?
(2015-12-02, 23:48)ShadowTek Wrote:

wierd

I'm just guessing but could this have anything to do with this script?
Script
When I was trying Silvios Mod I had no backgrounds etc either until I installed this script. Maybe something is interfering now that you have so many version installed...
(2015-12-02, 23:55)BugRaider84 Wrote: I'm just guessing but could this have anything to do with this script?
Script
When I was trying Silvios Mod I had no backgrounds etc either until I installed this script. Maybe something is interfering now that you have so many version installed...

No, definitely not anything script related. There is something wrong with a dll file that Kodi uses to display image files. You may have to hunt the file down and manually delete it or copy it from another source.
I appreciate all the help guys

To be clear, I completely renamed my kodi folder in the user folder, completely uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled. It recreated the new Kodi folder in the user folder so it was a brand new install, I then added just my skin (it was literally the only addon) and I switched to it and it did the same thing.

I have all the backgrounds in MikeSilvos's version showing up but I'll copy that script over just in case Smile.

I'm convinced that for some reason loose files wont work. only Textures.xbt seem to work. To test this, I even copied Mike Silvos Textures.xbt file to my skins media folder (as they are basically the same skin) and suddenly I had all the graphics working.

anyway I'll try a system restore and see if that fixes anything (making a new current one first of course) as I have a feeling it may be a C++ redistributable thing I recently installed that was needed for a game
Logo's Made So Far:
(2015-12-03, 00:05)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-12-02, 23:55)BugRaider84 Wrote: I'm just guessing but could this have anything to do with this script?
Script

No, definitely not anything script related. There is something wrong with a dll file that Kodi uses to display image files. You may have to hunt the file down and manually delete it or copy it from another source.

Good idea, I'll try that first
Logo's Made So Far:
(2015-12-03, 00:18)ShadowTek Wrote: Good idea, I'll try that first

You log says there are issues with 2 dll's one is here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\libcec.dll
and the other:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\ImageLib.dll
Thanks Mike and bob and S. of course, for all the time and work spending on this issue.

To bad I'm not at home and can't try for my self till the weekend.
FIXED!!! I did a system restore and all is well now.

I am now gonna break it again to see if this was what broke it, I earlier installed a vcredist_x64.exe file from microsoft that I needed in order to play a game, I *think* this is what broke it, as I have a restore point from yesterday that works, I have a way to fall back. Note that uninstalling that vcredist_x64.exe file did not fix the issue before the restore.

If it breaks Kodi again, I'll post the exact name of the redistributable C++ package so people will know not to install it.

Thank you all again for all of your help!!! This is a fantastic community!

EDIT:
Well I got the game working and Kodi, so not sure what happened, I'm actually kinda scared of Jarvis now though and Im not gonna install it with the redistributable C++ package just in case, so I think I will wait til its 100% done.

If anyone is wondering, Mircosoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501 is what I installed. I'm not saying this has anything to do with it (probably doesn't), but I figured Id post the name just in case.

Thanks again.

One last EDIT:
For the record, the dll errors are all gone now.. and can't tell you how relieved I am... whew..
Logo's Made So Far:
(2015-12-03, 00:48)ShadowTek Wrote: FIXED!!! I did a system restore and all is well now.

I am now gonna break it again to see if this was what broke it, I earlier installed a vcredist_x64.exe file from microsoft that I needed in order to play a game, I *think* this is what broke it, as I have a restore point from yesterday that works, I have a way to fall back. Note that uninstalling that vcredist_x64.exe file did not fix the issue before the restore.

If it breaks Kodi again, I'll post the exact name of the redistributable C++ package so people will know not to install it.

Thank you all again for all of your help!!! This is a fantastic community!

EDIT:
Well I got the game working and Kodi, so not sure what happened, I'm actually kinda scared of Jarvis now though and Im not gonna install it with the redistributable C++ package just in case, so I think I will wait til its 100% done.

If anyone is wondering, Mircosoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501 is what I installed. I'm not saying this has anything to do with it (probably doesn't), but I figured Id post the name just in case.

Thanks again.

One last EDIT:
For the record, the dll errors are all gone now.. and can't tell you how relieved I am... whew..
nice to hear buddy Smile i know this situation, when you think " damn, i did everything right " but it doesnt work - and you are not a beginner ... so it must have been a unnormal problem

and since windows 10 i realy love the restore points Smile ( used them before windows 10 NEVER !!! - after windows 10... countless Wink hehe )

ok, and a short sitrep:
played yesterday 2 tv episodes on my lightweight bedroom player - add even widgets there and before/between plays i stresstest the menu "a bit" ...
start today my main livingroom player here ...stresstest a bit

freezes so far....

ZERO !

it looks not bad Wink ... will check now the whole codes for this alarm crap and continue testing... when we dont get any freeze comment until this evening, i am start to believe Wink

have a nice day peepz
schimi2k
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2015-12-03, 10:27)schimi2k Wrote: ok, and a short sitrep:
played yesterday 2 tv episodes on my lightweight bedroom player - add even widgets there and before/between plays i stresstest the menu "a bit" ...
start today my main livingroom player here ...stresstest a bit

freezes so far....

ZERO !

it looks not bad Wink ... will check now the whole codes for this alarm crap and continue testing... when we dont get any freeze comment until this evening, i am start to believe Wink

have a nice day peepz
schimi2k
Hey buddy,
same here, I re-replaced the settings.xml with my original one yesterday evening (where all the widgets are arranged etc) and let it run over night - nothing. No freeze at all.
Still running smooth as s**t Nod
No restarts needed as well... It's looking very promising.
Have a great day guys
Sorry, I read only now found a solution to freeze skin.
I ask, Solution is pushed GitHub and / or you have to proceed differently.
Thanks.
Hello everyone,

First I'd like to thank Mr Silvo and Mr Cratchett for their time and for it seems a solution to the freeze issue when attempting to use our old out dated skin in Jarvis.

Also, of course to Schimi for driving himself a little bit more mad in trying to find the issue.

I haven't been able to help that much this week as I'm away due to work commitments this week, so thank you to everyone involved in hopefully resolving this main Jarvis issue.

MikeS & Bob, I would fully like to update the skin to shortcuts and also update the widgets to use marcels skin helper widget solution but when I attempt to understand how widgets work in current Madnox code, then how to integrate both shortcuts and skin.helper then I honestly start to believe I just don't have the skills as I never seem to fully understand the readmes for the new stuff or how widgets actually work in Madnox etc .etc. I will attempt it again over Christmas when I have some vacation.

Please note, this does not mean I wish someone else would come in and do all this, I have to learn these new sides of skins if Madnox is to continue, I'm just stating that I'm having trouble learning it that's all. I would not expect MikeS or anyone else to do a job as big as that on Madnox ever.

I always knew I took on too much by picking up the torch on keeping NOX 4.1.9.9 / Warlion / Shednox alive but I'll always try to do what I can when I can to give Madnox a chance of still be around in future versions of Kodi.

Regards,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39