• 171(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Thanks Bob and Mike Sí! I will test right away.

EDIT: Just tested latest from Git. Getting better and better, thank you!

Notes:

1. Backgrounds and infolines are working, thank you!
2. Figured the info for widgets (info button, duh!) Thanks Mike S.!
3. There are two additional things related to widgets to keep in mind:

- In regular MadNox, whenever you click on a widget, the corresponding fanart is shown. i.e., if I click on an episode in a widget, the show fanart gets shown as background, if I click on a movie in a widget, the movie fanart gets shown as background, etc. I think this is a great feature to keep, if possible.

- In regular MadNox, episode widgets display the series season and episode number and also the episode title. This is really handy.

4. There is no weather widget and now way to select one, and the weather fanart option for background does nothing.
5. When using the icon main menu layout, the icon is shown twice on the focused option, one in the menu color and one smaller in white on top of that. The icon is not shown for any of the other non-focused options.

Thank you guys, I will continue testing any and all changes you submit.

Regards,

Bart
Just to help us hopeless folk that can't keep up (can't find my pen to take notes Smile), which git are the new changes being made to? https://github.com/Ignoble61/skin.aeon.madnox.git or https://github.com/MadMikeDoc/skin.aeon.madnox. Appreciate all the work...Thanks!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2015-12-19, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: - In regular MadNox, whenever you click on a widget, the corresponding fanart is shown. i.e., if I click on an episode in a widget, the show fanart gets shown as background, if I click on a movie in a widget, the movie fanart gets shown as background, etc. I think this is a great feature to keep, if possible.

Added.

(2015-12-19, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: - In regular MadNox, episode widgets display the series season and episode number and also the episode title. This is really handy.

In the menu customiser, select 'Panel' for the widget label.

(2015-12-19, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: 4. There is no weather widget and now way to select one, and the weather fanart option for background does nothing.

I'm not sure whose taking primary responsibility for getting the widgets to the finish line, but a weather widget is always a good idea Smile Weather fanart background is now fixed - by default it will use the weather fanart at http://aeon-nox-background-packs.googlecode.com, but there's a new button in the customisers which will let you install and select a weather fanart pack to use (needs script.image.resource.select, but I think Kodi will offer to install that when you click the button if you don't have it...)

(2015-12-20, 01:07)bobrap Wrote: Just to help us hopeless folk that can't keep up (can't find my pen to take notes Smile), which git are the new changes being made to? https://github.com/Ignoble61/skin.aeon.madnox.git or https://github.com/MadMikeDoc/skin.aeon.madnox. Appreciate all the work...Thanks!

Here:- https://github.com/Ignoble61/skin.aeon.m...nshortcuts Smile
Thanks, Bob. Does it matter which MadNox, MadMikeDoc or Ignoble61?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Just follow that link and click 'Download Zip'. (The changes are all happening on the Ignoble61 git, in the skinshortcuts branch - when its done it'll be PR'd back to MadMikeDoc's master.)
Hi bob/mike and mike,

Just tried the skinshortcut version of the widgets.

Looking great.

Just something to think about. Within your override.xml i have noticed you are not using the widget groupings.
I was trying to avoid using them for nox silvo but I had issues with limiting artwork choices for each widget as I am using the 'widget' and 'widgetype' for that.

An example is library data provider. It seems to set the 'widget' as an addon unless you use custom groupings. I am not sure of a easier method to limit artwork choices for a particular widget.

Another thought are widget backgrounds and width. I made sure every widget has the same panel width. There is a test image in the includes_widgets.xml. So the dimension of this are the maximum widget size including the background. For the height it will vary. I set this in the template.xml as background height, widget top position and label bottom position and made sure the widget was centred within the test image. I found this made the background image easy to handle then. Only 1 control with a $VAR for the texture and $PARAM for the height. So then for future widget styles I plan to add to nox silvo the width will always be the same.

If you were to follow a similar process, when I add new styles to nox silvo it would really just be a copy and paste and a few small dimension changes.

Anyway Just getting it out there that there is method to my coding madness Smile

BTW I like what you have done so far. Smile. and if you would like any help with getting it fully up and running let me know.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Hi guys,

Just tried the newest git development branch. Fantastic work so far!
Just a couple of questions,
The grey back panel for the widgets is not showing for me. Not sure if it is something on my end or something that is still being worked on. Its hard to see the text underneath without it.
Here is a screenshot

Also I noticed the movie logo is no longer superimposed over the movie fanart like in previous iterations of Nox 4. Is this by design or a work in progress?

Another thing I noticed is getting to the nox settings could be acheived by in the main menu going to settings and pressing down would give you the option to go into the skin settings page. Now I can only get there by going to System>Appearance>Skin>Settings.

Lastly I LOVE all the new widget additions. Sadly my favourite is now absent. Will the mixed widget be making a return?

Many many thanks for all the hard work being done. Much appreciated! Blush

EDIT
For clarity here is the mixed movie widget with movie logo overlayed on top
Thanks to everyone who is involved in this big update!

i tried the latest git, and looks great so far.

I wiped all my settings before using the wip version, what i noticed is, the sub menu for Music and pictures shows Addon - Addon.....

the rest is Ok

and when selecting a background there are movies from A-Z, but im missing the simple "Random Movie" option.
@Mr. V - My own preference is to provide all artwork types based on the widgetType property, primarily because it's impossible to know what artwork a given add-on does and doesn't support (for example, at the moment selecting Skin Helper Service through video add-ons will only offer a couple of art choices, though its widgets actually returns all of them. Whilst it may mean an extra entry on a FAQ (if the add-on you've selected doesn't support the art type you've chosen -- choose again), it means that the artwork types are never artificially limited.

Right now I believe the code is almost exactly identical to yours. It would be great to keep it so so that both Nox mods can benefit from your widget work. And if you're serious about helping out, just say the word and I'll give you push rights to the repo where we're doing the work, so you can take on any jobs that take your interest Smile

@Rasten - To get that artwork, select 'Landscape' for the art option for the widget of your choice. The way the widgets work are completely different in the skinshortcuts branch, so to get a mixed movie widget, there would really have to be a library node, playlist or plugin that provided it. (TBH I don't know where it came from originally, so its not impossible this is already the case!)

@meowmoo - Do you have the Skin Helper Script installed? That provides random movie and music fanart background options. Music playlists should be right above the skin playlists in the list (unless Skin Shortcuts hasn't been able to load them)

If you don't have Skin Helper installed, you should* have an 'Enable default widgets' option at the top of the list when you go to choose a widget (rather than a 'Default widgets >' one) which will install it.

For the submenu issue, I believe switching the submenu style to Fixed List in the home window furniture customiser should fix this.

* I think this was only tested by me before the newest Skin Shortcuts was released, so stands a good chance of being broken
(2015-12-20, 03:09)BobCratchett Wrote: @Mr. V - My own preference is to provide all artwork types based on the widgetType property, primarily because it's impossible to know what artwork a given add-on does and doesn't support (for example, at the moment selecting Skin Helper Service through video add-ons will only offer a couple of art choices, though its widgets actually returns all of them. Whilst it may mean an extra entry on a FAQ (if the add-on you've selected doesn't support the art type you've chosen -- choose again), it means that the artwork types are never artificially limited.

Right now I believe the code is almost exactly identical to yours. It would be great to keep it so so that both Nox mods can benefit from your widget work. And if you're serious about helping out, just say the word and I'll give you push rights to the repo where we're doing the work, so you can take on any jobs that take your interest Smile

@Rasten - To get that artwork, select 'Landscape' for the art option for the widget of your choice. The way the widgets work are completely different in the skinshortcuts branch, so to get a mixed movie widget, there would really have to be a library node, playlist or plugin that provided it. (TBH I don't know where it came from originally, so its not impossible this is already the case!)

@meowmoo - Do you have the Skin Helper Script installed? That provides random movie and music fanart background options. Music playlists should be right above the skin playlists in the list (unless Skin Shortcuts hasn't been able to load them)

If you don't have Skin Helper installed, you should* have an 'Enable default widgets' option at the top of the list when you go to choose a widget (rather than a 'Default widgets >' one) which will install it.

For the submenu issue, I believe switching the submenu style to Fixed List in the home window furniture customiser should fix this.

* I think this was only tested by me before the newest Skin Shortcuts was released, so stands a good chance of being broken

Thanks for the reply. Not to worry, there are plenty of other widgets for me to choose from Smile
(2015-12-20, 03:09)BobCratchett Wrote: @Mr. V - My own preference is to provide all artwork types based on the widgetType property, primarily because it's and doesn't support (for example, at the moment selecting Skin Helper Service through video add-ons will only offer a couple of art choices, though its widgets actually returns all of them. Whilst it may mean an extra entry on a FAQ (if the add-on you've selected doesn't support the art type you've chosen -- choose again), it means that the artwork types are never artificially limited.

I actually use the both 'widget' and 'widgetype' for artwork choices. So for example library data provider in <widget-groupings> widget="library" widgetType="movies".

But yeah my main point was exactly as you said "impossible to know what artwork a given add-on does" that's my reasoning for using <widget-groupings> so I can set both values. It was a pain to have to code in all the groupings but it is easy to limit artwork choices then. It would be great to keep the code the same and future updates will be really easy.

Alternatively i could change it so any artwork is selectable for any widget. There is enough fall-back values in place so you should always see artwork. (not my preference though)

I am more than happy to help out and do some updates on git. I could update nox silvo and mad nox widgets at the same time. Time might be a bit limited over the next week though. But I'm sure I could squeeze in a few hours or so on madnox to get all the nox silvo options working.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2015-12-19, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: - In regular MadNox, whenever you click on a widget, the corresponding fanart is shown. i.e., if I click on an episode in a widget, the show fanart gets shown as background, if I click on a movie in a widget, the movie fanart gets shown as background, etc. I think this is a great feature to keep, if possible.

(2015-12-20, 01:18)BobCratchett Wrote: Added.

Thank you! Works great!

(2015-12-19, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: - In regular MadNox, episode widgets display the series season and episode number and also the episode title. This is really handy.

(2015-12-20, 01:18)BobCratchett Wrote: In the menu customiser, select 'Panel' for the widget label.

Thanks! This achieves the title part, but does not have the season and episode numbers. Also, like Rastan mentioned, the panel behind the widgets would be greatly appreciated so that the text is more readable.

(2015-12-19, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: 4. There is no weather widget and now way to select one, and the weather fanart option for background does nothing.

(2015-12-20, 01:18)BobCratchett Wrote: I'm not sure whose taking primary responsibility for getting the widgets to the finish line, but a weather widget is always a good idea Smile Weather fanart background is now fixed - by default it will use the weather fanart at http://aeon-nox-background-packs.googlecode.com, but there's a new button in the customisers which will let you install and select a weather fanart pack to use (needs script.image.resource.select, but I think Kodi will offer to install that when you click the button if you don't have it...)

Thanks! Weather fanart is now working! I have the script.image.resource.select installed, and when I go into the new button in the customisers, I click on the weather fanart pack I have installed, but nothing happens. Thus, I do not know if the weather fanart I am seeing is the default you mentioned or the pack I selected.

I truly appreciate all of the work done so far, and we are so close with the widgets!

The only two other things for me to note at this time are:

1. The issue with the menu option icons superimposing when using icon main menu layout is still present. Also, it would be great to get the default icons for the Oscars and IMDb Top 250 and YouTube menu options, or the ability to select which icon is shown. Also, icons do not show for any menu option which is not focused.

2. I miss the system info widget from regular MadNox, that would be a great addition as well.

Again, thank you so much for getting us to this point, you all rock!!!! Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2015-12-20, 03:45)Mr. V Wrote: I actually use the both 'widget' and 'widgetype' for artwork choices. So for example library data provider in <widget-groupings> widget="library" widgetType="movies".

But yeah my main point was exactly as you said "impossible to know what artwork a given add-on does" that's my reasoning for using <widget-groupings> so I can set both values. It was a pain to have to code in all the groupings but it is easy to limit artwork choices then. It would be great to keep the code the same and future updates will be really easy.

Alternatively i could change it so any artwork is selectable for any widget. There is enough fall-back values in place so you should always see artwork. (not my preference though)

I am more than happy to help out and do some updates on git. I could update nox silvo and mad nox widgets at the same time. Time might be a bit limited over the next week though. But I'm sure I could squeeze in a few hours or so on madnox to get all the nox silvo options working.
I am more than willing to take a backseat and let you finish the widgets Wink

(2015-12-20, 04:00)bsoriano Wrote: 1. The issue with the menu option icons superimposing when using icon main menu layout is still present. Also, it would be great to get the default icons for the Oscars and IMDb Top 250 and YouTube menu options, or the ability to select which icon is shown. Also, icons do not show for any menu option which is not focused.

Again, thank you so much for getting us to this point, you all rock!!!! Smile

Regards,

Bart

The double icons should be fixed. Custom icon selection and a way to see the current icon has just been added Smile
(2015-12-20, 04:29)mikesilvo164 Wrote: The double icons should be fixed. Custom icon selection and a way to see the current icon has just been added Smile

Indeed! Great work and so fast, thanks Mike S! And also the panel behind the widgets is back, thank you also!

Regards,

Bart
Hey all, thanks for the great work,

Can I run the Skinshortcut version and the normal one side by side?
  • 171(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39