• 167(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Hey devs, I just downloaded Madnox and decided that this is a worthy successor for XBMCMania which is unfortunately not developed anymore it seems.
Madnox is very similar in the sense that eye candy is a priority at the same time as UI simplicity + customization.

There are some things that I found were missing and would give an even greater experience if added in future versions:

1. Intro movie? It doesn't play for me, any idea why? I get the Kodi logo and then just black screen until home menu shows up.
  2. For TV Shows viewtype "Wall Large" - please add option to "Remove selection box" so that you can remove the "clear box" that is around the cover. The movie Infowall viewtype has this behavior perfectly. I don't know why, but the selection box makes it look cheap in my opinion, just zooming the cover is much classier. Would love the option to set this behavior according to preference.
  3. Music Infowall viewtype could handle 3x4 artist icons instead of 3x3. This would make it easier to browse large libraries as you get a better overview, and there is less "wasted space".
  4. Music Infowall has no title showing above the artist description.
  5. Movies Infowall viewtype has broken behavior for the BD/DVD cases, you probably already know this but I will mention it anyway.
  6. An option to disable the scroll bar on the right for viewtype Infowall would be nice, I find it has no use and is just annoying when you accidentally move the cursor to it.
  7. Speed up the "Glow box" movement on the settings page, it makes the page feel delayed.
  8. A "GamesWall" viewtype would be nice for AdvancedLauncher when browsing console games like NES/SNES so you can fill up the whole screen and not be stuck with Infowall for these.
  9. Option to enable rounded corners for TV shows as well.
  10. A function to import/export skin settings for backup and moving them between computers.

There is my list of wanted changes, hope this was of some help! Keep up the awesome work, I will be using Madnox from now on!
just installed skin as i have recently updated to isangard I keep getting extendedinfo error i deleted and reinstalled again and again but when i press "i" to invoke movie info keep getting extendedinfo error and then wheel start rolling and stuck there if i uncheck extended info from skin setting then it works ok .so can someone please help
hey i love the new skin, great job. can someone tell me how to get normal fanart for my addons. for example when i go to a tv show in genesis. it shows me random fanart rather than the fanart for the tv show. same goes for youtube. please help
Hello

After a good angel found the nasty freeze bug (thx :-) ) i'm very happy with the skin and all your hard work. Months ago the Dolby Atmos logo have been added to the logos but not the code to show the logo if
you have an atmos file. Since ffmpeg can't recognize atmos streams and so Kodi too it would be nice if Aeon Madnox would display the logo if the file is tagged with *.atmos.*

In another thread i found the code to display the logo. I can add this code to my setup but everytime i update the skin with github pull first i have to reverse my changes or the skin can't be updated.

So it would be nice to add this feature. Maybe not the best solution but i guess soon the only possibility.
2032647 (post) post #200
(2015-12-17, 22:12)Cinder Wrote: Hey devs, I just downloaded Madnox and decided that this is a worthy successor for XBMCMania which is unfortunately not developed anymore it seems.
Madnox is very similar in the sense that eye candy is a priority at the same time as UI simplicity + customization.

There are some things that I found were missing and would give an even greater experience if added in future versions:

1. Intro movie? It doesn't play for me, any idea why? I get the Kodi logo and then just black screen until home menu shows up.
    no idea... maybe you disabled it already in madnox settings, or you dont have it inside the extras folder

2. For TV Shows viewtype "Wall Large" - please add option to "Remove selection box" so that you can remove the "clear box" that is around the cover. The movie Infowall viewtype has this behavior perfectly. I don't know why, but the selection box makes it look cheap in my opinion, just zooming the cover is much classier. Would love the option to set this behavior according to preference.
    yeah... thats a good idea... will have a look into it

3. Music Infowall viewtype could handle 3x4 artist icons instead of 3x3. This would make it easier to browse large libraries as you get a better overview, and there is less "wasted space".
    hmmm will check this maybe... but this will be more at the bottom of my "list"

have you a screenshot what you mean ?

5. Movies Infowall viewtype has broken behavior for the BD/DVD cases, you probably already know this but I will mention it anyway.
    it works... the cases just change when you go back from setting... its a known problem, but hard to fix ^^ - also low priority

6. An option to disable the scroll bar on the right for viewtype Infowall would be nice, I find it has no use and is just annoying when you accidentally move the cursor to it.
    i just have one on the middle ?! and thats needed

7. Speed up the "Glow box" movement on the settings page, it makes the page feel delayed.
    hmmm i think this delayed fx is not so bad Smile

8. A "GamesWall" viewtype would be nice for AdvancedLauncher when browsing console games like NES/SNES so you can fill up the whole screen and not be stuck with Infowall for these.
    i think Mike is working on a RCB view or so... and i will take a look at this emulator stuff too the next days... maybe we will add something

9. Option to enable rounded corners for TV shows as well.
    maybe... low priority

10. A function to import/export skin settings for backup and moving them between computers.
    use kodi 16 soon... jarvis save all skin settings in a settings.xml Wink

There is my list of wanted changes, hope this was of some help! Keep up the awesome work, I will be using Madnox from now on!

thx 4 the infos and wishes - we will check some of them and we will see what is comming or not - we cant make everybody happy ( mike add already so many buttons, its so fucking hard to test the skin, because we have now so many variations ) - and please dont forget one thing:

we make this skin as... well lets say we want to learn a bit about skinning ( mostly mike ) - and with this old nox code its not so easy to add this or that with a "click"
for now we are just happy, that madnox is running realy good on kodi 15 and 16 ... and i bet to god that team kodi wont change so much in kodi 17 hehe

finaly we are happy for every idea you have, or bug you found - but we cant add/change everything because one guy dont like it or so - everybody have a different taste

stay tuned
schimi
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2015-12-18, 00:37)Razieal121 Wrote: just installed skin as i have recently updated to isangard I keep getting extendedinfo error i deleted and reinstalled again and again but when i press "i" to invoke movie info keep getting extendedinfo error and then wheel start rolling and stuck there if i uncheck extended info from skin setting then it works ok .so can someone please help

hmmm i am using jarvis with latest extended.info script and dont have any problems... you have the right madnox version ? the isengard version from git - not the MASTER !
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

(2015-12-18, 04:54)_Andy_ Wrote: Hello

After a good angel found the nasty freeze bug (thx :-) ) i'm very happy with the skin and all your hard work. Months ago the Dolby Atmos logo have been added to the logos but not the code to show the logo if
you have an atmos file. Since ffmpeg can't recognize atmos streams and so Kodi too it would be nice if Aeon Madnox would display the logo if the file is tagged with *.atmos.*

In another thread i found the code to display the logo. I can add this code to my setup but everytime i update the skin with github pull first i have to reverse my changes or the skin can't be updated.

So it would be nice to add this feature. Maybe not the best solution but i guess soon the only possibility.
2032647 (post) post #200

an good and nice OLD Angel it was Smile
ive played around with this a long time ago, and had some problems to show the colored icons of it... but i will take a look at the old post and add it to my next PR ...

EDIT: now i know, why i stop playing around with it Wink i cant figure out, how to use the atmos icon in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml without loosing the colored icons Wink - if i add these changes, i get the atmos icon, but all other icons will be "greyscale" instead of choosen colored ones... maybe its a job for a mike or another coder who have any idea how to archive it ... i have the colored atmos icon in view... thats okay Wink

(2015-12-15, 23:06)schimi2k Wrote: i just hope you live long enough to finish it yoda Wink

<yoda impression>Cheeky are you young people getting</yoda impression> Tongue

(2015-12-16, 10:38)Mike_Doc Wrote: My Gob Bob that's seems like some 'to do list'. If you or MikeSilvo think there is anything I might be able to do then just let me know.

Again, thank you very much for doing this and just do it whenever you can Gents, there is no rush and it looks like it will take a while?

Mike.

(2015-12-16, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote: I will happily follow along! Just let me know when there is anything that you want tested. Thanks so much for taking this on!

My Silvo is rushing through the jobs like nobodies business - if he keeps going at this rate not only will I not have done anything towards it, but it will be done by xmas!

All the simple jobs have been ticked off already, but if you fancy taking on one of the harder jobs... Wink Otherwise code cleanup is hugely welcome.

Testing is of course encouraged - bearing in mind what has and hasn't been ticked off the list (so live backgrounds won't work yet, and widgets are, essentially, nowhere right now.) Fit and finish is always a bug bear with a project like this, so please concentrate on details Smile

I'm not sure changing the ID is a good idea, as we'd just have to revert that commit when time comes to do a PR. You could fork the fork and apply your own change to the ID, and then just rebase onto the fork whenever its updated. Or just change the ID manually Wink
(2015-12-18, 13:49)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2015-12-15, 23:06)schimi2k Wrote: i just hope you live long enough to finish it yoda Wink

<yoda impression>Cheeky are you young people getting</yoda impression> Tongue

(2015-12-16, 10:38)Mike_Doc Wrote: My Gob Bob that's seems like some 'to do list'. If you or MikeSilvo think there is anything I might be able to do then just let me know.

Again, thank you very much for doing this and just do it whenever you can Gents, there is no rush and it looks like it will take a while?

Mike.

(2015-12-16, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote: I will happily follow along! Just let me know when there is anything that you want tested. Thanks so much for taking this on!

My Silvo is rushing through the jobs like nobodies business - if he keeps going at this rate not only will I not have done anything towards it, but it will be done by xmas!

All the simple jobs have been ticked off already, but if you fancy taking on one of the harder jobs... Wink Otherwise code cleanup is hugely welcome.

Testing is of course encouraged - bearing in mind what has and hasn't been ticked off the list (so live backgrounds won't work yet, and widgets are, essentially, nowhere right now.) Fit and finish is always a bug bear with a project like this, so please concentrate on details Smile

I'm not sure changing the ID is a good idea, as we'd just have to revert that commit when time comes to do a PR. You could fork the fork and apply your own change to the ID, and then just rebase onto the fork whenever its updated. Or just change the ID manually Wink

you know, all "old" jokes i do with you, i do with all the respect i can give to you my old friend Smile
and its holy nice to see, that you guys are running these things so fast ... but seriously ... no need to rush ! dont burn out hehe

aaaand again... THX 4 all the help Smile ( some people will be think ... okay, its enough thx now - but a small thx doesnt hurt, and Mike and I always mean it )

so, back to work guys... xmas is soon hehe

Hello Bob,

I plan to use phil65's XBMC skinning tool and attempt to cleanup the code over Xmas, if that is what you mean by a code cleanup?

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-12-18, 12:08)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 00:37)Razieal121 Wrote: just installed skin as i have recently updated to isangard I keep getting extendedinfo error i deleted and reinstalled again and again but when i press "i" to invoke movie info keep getting extendedinfo error and then wheel start rolling and stuck there if i uncheck extended info from skin setting then it works ok .so can someone please help

hmmm i am using jarvis with latest extended.info script and dont have any problems... you have the right madnox version ? the isengard version from git - not the MASTER !

yes mate im using git version i know master is now for jarvis i was using that but then copied isengard from git on both skin version im getting extendedinfo error i tried deleting guisetting even advanced setting so i dont know hat is causing that . any suggestions you can give would be highly appreciated
(2015-12-18, 16:24)Razieal Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 12:08)schimi2k Wrote:

yes mate im using git version i know master is now for jarvis i was using that but then copied isengard from git on both skin version im getting extendedinfo error i tried deleting guisetting even advanced setting so i dont know hat is causing that . any suggestions you can give would be highly appreciated

1st. congrats to the 2500th post in this thread Smile
2nd. can you post your logfile maybe ? you can check my addons if you want: http://workupload.com/file/dif3mm6Q - these are all the addons i use atm... and i dont get any errors

(2015-12-18, 19:12)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 16:24)Razieal Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 12:08)schimi2k Wrote: hmmm i am using jarvis with latest extended.info script and dont have any problems... you have the right madnox version ? the isengard version from git - not the MASTER !

1st. congrats to the 2500th post in this thread Smile
2nd. can you post your logfile maybe ? you can check my addons if you want: http://workupload.com/file/dif3mm6Q - these are all the addons i use atm... and i dont get any errors

ok mate im at work now will try and post log for you to look at when i get home will really appreciate your help
(2015-12-18, 12:03)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-12-17, 22:12)Cinder Wrote: Hey devs, I just downloaded Madnox and decided that this is a worthy successor for XBMCMania which is unfortunately not developed anymore it seems.

no idea... maybe you disabled it already in madnox settings, or you dont have it inside the extras folder
    I think this has something to do with Kodi DSPlayer which I use, I will ask those devs about it.

yeah... thats a good idea... will have a look into it

hmmm will check this maybe... but this will be more at the bottom of my "list"
    Yeah its not an emergency, but it would make it easier.

have you a screenshot what you mean ?
    This works now that I switched to Jarvis.

it works... the cases just change when you go back from setting... its a known problem, but hard to fix ^^ - also low priority
    The "No case" option is not OK, there is still some glossy/plastic things over the cover. Otherwise it works like you said.

6. A "GamesWall" viewtype would be nice for AdvancedLauncher when browsing console games like NES/SNES so you can fill up the whole screen and not be stuck with Infowall for these.
    i think Mike is working on a RCB view or so... and i will take a look at this emulator stuff too the next days... maybe we will add something
    Sounds awesome!

7. Option to enable rounded corners for TV shows as well.
    maybe... low priority
    This is low priority for sure, but still I don't see why movies and not series should have this option in the long run. Consistency is always nice Wink

8. A function to import/export skin settings for backup and moving them between computers.
    use kodi 16 soon... jarvis save all skin settings in a settings.xml Wink
    Definitely will check this option out Smile Thanks for mentioning it.

thx 4 the infos and wishes - we will check some of them and we will see what is comming or not - we cant make everybody happy ( mike add already so many buttons, its so fucking hard to test the skin, because we have now so many variations ) - and please dont forget one thing:

we make this skin as... well lets say we want to learn a bit about skinning ( mostly mike ) - and with this old nox code its not so easy to add this or that with a "click"
for now we are just happy, that madnox is running realy good on kodi 15 and 16 ... and i bet to god that team kodi wont change so much in kodi 17 hehe

finaly we are happy for every idea you have, or bug you found - but we cant add/change everything because one guy dont like it or so - everybody have a different taste

stay tuned
schimi

Extremely glad you guys are working on a skin like this, it is by far the best one out there today in my opinion! Keep it up, and remember my points are just suggestions for improvement.
Oh, and where is the "Addon Pack" you mention on the first page?
Appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing, and it certainly seems like you're cracking along at a fair old pace Smile

As previously said, I have movies going straight to the genre view, which is working a treat and the kids find it easy to navigate. However, when they are pressing back to come out of the movie list to the genre list, if they press back too often rather than going back to the main menu, the view goes back to the genre, title, year, actor ect. menu instead.Is there a way of getting it to go back to the main menu instead of this view when the back button is pressed? rather than having to press escape at the genre list?

Not sure if this is something I can do by tweaking the advancedsettings.xml or similar, so any help is appreciated as I'm all Googled out. Just trying to make things as simple as possible for the kids.

Thanks in advance.
  • 167(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39