• 169(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Ah, the background image being displayed is based on the icon image in the .DATA.xml file? The icon image is shared between skins, so that's entirely expected behaviour (there have been occasional complaints about this before due to different visual styles of skins, so this will change in the next release...). But the icon image is designed to be displayed in an icon main menu layout, not as the background image...
(2015-12-19, 10:14)BobCratchett Wrote: Ah, the background image being displayed is based on the icon image in the .DATA.xml file? The icon image is shared between skins, so that's entirely expected behaviour (there have been minor complaints about this before due to different visual styles of skins, so this will change in the next release...). But the icon image is designed to be displayed in an icon main menu layout, not as the background image...

I used the thumb property for the default fanart but the include saves the thumb which is empty on my main menu defaults and stays that way when it makes the madnox include. Should I just use a new property and not the thumb or is that an ok implementation?
Code:
    <shortcut>
        <defaultID>pictures</defaultID>
        <label>10002</label>
        <label2 />
        <icon>special://skin/extras/BigIcons/Image.png</icon>
        <thumb>special://skin/backgrounds/pictures/</thumb>
        <action>ActivateWindow(Pictures,return)</action>
    </shortcut>
Nothing in .DATA.xml will change when switching skins once those files exist - they're the bits of skin shortcuts which are shared between skins.

The thumb property is primarily for the image the user selects as icon image (as $INFO[ListItem.Icon] will grab the thumb if its there before using the icon - so the user choice is always respected). Backgrounds are best handled with Skin Shortcuts inbuilt functions - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...grounds.md - which allow setting a range of backgrounds to choose from, using playlists as backgrounds, default backgrounds for menu items and integrates nicely with the background options Skin Helper provides; or with a custom property.

It's probably also worth having a fallback background within the skin itself, if a menu item doesn't have a background defined in the overrides.xml - which custom menu items won't if coming from another Skin Shortcuts-utilising skin.
(2015-12-19, 10:25)BobCratchett Wrote: Nothing in .DATA.xml will change when switching skins once those files exist - they're the bits of skin shortcuts which are shared between skins.

The thumb property is primarily for the image the user selects as icon image (as $INFO[ListItem.Icon] will grab the thumb if its there before using the icon - so the user choice is always respected). Backgrounds are best handled with Skin Shortcuts inbuilt functions - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...grounds.md - which allow setting a range of backgrounds to choose from, using playlists as backgrounds, default backgrounds for menu items and integrates nicely with the background options Skin Helper provides; or with a custom property.

It's probably also worth having a fallback background within the skin itself, if a menu item doesn't have a background defined in the overrides.xml - which custom menu items won't if coming from another Skin Shortcuts-utilising skin.

Silly me Sad

I should have RTFM! *FacePalm*
WOW Gentleman... i would never belive that you guys already so far ... holy mother of homemenu Smile

i just had a quick test yesterday and confirm the problems posted before ( no icons, and no backrounds ... instead of backrounds i get a widget with a backround )

but never expected that you are so far...
will test now the new version... and i notice some WIP... does that mean, mr.v have no problem because of using his widgets Huh

damn christmas is early this year

Gentleman... THX / Danke Smile

PS: nice new skin.shortcuts icons Bob Big Grin hehe
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
@Bob
I added all the default backgrounds to the overrides file
Code:
<backgrounddefault labelID="pictures">special://skin/backgrounds/pictures/</backgrounddefault>
but it will not fill in the background property unless I delete and restore the shortcut Sad
(2015-12-19, 10:47)schimi2k Wrote: WOW Gentleman... i would never belive that you guys already so far ... holy mother of homemenu Smile

i just had a quick test yesterday and confirm the problems posted before ( no icons, and no backrounds ... instead of backrounds i get a widget with a backround )

but never expected that you are so far...
will test now the new version... and i notice some WIP... does that mean, mr.v have no problem because of using his widgets Huh

damn christmas is early this year

Gentleman... THX / Danke Smile

PS: nice new skin.shortcuts icons Bob Big Grin hehe

I like deadlines, they keep me motivated Wink
That's one of the reasons I have been spending so much time on this... I want to finish it by Christmas Nod
@schimi2k - Heap all of your praise on Mr Silvo - the one job I'd been working on he's just completely obliterated with the switch to Mr. V widgets Wink All this incredible work is his.

The new artwork is already getting admiring looks - thanks again for your work on it Smile

@Mr Silvo - Check you've got the latest version of the fix branch I linked to a short while ago (I found another issue!), and if you've edited the menu whilst using MadNox, delete the skin.aeon.madnox.properties file in the script.skinshortcuts directory - between the two, that should load all the default properties when the menu then gets rebuilt. And if it doesn't, I'll take another pass at the code this evening, time allowing.
(2015-12-19, 00:34)Razieal121 Wrote: http://goo.gl/gCRIZM
Schimi2k here is log i think u asked for mate can u look and see what causing extendedinfo script error plz

WOW... like sarlan wrote before... you have more repos installed, like i have addons in my whole life dude... and some of them doesnt sound Legal/official
and some of them are not compatible with isengard or jarvis

if you realy want to use madnox i would say - make a fresh start ! clean kodi, clean madnox, and just the realy needed repos that are compatible with the kodi version you wanna use ( isengard or jarvis )
if you dont want do that, you need to life with this problem ( and dont forget to configure all addons ! )

sorry
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

(2015-12-19, 10:55)BobCratchett Wrote: @schimi2k - Heap all of your praise on Mr Silvo - the one job I'd been working on he's just completely obliterated with the switch to Mr. V widgets Wink All this incredible work is his.

The new artwork is already getting admiring looks - thanks again for your work on it Smile

@Mr Silvo - Check you've got the latest version of the fix branch I linked to a short while ago (I found another issue!), and if you've edited the menu whilst using MadNox, delete the skin.aeon.madnox.properties file in the script.skinshortcuts directory - between the two, that should load all the default properties when the menu then gets rebuilt. And if it doesn't, I'll take another pass at the code this evening, time allowing.

i see you both as a team, and when i understand it right, Mr.V gives you green light ? good to know

gentleman - can you give me a small tip what files i should "delete" to check it as a fresh start ?
madnox settings and what else ? (skin.aeon.madnox.properties inside script.skinshortcuts directory all the time ? )
just to be sure, that problems dont pop up because of mixing up something

Sirs *lift-the-hat* Smile

(2015-12-19, 10:55)BobCratchett Wrote: @Mr Silvo - Check you've got the latest version of the fix branch I linked to a short while ago (I found another issue!), and if you've edited the menu whilst using MadNox, delete the skin.aeon.madnox.properties file in the script.skinshortcuts directory - between the two, that should load all the default properties when the menu then gets rebuilt. And if it doesn't, I'll take another pass at the code this evening, time allowing.

I must've downloaded it in between the time you originally pushed till you did a, I assume, branch replace.

Working flawlessly now. Gonna push the new overrides.

I guess MadNox users will need this branch till it gets merged into master?
How clean do you want it? The .properties file contains the selected backgrounds, widgets and so forth - deleting that (dependant on using the fix branch, and the bug actually being fixed) will reset all of those sorts of things to default. The .DATA.xml files contain the actual menu items (the action, the label, the icon and so forth). Deleting those will reset the menu to default.

@Mr Silvo - only those coming from another Skin Shortcuts skin, and who don't want to go defining custom backgrounds for each menu item anyway. (And then, they'll need master - we've only just done a repo push, and there are some interesting changes in the pipeline which mean another repo push is a little while away...)
wow... between the version ive tested yesterday night, and the last one ... WOW
backrounds are working - all links are working so far ... even the widgets are working ( not full functional i think, but wow ! )
i dont know if i should already post the things i "miss" right now while you guys are still working on it
( i use almost just playlists in my home menu, and i have some problems with infolines and a wish of " cloning " subemenus if its possible )
icons still dont work ... but i think this will be a bigger step ...

but its working already realy smooth, and i feel already at home with configuring my main menu

NICE JOB GENTLEMEN !!!! WELL DONE

( the new menu + my new default icons i have a feeling of a complete new skin now ^^ )

Many of the addons recommended for Madnox are in Passion-XBMC repo, but this doesn't seem to be supported by Jarvis.
Is there a way to get Passion-XBMC into Jarvis, or another way to get the addons?

Cheers guys for all your work.
(2015-12-19, 12:12)Cinder Wrote: Many of the addons recommended for Madnox are in Passion-XBMC repo, but this doesn't seem to be supported by Jarvis.
Is there a way to get Passion-XBMC into Jarvis, or another way to get the addons?

Cheers guys for all your work.

http://workupload.com/file/dif3mm6Q

this is my latest addon pack from 2 days ago ... normaly i was add this link in my first post, but after we get so many problems because of missing addons or wrong configs, i decide to save my time to provide this addon packs... seems i need to rethink about it again ...
but it seems, we dont need some of the old addons in the "near" future anymore... until then, use my addon pack

good luck

• 169(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39